Kieran Sadlier Signs

Hendo

Bit more about him here.

http://foreverwestham.com/2014/07/blog-topics/interview-west-ham-striker-targets-first-team-place

I think it was written by a wee boy, so it's not the most finely crafted bit of prose, but you do at least get the sense he's come from a well-drilled academy (Sadlier, not the author of the blog.)

For many of us, summer is a time for relaxing, watching the World Cup and having time off work or school. However, for one aspiring star it has been a whole lot different. Kieran Sadlier, West Ham’s Republic of Ireland U21 international, is determined to improve on his already impressive young professional career.

He joined West Ham at the age of 11 from Cambridge United. Since then, he has progressed through the youth team and signed his first professional contract a year ago. During that time he has had the call up to the Republic of Ireland national team and has been involved in all age groups internationally from the age of fifteen. Despite suffering inflammation on the shinbone (an injury caused by too much exercise), that had him out for three months earlier this year, he still managed to earn his debut for Rep of Ireland U21’s against Qatar’s U23 Olympic squad. Kieran hopes that the very positive feedback given by coach Noel King will secure him a spot in the squad for the upcoming U21’s European Championship match against Germany in September.

Frustratingly, the injury interrupted a quality season that saw him cement a place in the starting line-up for the West Ham U21’s. He managed to put in some excellent performances and also bagged a few goals to top it off. With regard to his setback he still maintains a positive attitude, “despite last years injury it was a good year for me as I learnt a lot, not least to cope with long periods out, not being able to train and to take my time in coming back properly from injury”.

His positive attitude doesn’t just end there, talking about his goals for next season he targets first team football for West Ham: “hearing in the press the need for more youngsters motivates me to be the very best I can and of course I aspire to the first team”. It’s also refreshing to see he is realistic about what it takes to reach that goal, “being a young player all I can do is work as hard as possible. I’m aware I have the ability to make it, but that won’t happen without going the extra mile in order to achieve it”.

Going that extra mile has involved enrolling himself in the programme at the Michael Johnson Performance Centre at St. George’s Park, Burton on individual parts of his game that he feels need improving. Living at the park for two weeks he has concentrated on improving fitness levels and increasing strength. During the second week he was coached by Olympic Champion Michael Johnson himself, focusing particularly on sprinting and acceleration.

Speaking about the experience Sadlier says: “I have absolutely loved it! I am being coached by top coaches including an Olympic gold medalist who works with some of the best athletes in the world, I am living and breathing fitness. The facilities here at St. George’s Park are the best I’ve ever seen in the UK with every type of technical and sporting equipment you could imagine, all focusing on improving my performance so when I go back to West Ham I’m ready to push on early”.

Sadlier has returned to West Ham for pre-season and feels ready for the challenges that lay ahead, “my personal goal is first and foremost to earn a new contract, to do that I need to keep working hard on the pitch, in training and in games, and to continue scoring goals and getting assists”. Over the last year Kieran has developed physically and is noticeably more powerful and stronger which has helped him on the defending and tracking back side of his game.

Although eager to impress he is willing to be patient, “I don’t have an opinion on what is the best way for me to advance, some push on straight to the first team, others go out on loan, I leave those decisions to my coaches at West Ham and they have always been spot on with regards to my development. Hopefully my hard work over the summer will pay off and I will catch the first teams coaching staff and managers attention”.

Watching Kieran play leaves you in no doubt of his ability, but the thing that is most impressive is how he comes across when talking to him. His self-belief and determination is clear. There are many things that can stop a player having a successful career, for Sadlier it won’t be lack of hard work.

Fingers crossed he can do a turn for us. Crossing fingers and hoping may be all we have...

Edited by Magic Monkey

Being reported he has signed to the end of the season, welcome to the club Kieran.

Can we now have a centre half please?

Looks like Teale thinks we don't need one. Tesselaar and Naismith can both cover in that area should there be an injury or suspension. I'd like to see bring someone in even if it's just for cover.

See he's got the number 10 jersey. Hopefully he's an improvement on our last #10 (Marwood). Can't be any worse anyway.

Welcome aboard young man!

I suppose we'll soon find out if Gary Teale has a better eye for a player than Tommy Craig did. The fact that he's playing Mallan and McLear on a regular basis suggests he has, and also has the guts to play young players rather than mollycoddle them.

Bit more about him here.

http://foreverwestham.com/2014/07/blog-topics/interview-west-ham-striker-targets-first-team-place

I think it was written by a wee boy, so it's not the most finely crafted bit of prose, but you do at least get the sense he's come from a well-drilled academy (Sadlier, not the author of the blog.)

Fingers crossed he can do a turn for us. Crossing fingers and hoping may be all we have...

It's streets ahead of most of the posts that appear on here.

Anyway, let's hope Kieran does the business for us.

I suppose we'll soon find out if Gary Teale has a better eye for a player than Tommy Craig did. The fact that he's playing Mallan and McLear on a regular basis suggests he has, and also has the guts to play young players rather than mollycoddle them.

to be fair Tommy gave Mallan his debut.

Kieran seems to be regarded high enough by some reports from the dev squad and reserves . You dont make it to a team like West Ham without showing some sort of promise and potential.

The boy was so eager to come here he negotiated his release. That already excites me, that the boy is showing a real desire to play for us.

Good luck Kieran

Edited by kevo_smfc

What's the correct pronunciation?

SAD LEE ERR

SAD LEE AY

SAD LI ERR

SAD LI AY

It's important if the boy is going to get a good song whistling.gif

Well, he was born in 'aywards 'eath, and was developed by West 'am, so I very much doubt that he'll be able to roll his RRRRRs. Thus 1 and 3 won't work.

Sad luh? :unsure:

What's the correct pronunciation?

SAD LEE ERR

SAD LEE AY

SAD LI ERR

SAD LI AY

It's important if the boy is going to get a good song whistling.gif

DERAILS? REDIALS?

ETA.

Doesn't bode well with anagrams appearing negative.

Booooo!!!!!!!

Kieran oot!lol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Bit more about him here.

My son wrote that article. We have seen Kieran play loads of times as he progressed through the ranks and out of all the players that have been released he is the one we are most gutted about.

It isn't just his ability but it is his hard work and attitude that set him apart in my opinion. Hopefully he will be given the opportunity by Teale to progress further and get the regular first team action that he has been craving.

Sadly youngsters aren't getting a look in for the West Ham first team and that has a lot to do with the attitude of the manager who is not one for trying new things, he is safety first... and safety second, so don't take the fact that Kieran didn't make the first team as a negative. He trained with them regularly and they were all surprised that he was allowed to leave.

Another massive positive (I'm sure you'll agree) is that his moving to St Mirren is that you now have two new followers in my son and we hope to come up and see his home debut against ICT where we hope to see him prove us right and Fat Sam wrong.