This Snp Candidate Just Oozes Class

Stuart Dickson

A decent candidate and SNP would have romped it but is this Lassie decent?She's already lost the majority of Sellic fans and I can't see the elderly voter voting for a wee girl to represent them.A classic own goal by SNP.

I will have to have a rethink about my own vote as this girl just doesn't inspire me,I'll probably end up putting in a spoiled paper.

Edited by HSS

If the SNP do well in the General Election it will ensure that David Cameron is returned to 10 Downing Street and the Conservatives will hang on to power. They may need to form a coalition with parties like UKIP, SNP, and the Lib Dems to do so but they will still be in Government. However there is little doubt that the worst thing that could happen to Scotland is for it to be represented by a gaggle of no mark separatists, especially separatists that will be so easily led by the party leadership.

I'll be voting Conservative. No-one has done more to boost the Scottish economy over the last 50 years and all the evidence over the sequence of Westminster Governments since I was born is that the UK is run best by a Conservative Prime Minister.

A decent candidate and SNP would have romped it but is this Lassie decent?She's already lost the majority of Sellic fans and I can't see the elderly voter voting for a wee girl to represent them.A classic own goal by SNP.

I will have to have a rethink about my own vote as this girl just doesn't inspire me,I'll probably end up putting in a spoiled paper.

I agree, I'd be uncomfortable voting for any candidate of Black's age. Much as I'd like to see Alexander lose, I think he'll retain the seat due to the SNP's candidate choice. Although, I've said much MUCH worse things about Celtic myself.

Why bother?

All spoiled papers do is give those at the count a headache trying to figure out if you meant to vote for one or another of the candidates. From memory spoiled ballot papers have to be checked a minimum of three times.

Why bother?

All spoiled papers do is give those at the count a headache trying to figure out if you meant to vote for one or another of the candidates. From memory spoiled ballot papers have to be checked a minimum of three times.

Because if I don't I'm just a statistic of those who couldn't be bothered voting.I want to vote but there's not a candidate I feel is worthy of my X.

There's no difference in Scotland between voting Tory and spoiling your paper.

They may need to form a coalition with parties like UKIP, SNP, and the Lib Dems to do so but they will still be in Government.

So they're irrelevant BUT needed to form a coalition. Despite being on record as saying they will never do so.

At least you're consistent. You continuously trip yourself up....

Guest TPAFKATS

Its all getting a wee bit ageist with regards to Ms Mhairi Black. What life / work experience do the other candidates have? What qualities did duggie have when he first stood for election?

I'll make a decision on who to vote for based on what they have to say and what the parties they represent are proposing.

Having said that, I can exclusively reveal that it wont be the current MP wink.png

Its all getting a wee bit ageist with regards to Ms Mhairi Black. What life / work experience do the other candidates have? What qualities did duggie have when he first stood for election?

I'll make a decision on who to vote for based on what they have to say and what the parties they represent are proposing.

Having said that, I can exclusively reveal that it wont be the current MP wink.png

To be fair, Douglas was nearly 30 when he was first elected, and there is a massive difference in life experience being 30 than being 20. In fact prior to first being elected he had two degrees, one politics related and the other in law, and briefly worked as a solicitor. He had also worked behind the political scenes in a number of roles.

I know him, and he is an extremely hard working man. You can disagree with his politics, such is the nature of the job, but you can't question his work ethic.

Guest TPAFKATS

To be fair, Douglas was nearly 30 when he was first elected, and there is a massive difference in life experience being 30 than being 20. In fact prior to first being elected he had two degrees, one politics related and the other in law, and briefly worked as a solicitor. He had also worked behind the political scenes in a number of roles.

I know him, and he is an extremely hard working man. You can disagree with his politics, such is the nature of the job, but you can't question his work ethic.

I wasn't questioning his work ethic, I was asking what life experience and qualities he brought to the role.

By your info it would appear to be approx 10 years out of school spent doing 2 uni degrees, brief time as a lawyer and he worked his way through the labour party machine.

I'm not judging him nor am I judging the other candidates on their life experience or work ethics. At least not until I can do it equally

I wasn't questioning his work ethic, I was asking what life experience and qualities he brought to the role.

By your info it would appear to be approx 10 years out of school spent doing 2 uni degrees, brief time as a lawyer and he worked his way through the labour party machine.

I'm not judging him nor am I judging the other candidates on their life experience or work ethics. At least not until I can do it equally

Exactly. He had essentially the same life experience of a 22 year old.

Most of his adult life had been spent at uni.

The day I see a sensible post on here is the day I leave here.

See ya!

:)

So they're irrelevant BUT needed to form a coalition. Despite being on record as saying they will never do so.

At least you're consistent. You continuously trip yourself up....

Could you not tell that my post wasn't a sensible one. If it was, I would have been kicking myself off the forum. I might be daft but I'm not stupid. And just so you know, this wasn't a sensible post either. Feckin madman. iamwithstupid.gif (Yes, that smiley means that I am alone.)

I did get it, i just thought it was worth posting solely to repeat the comment aimed at StuD.

:)

smile.png

Wonderful.

People who live in Ivory Towers not casting the first stone.

Nothing to do with Ivory Towers.

It's not unreasonable to want the people responsible for solving the most difficult social and political problems in our country, to have had a large chunk of life experience outside university.

It surprises me that you should need this explained to you.

Edited by oaksoft