Alan Gow Training With Us.

Thinking back to when he 'shat' on us, Lennon foolishly blabbed to anyone that would listen that we'd offered him a contract.

All Gow did was take a better deal with Motherwell.

It signalled the end of Danny's diary on the official site.

Like any one us would have done.

Is Alan Gow really the kind of player you want in the midst of a relegation battle? Wylde has been taking pelters for not getting stuck in.

This guy is going to get new levels of abuse if its the same old Alan Gow we have signed.

Hope he proves me wrong but my expectations aren't exactly high with this one.

Hugely uninspiring signing, but I expect little else. I'm not all that interested in his previous with the club. What I'm not at all convinced about is what he will bring to the table now.

Its smacks of a desperate last throw of the dice, as opposed to a strategic signing. Perhaps that is inevitable given our current position. It will also most likely lead to more chopping and changing of personnel and formation when we could be doing with a settled, resilient, and battling set-up. That said, after witnessing the pitiful display against ICT, perhaps anything is worth a punt.

What about the defence, though.... come on, FFS!

Edited by Drew

Wow chill out lads...

Alan Gow has f**ked us about a few times, that's all I was saying.

The point I was making it's hardly surprising if some supporters aren't overjoyed at his arrival.

He certainly won't be any worse than Wylde or Reilly so will improve the squad.

One last point to Kendo... Gow isn't a past or present "legend" so yes what he is paid to do, play football to the best of his ability.

Wow chill out lads...

Alan Gow has f**ked us about a few times, that's all I was saying.

The point I was making it's hardly surprising if some supporters aren't overjoyed at his arrival.

Yes and if they are not overjoyed because they don't rate him then that's reasonable.

Being not overjoyed because he chose another club over us starts to make those fans sound like needy whiny schoolkids who can't handle their mate having other friends.

You can say "at least give him a chance" all you like;

The fact is that Alan Gow is a complete waster and I expect that to continue during his time with us.

I'll get behind him tomorrow, like any other player in a black and white kit but I am absolutely adamant he'll be another dud.

You can say "at least give him a chance" all you like;

The fact is that Alan Gow is a complete waster and I expect that to continue during his time with us.

I'll get behind him tomorrow, like any other player in a black and white kit but I am absolutely adamant he'll be another dud.

He's Derek Riordan Lite.

On the one hand, he has/had talent, but never adequately realised it (albeit not as good a player as Riordan who should have been a Scotland regular).

On the other, he didn't f**k up in such spectacular style as Riordan. He just believed his own hype, and appeared to disappear up his own arse.

I'm unmoved either way. I won't be blaming Gary Teale or Alan Gow if and when we go down. Culpability in that respect lies squarely at the door of the boardroom and with Tommy f**king Craig.

Yes and if they are not overjoyed because they don't rate him then that's reasonable.

Being not overjoyed because he chose another club over us starts to make those fans sound like needy whiny schoolkids who can't handle their mate having other friends.

What about if they don't rate him and he f**ked us about before? Is that reasonable?

We have signed players that have f**ked us. At least he didn't take a wage for nothing.

Very true when you look at it like that.

I don't actually care the fact we signed him, I just replied to a post in the fact that I don't think if he's a success u can ram it down certain people's throats.

I hope he does well, obviously.

Alan Gow is one of these players who not a striker, not a central midfielder and not a winger. For most of his career he has struggled for a regular game as team formations did not warrant a player with his talents.

With the advent of the 4-2-3-1 formation, suddenly players like Gow are in demand. He's a natural no.10 and the modern formation suits him (and on that note, the modern formation would also have suited Andy Dorman as well...)

Unfortunately for him, its come late in his career. But he's still only 32. He undoubtedly has a lot of talent. And he's proved that he can score and create goals, notably in his spells with Airdrie & Falkirk.

And comparisons with Kenny McLean are a bit unfair. Compare him with Marwood, Caldwell, Ball, Reilly & Wylde and see how good he is.

Looking at the photos of him, he's obviously kept himself trim. And I would presume that he has proved his fitness to Teale. This is his last chance in the game so let's hope he can take it.

Alan Gow is one of these players who not a striker, not a central midfielder and not a winger. For most of his career he has struggled for a regular game as team formations did not warrant a player with his talents.

With the advent of the 4-2-3-1 formation, suddenly players like Gow are in demand. He's a natural no.10 and the modern formation suits him (and on that note, the modern formation would also have suited Andy Dorman as well...)

Unfortunately for him, its come late in his career. But he's still only 32. He undoubtedly has a lot of talent. And he's proved that he can score and create goals, notably in his spells with Airdrie & Falkirk.

And comparisons with Kenny McLean are a bit unfair. Compare him with Marwood, Caldwell, Ball, Reilly & Wylde and see how good he is.

Looking at the photos of him, he's obviously kept himself trim. And I would presume that he has proved his fitness to Teale. This is his last chance in the game so let's hope he can take it.

A bit like that Dundee player Harkins, you mean? ;)

I assume you are having a laugh or at the wind up lol.gif

Airdrie was in 2002 and Falkirk 2005. Since leaving Falkirk in 2007 he's had TEN clubs ( St Mirren will be 11th) and apart from some minor success in the 4th tier of English football (14 goals in 2 season not exactly brilliant) with Exeter has done absolutely nothing.

Our signing policy in the last 5-6 seasons is nothing short of a disgrace and is why our luck is about to run out and we will be playing in the championship next season. He's here because no one else would touch him, not even Hamilton.

Are we going for a world record for the most amount of mistakes a football club can make in one season? We will be relegated and deserve to be. Even more depressing when the standard of teams in the SPL is at an all time low.