John Mcginn

John is captaining the Scotland Under 21's today. Hopefully Danny can get a good performance out of him and this gives John a bit of confidence for the run in. Vital player for us.

Kick off is at 1.30 for anyone interested, don't think its on tv.

Scotland won 2-1.

Taken from the Evening Times report...

'St Mirren midfielder John McGinn was Scotland's best player and he rattled a 25-yard effort just over the bar at the start of the second half.'

He must have got a lot of confidence being given the captaincy last night, so hopefully that gives him a boost coming back to us.

Danny making substitutions which turn defeat into last minute victory... if only the boo boys hadn't won the day last May eh?

To be honest I don't think the fans at the games drove him out the club, I think there were serious issues going on in the dressing room, I think he lost respect of the players and some of them screwed him over. Lets not forget the League record after winning the cup was pretty rotten, even into the next season. I think Danny would be able to raise the spirits of the fans just now though, not getting that from GT and certainly didn't get that from TC.

Taken from the Evening Times report...

'St Mirren midfielder John McGinn was Scotland's best player and he rattled a 25-yard effort just over the bar at the start of the second half.'

He must have got a lot of confidence being given the captaincy last night, so hopefully that gives him a boost coming back to us.

Sounds promising.

At the end of last season I suggested I'd be happy for the club to give DL another year given the improvement at the sharp end of the season. He seemed to get the extra out of the players to escape the trap door.

While I don't think we'd be world beaters I firmly believe we would be better off had Danny been at the helm this term.

At the end of last season I suggested I'd be happy for the club to give DL another year given the improvement at the sharp end of the season. He seemed to get the extra out of the players to escape the trap door.

While I don't think we'd be world beaters I firmly believe we would be better off had Danny been at the helm this term.

In hind sight, if only.

As i said before

Fergie would struggle this season given our budget and restrictions our managers had to deal with this season

Danny Lennon who treated poorly by our board by not letting him to say goodbye would have made no difference this season

We have the weakest squad by a distance and it's no surprise where we are sitting

I don't think is was "quite obvious" at all.

I do agree we fcuked up in appointing TC, for whatever the reason was.

Really patchy form at the tail end of the 2012/2013 season and it continued into the next season. Signings like Harkins,Grainger, Caprice, Cornell ultimately cost Danny his job. I don't think the fans hounded him out tbh.

Edited by Sergie's no1 fan

Really patchy form at the tail end of the 2012/2013 season and it continued into the next season. Signings like Harkins,Grainger, Caprice, Cornell ultimately cost Danny his job. I don't think the fans hounded him out tbh.

Ultimately we stayed up, looking highly unlikely this season.

While it's hard to say if the "fans" hounded him out some of the behaviour he received over the 4 seasons he was here was embaressing for the majority of de cent supporters.

As i said before

Fergie would struggle this season given our budget and restrictions our managers had to deal with this season

Danny Lennon who treated poorly by our board by not letting him to say goodbye would have made no difference this season

We have the weakest squad by a distance and it's no surprise where we are sitting

Except that, with Kello, Kelly, Naismith, McAusland, Goodwin, Teale, McLean, McGinn and Thompson around from previous seasons (and maybe Tesselaar back as well) Danny would have 9 or 10 regulars from last year's squad available this season, all of whom have played better and looked fitter and more motivated when DL was in charge compared with his 2 successors!

I didn't say the fans hounded him out. I said it was a shame the boo boys got their way. We've appointed 2 inferior managers since we let DL go and with much the same squad as DL had last year they have played much worse and got poorer results.

I didn't say the fans hounded him out. I said it was a shame the boo boys got their way. We've appointed 2 inferior managers since we let DL go and with much the same squad as DL had last year they have played much worse and got poorer results.

There is absolutely no way that anyone who wanted Danny out would have imagined we'd get Tommy Craig as a replacement. Danny had wasted enough money, you could even argue it led to the cutbacks made this season. The nice football had gone, we had no plan B and he'd lost the dressing room (though the players are paid and should play for us).

Is it not great not having another St Mirren defeat to explain away tomorrow?

For the last few seasons we have had that same Friday evening feeling - and why?

Because from (and including) DL's time we have generally made poor signings, some of which are referred to above. They were either never good enough in the first place to cut the mustard or else when they arrived at St Mirren they never maintained previous performance levels. We have regularly then had drastic end-of-season clear-outs and replaced these with even more inferior quality.

The BoD are responsible for appointing managers and developing a strategy for improvement.

In both areas they have failed drastically since the time of Gus McPherson who achieved just as much with limited resources, as his successors as we emerged from the effects of our previous relegation.

The BoD then took their eye off the ball and we have then suffered in comparison with the likes of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness Caley, Ross County, Kilmarnock and even Hamilton Accies, who all had similar resources as ourselves. These clubs were also affected by financial restrictions but, by more effective stewardship than ourselves, have achieved more in the bread-and-butter SPFL.

Surely this is not open to dispute?

Except that, with Kello, Kelly, Naismith, McAusland, Goodwin, Teale, McLean, McGinn and Thompson around from previous seasons (and maybe Tesselaar back as well) Danny would have 9 or 10 regulars from last year's squad available this season, all of whom have played better and looked fitter and more motivated when DL was in charge compared with his 2 successors!

Thompson and Teale haven't played much due to injury

McLean came to fore and was duly given away when we looking like a team capable of staying up

When the player who scored or assisted with most of your goals is took off you on the very last day of the transfer window.

Morale would have went right out the window and it's shown to be

What is the compensation fee we would be eligible to this summer?

What was the compensation fee we were eligible to for Kenny McLean?

Was there actually a release clause in Kenny McLean's contract?

If yes, what was the amount?

Using the Charlie Telfer transfer as an example the rate seems to be £20k per year of development as he was at Reinjurs for 10 years and the fee Dundee Utd were told to pay was £200k.

John McGinn has been with us since age 7 so that would work out at about £240k or £250 (is he 19 or 20?) unless there are other criteria used too.