Holy Sh*t!

James McArthur. 168 appearances for Accies. £500,000 (ish) transfer to Wigan. Granted he was 18 months or so younger than Kenny when he moved but I reckon the two of these situations could be compared to one another.

how many of the appearances were in the top league? How many goals had he scored, how many league cup medals?

Sportsound saying "around 300K", and that this is the fee we would have received as compensation had Kenny gone in the summer. Looks like the new contract came with an agreement / release clause that, if a club matched the compensation and he fancied it, then he could go.

That's how I read the club statement

St Mirren FC on receipt of the offer from Aberdeen FC have therefore honoured our side of the agreement as Kenny was keen to make this move

I stayed in Aberdeen for 5 years, so have quite a few sheep sha**er pals. Texts from some of them include, "what a steal" "you must be gutted" "strange one, but we are delighted".

It's not just us that are puzzled by our BoDs thinking??? The sheep are well chuffed and know their BoD have done a great piece of business at our expense today.

Only text from up there that I enjoyed was, "you can have fu**in' Winnie back for free as part of the deal."

I stayed in Aberdeen for 5 years, so have quite a few sheep sha**er pals. Texts from some of them include, "what a steal" "you must be gutted" "strange one, but we are delighted".

It's not just us that are puzzled by our BoDs thinking??? The sheep are well chuffed and know their BoD have done a great piece of business at our expense today.

Only text from up there that I enjoyed was, "you can have fu**in' Winnie back for free as part of the deal."

we should have made sure wylde was part of the deal too.

ok, look ive had time to calm down (and i was as mad earlier as some on here)

2 cheap, wrong time, another spl club ect ect ect

HE'S GONE... and i wish him all the best but, i realise now that Kenny was almost like a loan player anyway, he was as good as one as he didn't want to stay but signed the 2 years based on (my guess is) if someone bid around minimum 275k for him.

so hes gone, players will come and go but, st.Mirren will carry on

who knows what the future holds?

just gotta hope gary gets some good business done in time

hurry up gary

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bennyhill+music&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=8E5872F0AD27ECC3DF798E5872F0AD27ECC3DF79

I think we all expected Kenny to go sooner rather than later. In fact, if we'd been told back in the summer that we'd have him until the January then most fans would have taken it.

What you couldn't have foreseen though is that we'd be in such a grim situation, and he'd be our top goalscorer and best player. Compounded by the fact that it's happened on the last day of the window, giving us hardly any time to find a suitable replacement.

Unless Sonupe is a wonderkid you have to think we're a bit closer to relegation than we were at the start of the day. Fingers crossed there's at least one more in by the end of the night.