Watch Callum Canter To Df's?

(Double figures)

Will the introduction of true wingers allow Ball to bang them in with regularity?

I still believe he has the potential to score goals at this level. Does this mean I should believe in the easter bunny and Santa Clause/

If this were the case and IF GT thought so it would leave room for the big F*ckoff CH all outside the inner circle of Greenhill Road seem to think we need.

Edited by stlucifer

I do not see the potential that others see. Often when the ball has come to him in the box he panics and sclaffs it or misses it completely. He seems very slow to react to situations. I have seen no indication he is a predator. He is not very good and heading it or getting away a shot. His holding a ball up is ok and tackling is average but closing down is pretty poor. I just do not see what he can bring to the team. Maybe I am wrong but I have not see anything to the contrary.

The first Partick away game he came on and looked really good, scored a good goal and pretty much turned the game in our favour. But apart from that he has shown nothing. I wonder whether Teale sees potential in him in training or if he was only kept on when Marwood and Caldwell were let go because we have such a lack of strikers.

The first Partick away game he came on and looked really good, scored a good goal and pretty much turned the game in our favour. But apart from that he has shown nothing. I wonder whether Teale sees potential in him in training or if he was only kept on when Marwood and Caldwell were let go because we have such a lack of strikers.

I think it's a bit of both, he probably thinks he has something more about him than Marwood and Caldwell did.

I'm far from convinced that Arquin is any better at finishing with his feet than Ball. I would agree he's much more dangerous from headers.

Possibly not but he's got far more pace and chases down a lot more than ball can which in turn takes the pressure off our weak defence and also leads to chances if he wins the ball back. Ball is like a Kris Boyd type who walks about albeit a poor mans version

Edited by Big Yards

I very boldly predicted at the start of the season that he'd hit double figures. Sadly I just can't see it now as I think he'll be well down the pecking order.

I do still believe there's a player in there somewhere - not every player hits it off in their first season. He strikes me as the type who would do well in Scotland. But there is no excuse for not being fit and sharp after six months at a club without injury.

Would love to see him come good. I still think we might start to play two up front, and he could be one of them - he certainly doesn't have the mobility to play up on his own. Let's see how it goes.

But the point of this thread is that with our new wingers the strikers will now hopefully be getting more chances. With those chances coming id rather Thompson and arquin were on the end of them

With new wingers, why shouldn't he equally get the chance.

Don't know about anybody else but I am feeling pretty confident on our new signings, I am not going to dismiss Kenny but can we at least admit that he should have passed the ball rather than shooting, usually hitting bar. Arquin would have had a tap in against County, Kenny 3 times had a chance to pass against Utd. I know he is a class act but forwards breed off confidence, Arquin needs a goal then we will see how good he is. But with a good midfield we will continue to have chances. I do feel for Ball, across the city in the sewer called Sevco they had Miller and Boyd who lets face it are crud, but that's now, the boy Stewart at Dundee cant stop scoring same for Andru before he went to Norwich. Ball , Arquin, Thommo, I bet all three fire them away in training.

If you had a choice between ball and Thompson you'd pick Ball?

Will Thommo be fit all of the time?

I can't speak for pod but I would certainly give both Arquinn and Ball a fair crack of the whip with any new formation which allows both to be where a big No. 9 should be.

(Double figures)

Will the introduction of true wingers allow Ball to bang them in with regularity?

I still believe he has the potential to score goals at this level. Does this mean I should believe in the easter bunny and Santa Clause/

If this were the case and IF GT thought so it would leave room for the big F*ckoff CH all outside the inner circle of Greenhill Road seem to think we need.

Are you absolutely steamin'?