Watch Callum Canter To Df's?

Big Thommo said to one of my pals at the last home game it will be him and Arquin up front. Didn't think at the time, just assumed Kenny would be moved back into midfield.

Think everyone within the club must have knew Kenny was leaving :(.

As for Ball, he hasn't shown enough imo. Its tough for young players to come into this team especially up front with the service being poor but when he has had chances he hasn't had the composure. He can't win headers and can't hold the ball up, he doesn't have threatening movement either ( like Arquin ).

Maybe worth the risk going by his pre-season form but it hasn't paid off.

Big Thommo said to one of my pals at the last home game it will be him and Arquin up front. Didn't think at the time, just assumed Kenny would be moved back into midfield.

Think everyone within the club must have knew Kenny was leaving sad.png.

As for Ball, he hasn't shown enough imo. Its tough for young players to come into this team especially up front with the service being poor but when he has had chances he hasn't had the composure. He can't win headers and can't hold the ball up, he doesn't have threatening movement either like Arquin.

Maybe worth the risk going by his pre-season form but it hasn't paid off.

What ,the one that keeps catching him offside.whistling.gif

Edited by pod

So was Yardley but it didn't stop him from scoring.(goals)

Indeed, but it hasn't stopped Ball looking like anything but a pub league player.

I was all for giving him time to get into shape, or time to prove he could be a hit for us despite his obvious weight & mobility issues, but he's been shocking.

Can't see that changing unfortunately.

Watch The Bubble Didnae Burst, that player just isn't in Ball. There's no presence, very poor in the air, doesn't hold the ball up and is rarely in the mixer.

Spot on. Yardley - despite his size - could turn on a sixpence. I saw that happen. He had terrific close control, and could put the ball in the net for fun.

Ball isn't in the same league.

Watch The Bubble Didnae Burs, making runs out wide to collect the ball and such like.t, that player just isn't in Ball. There's no presence, very poor in the air, doesn't hold the ball up and is rarely in the mixer.

Ball isn't in the same team though. I'm not saying he WILL succeed. I'm saying, Don't throw the baby out with the cold bathwater. He's with us. He isn't going anywhere so, give him a chance with any new formation which doesn't depend on him being the lynchpin up front.

I will admit defeat if this doesn't improve him and I'm sure the doubters will come on here apologising if he does the biz.

What excuse does this waster have for still being so out of shape?

I'm not sure why anyone is talking about letting this guy on the pitch. He should be sacked and quite possibly have legal action taken against him to recoup the wages paid thus far.

Kemp Posted today 11:13

I'm not sure why anyone is talking about letting this guy on the pitch. He should be sacked and quite possibly have legal action taken against him to recoup the wages paid thus far.

......................... it could of course be genetic, as it was with Big Yards whistling.gif

I agree with an Soctty that Yards had an ability to turn and score goals, he obviously would have been fantastic and probably out of our league if he had been genetically 'smaller boned' and lithe, but he wasn't and we got the benefit of that. He had a very good footballing brain and knew where to be and how to react, even given his size and weight. clap2.gif

If we stay up I would get rid. If we go down then I think he would easily hit double figures in the first, so would be inclined to keep him.

Sell that one to him.

"Right Callum. We need you to help us remain in this division so we can fire you."

"O.K. Boss. I'm up for that. Now where do I sign to buy that London bridge?"

He has lost weight but he seems to got worse the thinner he has become

I really think we're giving too little blame for the role Ball was asked to play. Try playing him in his natural position with wide players that can put the ball in the box and then judge him. Teale seems to be getting the whole squad fitter so treat Ball as a new player. A clean slate.

I really think we're giving too little blame for the role Ball was asked to play. Try playing him in his natural position with wide players that can put the ball in the box and then judge him. Teale seems to be getting the whole squad fitter so treat Ball as a new player. A clean slate.

I could have swore he was asked to play up front, which involves winning what comes near you, holding the ball up and hitting the target. He did setup McLean for the penalty incident at Dundee though so I'm not totally against him. He's no pace, so he needs to be stronger when challenging for headers.

I could have swore he was asked to play up front, which involves winning what comes near you, holding the ball up and hitting the target. He did setup McLean for the penalty incident at Dundee though so I'm not totally against him. He's no pace, so he needs to be stronger when challenging for headers.

The boy needs a confidence injection. Hope he finds it soon.

He was constantly finding himself having to chase wide to get the ball because we played narrow. Some of the crosses he put in were ideal for,.... well,... him.