Newcastle United & Loans

Kemp

I take that is our link-up with Newcastle dead and buried then now that The Sevco seem to have become a feeder club for them?

From a Saints perspective we obviously benefited from Dummett and Newton. I didn't really think either were stand outs in the league but Newton wrote himself in to the history books at Hampden. Adam Campbell didn't have much of an impact. Next we have the link up with Man City who sent us a couple of wasters and it seems forced us to give Marwood a contract too! Is that link between the clubs still alive seen as we are going to down to play New York there?

I'm not sure there is much point trying to create these relationships. You sack your clueless manager or the others clubs youth director changes and the whole things appears to be done.

To take players on loan they really should be a cut above what we have otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot. To think McLear and Mallan were being kept out the squad for that kid from Man City! We shall see how the boy from Spurs does, certainly sounds promising, but really our job should not be to develop young players for other teams.

Finally, surely Mike Ashley and Sevco are just trying to goad the SFA in to action here? How much clearer does it need to be that the guy who owns the stadium, training ground and has half his Newcastle youth team playing in Glasgow is the owner of the club?

Finally, surely Mike Ashley and Sevco are just trying to goad the SFA in to action here? How much clearer does it need to be that the guy who owns the stadium, training ground and has half his Newcastle youth team playing in Glasgow is the owner of the club?

The other aspect I'm slightly confused in is why Mike Ashley is being investigated for potentially owning Newcastle and Rangers, when Hearts have done this before with Romanov owning Kaunas and loaning many players into Hearts?

Ashley loans 5 players to Sevco, with Sevco paying a chunk of the wages. Ashley has loaned Sevco the money need to pay the chunk of those wages. Ashley saves the money from the Newcastle wage bill and gets the loan paid back by Sevco.

Ashley wins financially, the SFA will be too sh*t scared to do anything about it and Sevco become Newcastle's feeder club. That's kinda cheered me up a bit after the McLean debacle.

How did Man City force us to give Marwood a contract?

I think this might be a reference to Marwood's father being on their books and this being the link that facilitated the loan deals. In fairness,it isn't a completely outlandish insinuation, as the only other possible scenario for Marwood getting the gig is that he has photos of Tommy Craig/Stewart Gilmour/Brian Caldwell [delete as appropriate]....

Was wondering about this. Isn't there some regulation that prevents Rangers effectively taking half a team on loan from a single club?

Just taking the pish really isn't it?

I thought 4 loan players was the maximum, full stop. Maybe that only applies to the top league (in a similar set-up to emergency loan arrangements etc.).

You're right, though, it is taking the piss, but when did that ever stop them?

The other aspect I'm slightly confused in is why Mike Ashley is being investigated for potentially owning Newcastle and Rangers, when Hearts have done this before with Romanov owning Kaunas and loaning many players into Hearts?

It's an interesting time.

Will the SFA bottle it? I bet they do.

However the Bosses of the SFA are St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Ross County, QoS, Falkirk... when Financial doping gives such a huge leg-up to a team that is way way beyond financial stability, and it means one or more of the above clubs will certainly suffer by this manipulation of the rules, you would think the member clubs, would shout a wee bit.

Why don't they?

Financial doping and cheating got loads of trophies and leagues for the deid club. It has got its replacement a team riding high through the diddy leagues... when will the clubs call a halt to it?

A bit strong Shull considering the OP is a Buddie and per previous loan signings from NUFC there is relevance here..

I agree, but when you see how I post in helping to reply you can understand shull's angst. Scottish fitba is ALL about the deid/new club/company.

Was wondering about this. Isn't there some regulation that prevents Rangers effectively taking half a team on loan from a single club?

Just taking the pish really isn't it?

I thought 4 loan players was the maximum, full stop. Maybe that only applies to the top league (in a similar set-up to emergency loan arrangements etc.).

You're right, though, it is taking the piss, but when did that ever stop them?

The maximum number only applies within Scottish clubs. It could be FULL ELEVEN that gets supplied, if the SFA bottle it. Which it will.

Watford had 10 players from Udinese at one time....

There is no restriction on cross-border loans under SFA rules, enabling Rangers to bring in the quintet in one deadline-day swoop.

Although the bulk move raises fresh questions about Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and his interest in Rangers, where he has an 8.9 per cent stake in the club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937223/FIVE-Newcastle-players-loaned-Rangers-deadline-day-raising-fresh-questions-Mike-Ashley.html

It's an interesting time.

Will the SFA bottle it? I bet they do.

However the Bosses of the SFA are St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Ross County, QoS, Falkirk... when Financial doping gives such a huge leg-up to a team that is way way beyond financial stability, and it means one or more of the above clubs will certainly suffer by this manipulation of the rules, you would think the member clubs, would shout a wee bit.

Why don't they?

Financial doping and cheating got loads of trophies and leagues for the deid club. It has got its replacement a team riding high through the diddy leagues... when will the clubs call a halt to it?

I agree, but when you see how I post in helping to reply you can understand shull's angst. Scottish fitba is ALL about the deid/new club/company.

The maximum number only applies within Scottish clubs. It could be FULL ELEVEN that gets supplied, if the SFA bottle it. Which it will.

Watford had 10 players from Udinese at one time....

And the English high heid yins changed the rules to stop that from happening again. Can you see the SFA/SPFL doing that?

It was on another thread last night that the relationship with NUFC wasn't with the Buds, but with TC. No TC then no Newcastle kids, it seems.

Aye. I'm sure TCs' past history at Newcastle played a massive part in loans and the fairly recent friendly between the 2 clubs. As for this batch of loans to rangers, it pains me to see NUFC in any way connected to that club. Personally hope he sells up down here and then inflicts his s**te on their fans instead. I'll believe that when i see it because why should he give up NUFC when we meet his requirements perfectly.

Ashley loans 5 players to Sevco, with Sevco paying a chunk of the wages. Ashley has loaned Sevco the money need to pay the chunk of those wages. Ashley saves the money from the Newcastle wage bill and gets the loan paid back by Sevco.

Ashley wins financially, the SFA will be too sh*t scared to do anything about it and Sevco become Newcastle's feeder club. That's kinda cheered me up a bit after the McLean debacle.

And he develops 5 young Newcastle lads either for the first team or a potential future sale. Well done Mike I'd say.

I'll say this for Ashley: he ain't daft.

It's what concerns me about him potentially taking over Sevco. He will run them in an efficient way and his involvement there pretty much precludes the chances of them going into administration for the first time in the club's history.

He will find a way to make money from Sevco, even if it's just associated tracksuit sales to neds. But he won't asset strip: he'll be looking for ways to make money in the long term. They'll end up being a financially well-run club, with no players on stupid contracts, and he'll make a killing from selling them off.