Holy Sh*t!

Kenny could have walked away in the summer and all we would have got was a development fee. We are probably getting a slightly higher income now. If the guy wants to leave from a club facing relegation to one chasing Europe and a League title I do not think we can begrudge him that. The upside is Stephen Mallan and some dosh to strengthen a woefully small squad. Best of luck Kenny even though I am gutted he is leaving. Selling Kenny is probably the only way we can strengthen the squad and help stave off the R word.

At least David Longwell's stock will have risen in one fan's eyes if the deal happens and we get a fee for a product of the youth system.

Other than that, grim news.

After more than a decade in charge, one very modest transfer fee is a very poor return.

Kenny McLean was a product of the Rangers youth system and Longwell picked him when was released.

Maybe if Longwell set up a proper scouting system instead of sniffing around Murray Park & Lennoxtown we'd get in better quality kids and start earning real transfer fees. Maybe we'd have some young players good enough to have us away from the bottom of the SPL.

Longwell's youth system has been an unmitigated disaster and we need a clean sweep to start all over again.

Kenny could have walked away in the summer and all we would have got was a development fee. We are probably getting a slightly higher income now. If the guy wants to leave from a club facing relegation to one chasing Europe and a League title I do not think we can begrudge him that. The upside is Stephen Mallan and some dosh to strengthen a woefully small squad. Best of luck Kenny even though I am gutted he is leaving. Selling Kenny is probably the only way we can strengthen the squad and help stave off the R word.

I don't think anyone begrudges McLean's chance at a better gig. Its the relatively small fee and the fact that he's been one of the few successes in the team for months. And do you really think the money will be spent on the squad?

See previous post! It would have been £3 million if Longwell was any good at his job.wink.png

If Longwell was any good at his job we would have a proper scouting network in place rather than relying on picking up Old Firm rejects!

Maybe if Longwell was any good at his job we'd have sold a few players over the past decade plus that he's been in charge!

Maybe if Longwell was any good at his job, the youngsters in the team wouldn't be at the wrong end of the table!

You may be happy for us to wallow in the mediocrity of Longwell's youth system - but I ain't!

Not good, anything less than 500k is Aberdeen shoving it right up our arse and our board bending over and taking it. Why sell our biggest asset for less than he is worth (going by other fees).

I won't say we will be relegated now but by god the board have just made the job of staying up a lot harder. We may get a couple of players in but there's no way they will be anywhere near the quality we are selling cheaply.

If the development fee would have been £250,000 in the summer and we have received say £275,000 for our best player when in a relegation fight with a paper thin squad, is the BoD really saying that our premiership survival is worth less than £25,000?

If Longwell was any good at his job we would have a proper scouting network in place rather than relying on picking up Old Firm rejects!

Maybe if Longwell was any good at his job we'd have sold a few players over the past decade plus that he's been in charge!

Maybe if Longwell was any good at his job, the youngsters in the team wouldn't be at the wrong end of the table!

You may be happy for us to wallow in the mediocrity of Longwell's youth system - but I ain't!

And he's to blame for the shit weather as well.

The only way this makes sense is if there's a release clause, although would imagine that will mean no sell ons. Doesn't make it any easier to take but I suppose we've got an extra six months out of a player we all assumed was off in the summer. We've also avoided Craig being responsible for his replacement and Teale having to mutually consent that replacement's contract this month.

Sod all chance of any of the money being used to strengthen the squad today.

Of course I wished it was for more cash especially when Celtic offered £1.6M for Armstrong but it is transfer day deadline and this is apparently the highest bid we have. If Kenny wants to go the club can do little about it in the circumstances. I wish is was for £2M but no-one has offered that. Teale said he had a list of targets - maybe this is the only way of paying for them. I wish we still had Kenny or got £1M+ for him. The next 12 hrs will tell if the money is being invested in the team which is now a must.

Steve Mallen an able replacement in Centre Mid

If this deal does go through you would have to assume that Teale and Longwell will have been approached this morning with that very question. If they feel Mallan is up to the job then that might explain the apparent rush job to get kenny shifted today. If Mallan can fill Kenny's boots then we have money to strengthen more urgently needed areas although getting players in before midnight might not be easy.