Holy Sh*t!

Just when you're beginning to believe that we cannae do anything worse to hack off the support we prove everyone wrong. We have new creative and inventive ways to ensure that crowds will drop and season ticket sales will collapse.

The fans have been royally f*cked over this season.

If there is a release clause the club set it, it is the club that offers the contract. The agent may request a lower one but only an idiot would agree to a release clause a fee pennies higher than the development fee due.

If the agent could set the release clause himself he would set it at zero every time!

It's a blow, yes. Is it such a blow that it will now require a 'miracle' to keep us up? No, that's ridiculous. We are 6 points ahead of Ross County who occupy the only automatic relegation spot. Us losing Kenny McLean doesn't suddenly make them better.

It also gives us scope to bring in another player today, and with the return of Thompson and the signings of Dayton and Arquin we have options going forward that we didn't have a month ago. These experienced forward players will have to step up and I think they will. It's bad news certainly, but it's far from Armageddon.

I think you must be living in some sort of parallel universe..........

McLean has been a (maybe the only) brightspot in an otherwise dire season.

He has scored 7 goals from midfield, and is not only our top scorer by some margin but has scored nearly half of our league goal tally (7 of 20).

His goals have been directly responsible for 6 of our 18 points to date.

And this ignores any contribution he has made to the team other than goals.

If you subtract Kenny's contribution, we would be bottom of the league just now.

We can't really afford to lose McLean. And what's more he was one of the few in the team this season who was worth paying to watch.

And I seriously doubt at this stage, we will replace him with anyone, let alone a player of the same calibre.

Just when you're beginning to believe that we cannae do anything worse to hack off the support we prove everyone wrong. We have new creative and inventive ways to ensure that crowds will drop and season ticket sales will collapse.

The fans have been royally f*cked over this season.

It certainly feels that way.

The club don't help themselves either. This news is out, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's not going to be good news for a support, many of whose patience is starting to wear thin after a couple of shambolic seasons. I know the BoD want out, but even a wee statement indicating that the club are working to bring a player or players in before the window, would be kind of diplomatic and display some understanding of the fans frustrations.

The repeated impression I'm getting these days, is that I'm expected to pay my season ticket money and get on with it.

Game over. Total f**king joke. Keep till summer stay up maybe? No sell now weaken the squad considerably and bring in nobody. Gilmour should have told us the plan was.to.downsize to.The championship and I wouldn't have bothered with my season book. I actually can't believe that were selling at this point and to Aberdeen. relegate us now we have no f**king hope

It certainly feels that way.

The club don't help themselves either. This news is out, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's not going to be good news for a support, many of whose patience is starting to wear thin after a couple of shambolic seasons. I know the BoD want out, but even a wee statement indicating that the club are working to bring a player or players in before the window, would be kind of diplomatic and display some understanding of the fans frustrations.

The repeated impression I'm getting these days, is that I'm expected to pay my season ticket money and get on with it.

I don't expect any statement from the board today during any negotiations that may or may not be on going. However, if Kenny does go I think the least the fans deserve is to be told the reason for the boards decision to sell him and why hide the fee....

It all started with a shit appointment of manager, shit strip, shit players brought in, board treating fans like shit with no communication about what goes on at club. It really has been a shit season. Feeling shit, you've probably guessed that by now

If Kenny had gone in the summer a lot of the irate posters of today probably would not have been too bothered IMHO. Kenny's good form this season,the timing, the possible destination Club and our current predicament all go to make todays possible move all the harder to stomach. Nowt we can do.

As above lets see what the whole day has in store for us before we head for Kessock/Erskine Bridges or similar high jumping venue....

Don't forget your ladder.

Game over. Total f**king joke. Keep till summer stay up maybe? No sell now weaken the squad considerably and bring in nobody. Gilmour should have told us the plan was.to.downsize to.The championship and I wouldn't have bothered with my season book. I actually can't believe that were selling at this point and to Aberdeen. relegate us now we have no f**king hope

Well lets see..........

I'll take the positive ouyt of that, and since it is the hope that kilss , since we have no hope noiw, when we survive , it'll be twice tyhe blast , like coming back fom the dead whistling.gif

Meanwhile , in realityville, I think we've just been torpedoed by our own tube(s)

After more than a decade in charge, one very modest transfer fee is a very poor return.

Kenny McLean was a product of the Rangers youth system and Longwell picked him when was released.

Maybe if Longwell set up a proper scouting system instead of sniffing around Murray Park & Lennoxtown we'd get in better quality kids and start earning real transfer fees. Maybe we'd have some young players good enough to have us away from the bottom of the SPL.

Longwell's youth system has been an unmitigated disaster and we need a clean sweep to start all over again.

FFS

If there is a release clause the club set it, it is the club that offers the contract. The agent may request a lower one but only an idiot would agree to a release clause a fee pennies higher than the development fee due.

If the agent could set the release clause himself he would set it at zero every time!

If that was how it worked maybe he just wouldn't have signed the contract at all. Nobody had met the "development fee", or even offered to, in the summer and you think we could set a higher clause in a russian roulette scenario.

Cheer up, it could be worse. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

For a player who has really only turned it on in the last couple of months, I am surprised we got any money at all for McLean.

His free kicks have been laughable .

Hope he wins the League with the Dons.