Holy Sh*t!

I think you must be living in some sort of parallel universe..........

McLean has been a (maybe the only) brightspot in an otherwise dire season.

He has scored 7 goals from midfield, and is not only our top scorer by some margin but has scored nearly half of our league goal tally (7 of 20).

His goals have been directly responsible for 6 of our 18 points to date.

And this ignores any contribution he has made to the team other than goals.

If you subtract Kenny's contribution, we would be bottom of the league just now.

We can't really afford to lose McLean. And what's more he was one of the few in the team this season who was worth paying to watch.

And I seriously doubt at this stage, we will replace him with anyone, let alone a player of the same calibre.

So your point is if that we'd played the whole season with 10 men instead of playing with Kenny McLean and missed all our penalties we'd be bottom? No shit :lol: .... I'd rather live in a parallel universe than be captain obvious.

Talk about head in the clouds. Every player in Scotland is for sale at all times. Kenny would have signed a 2 year deal on the condition of getting a release clause. Would you not have gave him it? Would you have showed him the door? It's after reading posts like yours I really am thankful that fan ownership didn't go through.

Kenny McLean has been outstanding for us this season and as such he's moved on to a bigger club for more money. Is anyone really surprised? I'm not. Its happened to us throughout our history and it will continue to happen.

As we have always done before, we move on. Instead of doing what seems to be the St Mirren fan thing and be as negative as possible about everything, let's look at the positives:

We have taken a fee for a player for the first time in how long? Since Broadfoot? Not the fee we would have liked, but it's finally a return on our youth system. This money could do a lot of good on and off the park. I'd hope we'd use some of it to bring in at least one replacement before the end of the day or before the loan deadline which I believe runs on for a bit...?

This season have produced and brought through two young forward thinking midfield players who look as good as any we have developed before in Mallan and McLear. The departure of McLean is an opportunity for them to take on more responsibility and get more game time. I'm sure Mallan fancies the penalty taking role and I hope he gets it, what a tremendous striker of a dead ball he is.

Both Dayton and Arquin have showed in their limited game time that they have something to offer us at this level. Arquin has been directly involved in 2 goals and Dayton has scored 1. They are experienced forward players who will have a big part in the remainder of our season. And Thompson seems to be finally getting back to fitness, what a boost that would be.

We are in pretty good form and have an exciting young management team who clearly have the players motivated and behind them. We finally kept our first clean sheet and got ourselves out the bottom two last weekend.

It's not all doom and gloom, trust me :)

Not seeing the mallan replacement thing, he's already in the starting 11, yeah he could play the Kenny role but then someone weaker takes his spot that's vacated. No matter how we look at this we are significantly weaker

We've got till midnight.

Where's the glass slipper?

Never mind the board get rid of another player they gave a bumper wage too with no time to replace him!

Given the fact that relegation would cost us more than 300k and Kenny has been our best player all season so the sale baffles me!

We have now let go off Caldwell,Marwood,Plummer,Drury and sold McClean for pennies!

We have replaced them with a free contract Striker and 6 month loan deal and have less than 12 hours to sign new player's!!

Well done board penny pinching! Might just cost us relegation and then how much will the club be worth?

Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.whistling.gif

what the f**k is going on at board room first we get rid off donkey players and an ass of a manager they hired

had to pay them all off

now because off there f**k up we sell our main asset and hope off staying we more players than we bring in every transfer window

cut cut cut to the bare bones of a squad soon they will ask fans in ground on match day if u want a game

total joke of chairman and clueless directors why dont they all get to ////////////

and dont come back

So your point is if that we'd played the whole season with 10 men instead of playing with Kenny McLean and missed all our penalties we'd be bottom? No shit lol.gif: .... I'd rather live in a parallel universe than be captain obvious.

Talk about head in the clouds. Every player in Scotland is for sale at all times. Kenny would have signed a 2 year deal on the condition of getting a release clause. Would you not have gave him it? Would you have showed him the door? It's after reading posts like yours I really am thankful that fan ownership didn't go through.

Kenny McLean has been outstanding for us this season and as such he's moved on to a bigger club for more money. Is anyone really surprised? I'm not. Its happened to us throughout our history and it will continue to happen.

As we have always done before, we move on. Instead of doing what seems to be the St Mirren fan thing and be as negative as possible about everything, let's look at the positives:

We have taken a fee for a player for the first time in how long? Since Broadfoot? Not the fee we would have liked, but it's finally a return on our youth system. This money could do a lot of good on and off the park. I'd hope we'd use some of it to bring in at least one replacement before the end of the day or before the loan deadline which I believe runs on for a bit...?

This season have produced and brought through two young forward thinking midfield players who look as good as any we have developed before in Mallan and McLear. The departure of McLean is an opportunity for them to take on more responsibility and get more game time. I'm sure Mallan fancies the penalty taking role and I hope he gets it, what a tremendous striker of a dead ball he is.

Both Dayton and Arquin have showed in their limited game time that they have something to offer us at this level. Arquin has been directly involved in 2 goals and Dayton has scored 1. They are experienced forward players who will have a big part in the remainder of our season. And Thompson seems to be finally getting back to fitness, what a boost that would be.

We are in pretty good form and have an exciting young management team who clearly have the players motivated and behind them. We finally kept our first clean sheet and got ourselves out the bottom two last weekend.

It's not all doom and gloom, trust me smile.png

Good post! (apart from the bit about 'trusting you'.)

The reality of the situation is that we have arguably lost our best player (certainly going on current form, I'd suggest it isn't even arguable).

Exactly how that will impact on our fate this season, is not in anyone's gift to know, but we are significantly weaker than we were yesterday as things stand. Anyone who would deny that is in cloud cuckoo land.

I think the dynamic of the team will take a hit, over and above the loss of Kenny's goals and set up play.

The pack will require a re-shuffle, and it is fair to say we have picked up a wee bit in recent weeks, so anything that disrupts that momentum is a setback.

Probably best to reserve judgement until the window shuts later, but I'm not confident that any business done will adequately compensate for a big loss in McLean moving on.

So your point is if that we'd played the whole season with 10 men instead of playing with Kenny McLean and missed all our penalties we'd be bottom? No shit lol.gif: .... I'd rather live in a parallel universe than be captain obvious.

Talk about putting words into someone's mouth. You may disagree with the poster, but don't make shit up just to try and make yourself look correct.

Players come and go and have done for over 100 years. The fact he's going doesn't bother me we will move on, normally he's injured in January anyway.

What does bother me though is the pittance we are getting. If dundee utd are selling Robertson and Gauld for the fee they are getting and hendrie is going at the end of his contract for a million then we have been sold well short.

It stinks of a boardroom panicking that we will be well down in revenue due to:-

* no cup runs

* minimal SPL prize money at the end of the year

* compensation for releasing sub standard players who joined us

* appointing a 64 year old with no management skills and no track record in management

* paying the Diddy compensation

All in all we have f**ked this season right up and Aberdeen are now lucky enough to be taking full advantage.

If this is true that we have agreed to sell our best player to one of our competitors for an absurdly small fee on the last day of the window then I am absolutely and utterly gobsmacked.For goodness sake we are fighting to stay in the league.Well and County will be rubbing their hands with delight.We now have a Board with zero ambition. Our family have three season tickets are shareholders and doubt we will attend any more matches this season.Absolutely now thoroughly sickened with this entire mess if a season.

So, we have no facts on the transfer fee.............................still people shouting some absurd posts, and that's saying something.

We also don't know if we will have any replacements, but still "we're doomed".

Anyone else having a nice Monday? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Almost reaching frenzy that was Nacho Novo..........................Meltdown Monday.

Edited by faraway saint