Old Football Grounds

HSS

On 1/10/2022 at 9:58 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Workington v carlisle preseason matches always a bit tasty, still a lot of ill feeling from the 70s as carlisle abstained from voting when it came to voting Workington out of the league, which helped put them out to be replaced by Wimbledon.

Carlisle was my 1st away game with Newcastle in the old 2nd division in 1982. In the Pettrill end behind the goal. We lost 2-0 in front of a bumper 16000 crowd and the fans around me were seething with the Newcastle non performance, Me? I didn't care TBH. Was just so thrilled to be at an actual away game as a young lad. Always want them to do well but we don't get the warmest of welcomes whenever we go in friendlies. 

On 1/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, eastlandssaint said:

Went to Accrington v Bradford (friendly) last summer. Asked in the club shop where I could buy a ticket and the fans liaison officer happened to be at the counter. Took me in for a look at the ground etc pre match and told me a bit about the club. Really hospitable. Had previously missed opportunities to get there when Saints and Newcastle had played there.

Edited by john scott

21 hours ago, john scott said:

Carlisle was my 1st away game with Newcastle in the old 2nd division in 1982. In the Pettrill end behind the goal. We lost 2-0 in front of a bumper 16000 crowd and the fans around me were seething with the Newcastle non performance, Me? I didn't care TBH. Was just so thrilled to be at an actual away game as a young lad. Always want them to do well but we don't get the warmest of welcomes whenever we go in friendlies. 

Best preseason matches were they two carlisle v saints ones. Both times me and Mrs CS went, sat in CBS stand(pitchside) in line with halfway line with me on the 'away side of it and her 'home' side.

First one she was more interested in the carlisle keeper at the time 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...