Kieran Sadlier Signs

Hendo

My son wrote that article. We have seen Kieran play loads of times as he progressed through the ranks and out of all the players that have been released he is the one we are most gutted about.

It isn't just his ability but it is his hard work and attitude that set him apart in my opinion. Hopefully he will be given the opportunity by Teale to progress further and get the regular first team action that he has been craving.

Sadly youngsters aren't getting a look in for the West Ham first team and that has a lot to do with the attitude of the manager who is not one for trying new things, he is safety first... and safety second, so don't take the fact that Kieran didn't make the first team as a negative. He trained with them regularly and they were all surprised that he was allowed to leave.

Another massive positive (I'm sure you'll agree) is that his moving to St Mirren is that you now have two new followers in my son and we hope to come up and see his home debut against ICT where we hope to see him prove us right and Fat Sam wrong.

You and your son are unusual on this forum in that you know what you are talking about :)

Kieran played the second half yesterday and looked a class act even if not fully fit. Certainly in the 'better than what we have' category for signings. Looking forward to seeing more of this guy in the run-in.

Drew. I understood from a good source at the tine that we actually paid 100,000 Euros for Aaron.

I doubt we paid any euros. I don't think they use them in Bolton. The talk at the time was they were due development fees and we negotiated it to around 50 grand. Still a waste of 50 grand mind you.

I doubt we paid any euros. I don't think they use them in Bolton. The talk at the time was they were due development fees and we negotiated it to around 50 grand. Still a waste of 50 grand mind you.

It's a pitty we never kept him, I watch him every week and he's turned into a very good centre midfielder, but that may be down to him playing in the A league. But I think he would have been good to keep hold of

Edited by ronaldo

It's a pitty we never kept him, I watch him every week and he's turned into a very good centre midfielder, but that may be down to him playing in the A league. But I think he would have been good to keep hold of

The standard isn't great there. And, as its played in the summer, the pace of the game is extremely slow which probably suits Aaron.

It was worth every penny for that Christmas present he gave us.

• 6 years later...
7 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I think he is one we could have done with holding on to, which manager punted him?

Self inflicted.

wiki had the answer.

Sadlier decided that he wanted to be playing back in England to be nearer to his family and left the club at the end of his contract, despite the St Mirren manager Ian Murray inviting him back for pre-season training.[7]