Note To St Mirren Board Of Directors....

Drew

Indeed.

The forum is drowning is a sea of angst almost worthy of a fcuking Oscar.

The need to repeat the same point or question, right or wrong, is stunning. (© Norrie and many others)

The level of "doom" has hardly even been seen on here, well, since we last lost a coupe of games.

No one has died, we are still in with a shout of escaping relegation and even if we happened to drop down, not the end of the world, except for some.

The thing is communication is vitally important especially when things are going wrong. We've had one sh*t season when the majority of fans who shelled out for season tickets ain't seen a win all season. We've got the club going to be sold next week and a manager sacked and our best player sold.

Call me old fashioned but if I was waiting for a train or a plane and it was delayed or cancelled I'd expected someone to explain what was wrong and when I could expect the next one.

Why should we say it's okay when things are going so badly wrong at the moment for no one to come out and try and explain the situation at the club? This isn't just my opinion just read the forum people are genuinely concerned and upset at the lack of any information.

Don't get me wrong I can understand up to a point the reason for the silence but just read the opinions of good Buddies on here. Lots of them are at the point of chucking it and I know some season ticket holders that have stopped going. When a business stops listening to its customers it usually ends badly.

That said I do respect both sides of the argument.

The thing is communication is vitally important especially when things are going wrong. We've had one sh*t season when the majority of fans who shelled out for season tickets ain't seen a win all season. We've got the club going to be sold next week and a manager sacked and our best player sold.

Call me old fashioned but if I was waiting for a train or a plane and it was delayed or cancelled I'd expected someone to explain what was wrong and when I could expect the next one.

Why should we say it's okay when things are going so badly wrong at the moment for no one to come out and try and explain the situation at the club? This isn't just my opinion just read the forum people are genuinely concerned and upset at the lack of any information.

Don't get me wrong I can understand up to a point the reason for the silence but just read the opinions of good Buddies on here. Lots of them are at the point of chucking it and I know some season ticket holders that have stopped going. When a business stops listening to its customers it usually ends badly.

That said I do respect both sides of the argument.

Really?

The mad rants of people who's main pastime is to look for a negative and repeat as many times as possible?

Do you believe all this bluster about season tickets and not going again?

The first time we win a few games, boom, these moaning faced cnuts are back jumping aboard the "Oh when the Saints" bandwagon.

That said, I do respect the right of people to moan like spoiled children at every opportunity.

Really?

The mad rants of people who's main pastime is to look for a negative and repeat as many times as possible?

The first time we win a few games, boom, these moaning faced cnuts are back jumping aboard the "Oh when the Saints" bandwagon.

That said, I do respect the right of people to moan like spoiled children at every opportunity.

About the bluster about season tickets it could be

We are in Feb and yet to see a home victory

Really?

So you think everythings fine and all the people who would like more information are all wrong?

Everything clearly isn't right and the vacuum being created by the lack of information is being filled by rumours and wild speculation.

Yes there is a lot of moaning but I honestly can't remember when I was at a game when we won.

About the bluster about season tickets it could be

We are in Feb and yet to see a home victory

Possibly, but the majority still turn up year after year.

For every person that shouts on here about leaving there's an equal amount who are new and jump aboard.

Don't misunderstand me, there are times in most of the last 8 seasons when we've hit almost as many lows as we have right now but has the steady support.ST sales dropped?

Working in a communications role myself, I can say that St Mirren are very lucky (as are all football clubs) that their customers are so engaged. That should make the job of communicating to them pretty easy...

If a section of your customers are feeling ignored, disenfranchised or would simply like more information... Then the chances are you're not engaging with them enough. It's not rocket science.

Agreed with the comments above, I don't see why the BOD should make any kind of statement about McLean. There's not much to say.

They could let the fans know why they waited until the transfer window nearly closed before appointing a manager?

Or why for the 2nd January in a row we are scrambling about looking for free agents because we made a mess of the transfer window? Djemba-Djemba back next week then.... This carry on cost Lennon his job last year; how Craig kept his I'll never understand.

Communication with the fans is nowhere near good enough. As pointed out above Saints fans are very engaged customers. They put so much time and effort into supporting the club and identify so strongly with it that they feel a sense of ownership.

Given that I think the very least the BOD can do is to let the fans know what's going on.

Making poor decisions (like appointing Craig) is one thing. But it's quite hard to come up with an excuse for not treating the fans with respect.

Edited by ds10

Next you'll be expecting the board to comment on the twitter nonsense that we're about to plunge in to administration.

Actually, yes. I would expect them to come out and say its utter nonsense. Stop it from growing legs. As someone indicated earlier, rumour and scaremongering fills the vacuum otherwise.

There is too much DUFC and AFC on our board, making me feel nauseous. Their Thompson has been United since he was in womb or whatever (test tube probably) Milne is a rich tosser. Both teams still live in the 80s, kiddin themselves on and of course when they play a real team in Europa will get humped.

Give me SMFC any day, we have won as many trophies as they have this century, and we know what we are about, fck u would think they are about to embark on CL , for that matter Tic are pish as well, and if that Gers team came to our place our home record would get a lot better.

CYOS FODUFC,AFC,SEVCO,CFC and whilst I am on a run Cameron and Milliband

It would be a very interesting handbag moment if we packed all the 'angry' contributors to this website into a room together and let them loose for 60 minutes.

Would they all eventually stop moaning and realise they are actually all St Mirren supporters together, or would they continue arguing with their own shadow until the cows came home............................... whistling.gif

It would be a very interesting handbag moment if we packed all the 'angry' contributors to this website into a room together and let them loose for 60 minutes.

Would they all eventually stop moaning and realise they are actually all St Mirren supporters together, or would they continue arguing with their own shadow until the cows came home............................... whistling.gif

I think you'd find that people would behave very differently face to face.

Not through fear or any of that bollox.

It's just always different being in front of someone and reading their faces.

May the fans expect that with the recent sale of our best player and the influx of youths and reserves, the admission price will be reduced from now on to reflect the reduction in standard ?No I didnt think so.

Quite right not to think so.

Only a lunatic would.

May the fans expect that with the recent sale of our best player and the influx of youths and reserves, the admission price will be reduced from now on to reflect the reduction in standard ?

No I didnt think so.

Why even suggest it, when you already know the answer.