We Are Unfortunately A Joke Club

donport

Sorry ,...to sell our best player to another Scottish club shows our real lack of ambition.

Looking at the stats today we are still very much a crap outfit !....we are now a good

way below teams historically that were below us !

I know we will get the usual stuff on here oh! we are saints for life but sorry it works both ways the board should be , however as much as I admire what the board have done to save the club and we have the great set up that we enjoy!( better than Aberdeen at this time ) it's very disappointing we are here today total joke ! Can someone from the bard give us an update on where the see us in the future please after they get there deal ?

Rabbie Burns would struggle to come up with some wine induced superlatives.

I'll leave it to same old , same old , song and dance routine , yet again.

We revel in our own ineptitudes, we drown in our own inertia.

Nowt else , except , worryingly, there is NO surprise around our plight

we are not bottom, or 11th. Our run of good form and good luck is still to come, Motherwell and Ross County have had theirs and they are below us.

Dundee Utd sold their best to players to a direct rival.

Not enjoying this truly awful season one little bit but we are no more a joke club that Motherwell or Ross County and I do think we can turn it around and finish 10th or even 9th!

Edited by farmer john

We might be shite and the club seems rudderless. But I'm proud to be a buddie no matter what. Have been round the clock with Saints and seen many a dark day. One day we will bounce back always do. Until then it will be pain unfortunately

But you are going to desert the club if the Argentinians take over.

Totally agree. Sack a manager give his assistant the job but don't bring in a new full time assistant must be a 50k saving there? , buy young players cast off from other diddy teams, sack diddly manager then give his coach the job? Again a money saving bargain. Promote youth coach to assistant manager and have him do two jobs? Let your one and only player go during the January window for 270k to a team in your league knowing full well we desperately needed him to have half a chance. The hole club is geared up for relegation and to be fair we totally deserve it. The club stinks at present and although I don't ask for top six or great flair I do expect st.mirren fc to compete with Hamilton, Inverness, st.johnstone, killie, Dundee as well as county's and well and maybe even united. It isn't funny anymore we can't win at home and it's really embarrassing now. Sadly people will not admit it because they're saints fans and don't want to but our team has become a shambles and one that will be playing in front of 1500 next year against Alloa and Cowdenbeath

Edited by norrie82

We are not a joke we are a team going through a difficult period and our current standing puts us as the tenth best team in Scotland. If we are a joke what does this mean to every other club in Scotland apart from the 9 above us?

People need to get a grip of reality.

We are not a joke we are a team going through a difficult period and our current standing puts us as the tenth best team in Scotland. If we are a joke what does this mean to every other club in Scotland apart from the 9 above us?

A difficult period which was entirely self inflicted by our glorious BoD, and also entirely avoidable.

That for me, is the joke.

A difficult period which was entirely self inflicted by our glorious BoD, and also entirely avoidable.

That for me, is the joke.

We are still above the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Motherwell etc etc.

The jokes on them and all the others below us cause there are only 9 above us.

We are still above the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Motherwell etc etc.

The jokes on them and all the others below us cause there are only 9 above us.

Sorry, but that doesn't make the treatment of Lennon, the appointment of Craig, the mess of the club sale, the sale of McLean or our current form okay.

I wouldn't go as far as to agree with the thread title, though for what it's worth I do feel more disenfranchised with the club than ever before.

I was firmly in the camp who confessed to being mystified by the appointment of Tommy Craig, and as stated at the time my main concern was the Chairman telling us that he had the right man for the job. This despite not advertising or interviewing for the position. SG maintained this support, at least publicly, even when TC's position had gone beyond untenable.

We had a good debate on here when TC signed Ball, Marwood and Caldwell where a cursory glance at their goal scoring histories screamed to most of us that they would not be a success simply by pulling on a black and white shirt. Unfortunately we got that spectacularly correct.

We have pretty much all been asking for a decent centre half for what seems like ever. How's that going?

Many of us last summer were vocal in needing to replace 36 year old Thommo rather than simply applying blind faith that he would somehow keep going forever. We backed this up with his goals to games stats which had become awful. Thommo's season is going from bad to worse yet we even had some fans supporting the idea he could be accommodated in defense once he hangs up his striking boots. The window saw us bring in Arquin, a guy who scored 2 goals for Ross County in 19 outings. He didn't even score against us when we played them FFS.

Our best player was sold for sweeties. We can debate why all we like, the fact that it happened is an absolute disgrace. £300K, that's farcical.

I was very much for a new manager being brought in when TC was bagged as I considered that we needed someone impartial and experienced to guide us through the tail end of the season. After weeks of silence from the BOD we got Gary Teale installed until May. I don't blame Gary one bit for taking the job, but this is a guy who started coaching last summer, and who had zero management experience. It's hard to accept that as a responsible decision by a BOD.

It's often the little things that tip the balance though. On Saturday at half time everyone I spoke to was of the opinion that the two up front were not working and that Thommo needed the hook - I totally agreed. Instead Arquin busied himself filling the bath and out runs Thommo. Did anyone think that was the right decision by the manager?

Now more than ever we need some steel and grit from Teale, friendships and allegiances need to be set aside. I'd say the same applies to sections of our support who can't let go of the past. Time to call a spade a spade, from all concerned.

Apologies, rant over.

I wouldn't go as far as to agree with the thread title, though for what it's worth I do feel more disenfranchised with the club than ever before.

I was firmly in the camp who confessed to being mystified by the appointment of Tommy Craig, and as stated at the time my main concern was the Chairman telling us that he had the right man for the job. This despite not advertising or interviewing for the position. SG maintained this support, at least publicly, even when TC's position had gone beyond untenable.

We had a good debate on here when TC signed Ball, Marwood and Caldwell where a cursory glance at their goal scoring histories screamed to most of us that they would not be a success simply by pulling on a black and white shirt. Unfortunately we got that spectacularly correct.

We have pretty much all been asking for a decent centre half for what seems like ever. How's that going?

Many of us last summer were vocal in needing to replace 36 year old Thommo rather than simply applying blind faith that he would somehow keep going forever. We backed this up with his goals to games stats which had become awful. Thommo's season is going from bad to worse yet we even had some fans supporting the idea he could be accommodated in defense once he hangs up his striking boots. The window saw us bring in Arquin, a guy who scored 2 goals for Ross County in 19 outings. He didn't even score against us when we played them FFS.

Our best player was sold for sweeties. We can debate why all we like, the fact that it happened is an absolute disgrace. £300K, that's farcical.

I was very much for a new manager being brought in when TC was bagged as I considered that we needed someone impartial and experienced to guide us through the tail end of the season. After weeks of silence from the BOD we got Gary Teale installed until May. I don't blame Gary one bit for taking the job, but this is a guy who started coaching last summer, and who had zero management experience. It's hard to accept that as a responsible decision by a BOD.

It's often the little things that tip the balance though. On Saturday at half time everyone I spoke to was of the opinion that the two up front were not working and that Thommo needed the hook - I totally agreed. Instead Arquin busied himself filling the bath and out runs Thommo. Did anyone think that was the right decision by the manager?

Now more than ever we need some steel and grit from Teale, friendships and allegiances need to be set aside. I'd say the same applies to sections of our support who can't let go of the past. Time to call a spade a spade, from all concerned.

Apologies, rant over.

Absolutely.

Spot.

On.

Sadly....

Apologies, rant over.

Agree with a lot of the above but I think Arquin got hooked for poor attitude as much as anything else. Twice he got stroppy when taking (or not) instruction from the coaching staff.

Agree with a lot of the above but I think Arquin got hooked for poor attitude as much as anything else. Twice he got stroppy when taking (or not) instruction from the coaching staff.

Thommo showed nothing though. His body language seemed to indicate a total lack of interest.

I couldnt bring myself to watch the Alba extended coverage, setting instead for the few minutes on Sportscene.Not remotely surprised at the defeat of course and the meagre crowd attending, in fact surprised it wasnt smaller. The above post concurs with much of my view on whats been happening. I agree that Gary teale probably couldnt turn down the opportunity given him, but his record so far has been shocking. The players signed are duds, not one of them has managed even a full game yet I believe and one has been dismissed twice without even scoring.Its the board who appointed him who are culpable yet again.

As a supporter for decades Ive seen this all before but it doesnt make it any easier to bear as this time it seems to be self inflicted due to dereliction of duty by those in charge. I feel that as long as fans keep turning up nothing will change. Crowds are falling off and no wonder. The longest run in the clubs history without a home league win !! Ironically this at the same time as every match is all-ticket, lol. You couldnt make it up.

Yourself included