Kieran Sadlier

stormtrooper

Well that's GT done reasonably well for attack minded players during the transfer window , Dayton and Arquin have a decent amount of experience , and Sonupe and Sadlier are both players who have a bit of potential .

Now can we have a no nonsense centre half and a tough tackling midfielder.

Hopefully a find and well done Gary. It would be good to see us back our judgement and show some real commitment to these guys by offering longer contracts. If this young player is any good he will be poached by Motherwell or Aberdeen at the next window for hee haw. If our game plan is to develop and sell talented players for profit we need to get the contracts right.

Hopefully a find and well done Gary. It would be good to see us back our judgement and show some real commitment to these guys by offering longer contracts. If this young player is any good he will be poached by Motherwell or Aberdeen at the next window for hee haw. If our game plan is to develop and sell talented players for profit we need to get the contracts right.

We can't offer long contracts: our recent transfers/gambles have all been gash, and we might be getting relegated.

Mallan was the obvious, deserving exception.

We can't offer long contracts: our recent transfers/gambles have all been gash, and we might be getting relegated.

Mallan was the obvious, deserving exception.

I00% agree but surely we have to change that by getting in good scouts and a manager that can spot a player? Marwood looked lightweight from the first game against Morton - we must be able to do better than that.

Imagine if we'd gave Caldwell and Marwood long contracts? They'd still be here now!

The last long contract we gave to a new signing was Dougie Imrie... *shudder*.

Spot on TC every signing is a gamble.

If he's a star then the shout will be why such a short contract, however if he's another Marwood, Caldwell, Wylde, Ball, Imrie, Bahokie etc etc then we can offload in the summer.

I like the fact that he is young and should be eager to impress.

Spot on TC every signing is a gamble.

If he's a star then the shout will be why such a short contract, however if he's another Marwood, Caldwell, Wylde, Ball, Imrie, Bahokie etc etc then we can offload in the summer.

I like the fact that he is young and should be eager to impress.

Like Kenny.

People need to remember, our first-choice XI is good enough to stay up

Do you really believe that? I have only seen the games on BT Sport this season but, a spirited performance against Dundee Utd notwithstanding, I haven't seen anything to make me think that. Even against Utd, we only highlighted our key flaws - can't score when on top, can always concede terrible goals...

Do you really believe that? I have only seen the games on BT Sport this season but, a spirited performance against Dundee Utd notwithstanding, I haven't seen anything to make me think that. Even against Utd, we only highlighted our key flaws - can't score when on top, can always concede terrible goals...

I actually do, but I do mean our fully fit first xi. We've laboured without Ozzy and Thommo for far too long this season. We've been incredibly lucky with injuries in recent seasons and our luck has reversed in shocking fashion this year.

I do believe that, with a decent manager, and fully fit, we're good enough to survive.

I actually do, but I do mean our fully fit first xi. We've laboured without Ozzy and Thommo for far too long this season. We've been incredibly lucky with injuries in recent seasons and our luck has reversed in shocking fashion this year.

I do believe that, with a decent manager, and fully fit, we're good enough to survive.

I admire your optimism! We've clearly been over reliant on Thompson since he joined, and that was inevitably going to come back to bite us eventually through age, injury or both. I'm not sure if we can really miss Osbourne given he's hardly played. We certainly do miss a decent centre back or two - how long since we last signed one of those? I think McAusland would be a better player if he had a decent player to learn from alongside him. Likewise, Goodwin could do a fairly decent job at centre back with a reliable centre back beside him. Together, it's just not a reliable defence.

I admire your optimism! We've clearly been over reliant on Thompson since he joined, and that was inevitably going to come back to bite us eventually through age, injury or both. I'm not sure if we can really miss Osbourne given he's hardly played. We certainly do miss a decent centre back or two - how long since we last signed one of those? I think McAusland would be a better player if he had a decent player to learn from alongside him. Likewise, Goodwin could do a fairly decent job at centre back with a reliable centre back beside him. Together, it's just not a reliable defence.

Both have been fantastic in recent weeks. I think it's a matter of confidence for both, and hopefully, if everyone supports them and confidence between the two is high, then they could very well be a reliable partnership for us.