Gary Upsets Referees

mjb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31134866

Up in front of SFA for post Dundee comments.

Good for Gary. Danny and Tommy were far too passive. Managers of other "bigger"

clubs get away with this all the time, and use it to their advantage.

Take a baseball bat in with you and give them a good slap.

This should be an easy case for the defence (no obvious comments please!).

First time offence, he apologised to the ref, he'd seen red cards in two recent games overturned and his frustration got the better of him, my client is extremely sorry and has learned a harsh lesson through his unnecessary criticism of the ref, oh and get it right up ye, you're match officials have been a shambles this season.

Edited by Edinbuddie

The disciplinary is for suggesting match officials were bias and or incompetent , I'd say thatGary was being very observant by suggesting such . The player got a red the week before , which was overturned and then receives another which is questionable , it is only natural for someone with a bit of passion about them to think and say what he said. .

This should be an easy case for the defence (no obvious comments please!).

First time offence, he apologised to the ref, he'd seen red cards in two recent games overturned and his frustration got the better of him, my client is extremely sorry and has learned a harsh lesson through his unnecessary criticism of the ref, oh and get it right up ye, you're match officials have been a shambles this season.

He should also point out that on that very day a Hamilton Accies player did a truly outrageous dive, then jumped up and screamed at the ref - no yellow card; whereas even with TV evidence it's very hard to prove Arquin's intent - especially when normally referees need to be doubly sure when awarding a second yellow.

Well, actually, that's what he should say, but in reality what he needs to say is just "Sorry sorry sorry! I was 100% wrong, and you were 100% right, and I'll never do it again."

Edited by Bobby_F

I still think the best line of defence for Gary Teale is for the club to ask for the complete footage of the games against Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Dundee and to go to the meeting with clips of the major talking points from those games and ask why O'Brien was still on the park before his incident with Thompson in the 18th minute, and highlighting the Kenny McLean goal which wasn't given and the wrong offside when Tesselaar's goal was chalked off you have a referee who was giving the benefit of the doubt in the tight calls and big decisions to one team only and there was no balance. At the very least if O'Brien hadn't been booked or sent off for his earlier challenges on Thommo he clearly takes him out in the 18th minute and again gets away unpunished and without being spoken to!

The Kilmarnock game is another example of a referee more or less accounting for the final result via a series of wrong decisions! Genuine penalty claims were overlooked, there was widespread agreement in the media that all 3 goals came from wrongly awarded penalties and McLean's red card for his non-existent head butt was overturned on appeal.

In the Dundee game I think all that needs to be said is Teale has apologised to McLean about the offside call and that most commentators thought the goal was offside until the footage was slowed down and freeze framed. I really think we should be asking why Arquin got a second yellow for a dive when Gillespie of Hamilton Accies was a much clearer example of cheating and wasn't spoken to while Arquin's seems debatable and was the only example that weekend of a player going down in the box being booked out of 4 or 5 similar penalty claims in the SPL that weekend. Dundee was also one of the clearest examples of a referee showing no balance during the game, all the tight controversial big decisions went Dundee's way for the whole game... McLean was bound by the law of averages to get some of them right if he always awarded things in Dundee's favour.

It may also do no harm to ask why Gillespie of Hamilton was cited later for his dive, or why Armstrong's knee high llunge on Imrie escaped a booking or a citing, and to ask why Scott Brown was spotted kicking Andreu off the ball by the referee but only got a quiet word in his ear, or why Harkins lunge at Tesselaar escaped a booking while Arquin got a yellow for his first foul of the game in the same match.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I dunno that 'whataboutery' would be heeded.

The SFA have much more important things to be ignoring currently. This is just displacement activity from them - "See! We do something!"

Teale will get a rebuke, maybe a wee fine... a day spent in the Stands. The SFA won't do reality.

And the member clubs don't seem to care... :(

Teale will be punished for questioning the integrity of the officials and not their ability.

The quality of referees at the moment is appalling.

I see Brian Colvin (Arquins first sending off) is at the centre of the Livingston v Hearts kick in the face. He thought that tackle only merited a yellow card yet standing on someone's toe merits a straight red.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31294574

The referees incessant interfering with the flow of the game is killing it as a spectator sport.