John Mcginn

I have the tin hat on here, but is it only me who thinks that wee John is a bit overrated ? I do like his effort and a lot of the things he does, but I dont see Dundee utd being interested unless at a fee of maybe 50k etc. Unfortunately John is a bit slow for one of the big teams and sometimes lets himself down with late tackles.No, Id just as soon keep him here at Saints.

I have the tin hat on here, but is it only me who thinks that wee John is a bit overrated ? I do like his effort and a lot of the things he does, but I dont see Dundee utd being interested unless at a fee of maybe 50k etc. Unfortunately John is a bit slow for one of the big teams and sometimes lets himself down with late tackles.No, Id just as soon keep him here at Saints.

He just might shine now that he isn't in the shadow of Kenny. The stage is now yours John.

• 1 month later...

One of our players has received the honour of being called up to a Scottish international squad (an honour I would have loved to have had). Just thought it would be nice to congratulate the lad for his efforts and a nice wee reflection on St Mirren. But maybe these things do not count any more.

Just a possibility that in return for signing a new contract in tge summer there is a clause that if the development compensation is met then he can go? Deal similar to Kennys?

Well done on the call up John

Probably, don't know if there will be many teams going after him on this seasons form, if we get relegated I don't think he'll sign a new deal though.

Maybe a drop down in level would help our current youngsters in the first team find their form and confidence again. It goes without saying relegation would be disastrous for the club but I think a few of our boys would shine in that Division.

Just a possibility that in return for signing a new contract in tge summer there is a clause that if the development compensation is met then he can go? Deal similar to Kennys?

Well done on the call up John

I would hope that we've learned from the Kenny situation and play hardball a bit better this time. If he is offered a new contract (with reasonable terms) and rejects it we're eligible to get the compensation fee for some period of time. With this in mind I'd suggest that the contract is offered with a release fee in excess of the compensation fee we would be eligible to, thinking something like £500k-£750k would be still be deemed reasonable given he is younger than Kenny and we've now sold for £300k.

It goes without saying relegation would be disastrous for the club but I think a few of our boys would shine in that Division.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Learn from my mistakes...

I once thought the very same way. No bigger beneficiary than the young Paul Lambert, thought I.

He will be a standout in the lower league, was my cry.

He was anonymous. Thr Championship is no place for talented youngsters.

I would hope that we've learned from the Kenny situation and play hardball a bit better this time. If he is offered a new contract (with reasonable terms) and rejects it we're eligible to get the compensation fee for some period of time. With this in mind I'd suggest that the contract is offered with a release fee in excess of the compensation fee we would be eligible to, thinking something like £500k-£750k would be still be deemed reasonable given he is younger than Kenny and we've now sold for £300k.

What is the compensation fee we would be eligible to this summer?

What was the compensation fee we were eligible to for Kenny McLean?

Was there actually a release clause in Kenny McLean's contract?

If yes, what was the amount?

McGinn would do well to learn from Kenny, i.e if you want a move play out of your skin every week and get noticed.

For whatever reason he's been poor this season, although there's no doubting he's got talent.

If we go down, he'll be away, probably best for both parties.

JM will go -like all other 42 teams in Scotland we are a feeder club, I do like McGinn does a lot of hard work, always on move. I reckon even with us staying up he will go, would be an asset to all SPL teams.

Regardless of were we end up I just hope some divet on the board is thinking about next year as clearly F all thought went into this campaign