We Are Unfortunately A Joke Club

donport

We are a club with a proud history and a place in the hearts of many people the world over. So, in that respect, we are not a joke, but it is this tradition that renders our current status all the more lamentable.

All that said, we have no divine right to be in this division, and if we take the drop, can hardly complain. It has been coming. The current malaise pervading the club hasn't helped, and the BoD have a great deal to answer for, but maybe it is simply the case that it is our turn.

Shame, but life goes on and football is, after all, a comparatively small element of that for most of us.

I still can't help but shake the feeling that the buyout is being delayed by the prospect of relegation.

The board has devalued its own asset with underinvestment in key areas. If we go down and are worth less (or worthless?) as a result, the board will only have its collective self to blame.

I still can't help but shake the feeling that the buyout is being delayed by the prospect of relegation.

The board has devalued its own asset with underinvestment in key areas. If we go down and are worth less (or worthless?) as a result, the board will only have its collective self to blame.

Our best form of defence is attack - We aint got No defence ? punk.gif

We are a club with a proud history and a place in the hearts of many people the world over. So, in that respect, we are not a joke, but it is this tradition that renders our current status all the more lamentable.

All that said, we have no divine right to be in this division, and if we take the drop, can hardly complain. It has been coming. The current malaise pervading the club hasn't helped, and the BoD have a great deal to answer for, but maybe it is simply the case that it is our turn.

Shame, but life goes on and football is, after all, a comparatively small element of that for most of us.

Indeed... arguably Dunfermline is a bigger club than us ans with a better history.

Would any of us swap the last decade with them?

They were mismanaged and overspend whilst we were under wise stewardship at that point.

Both teams got what they deserved.

Yet as you alluded to, we can hardly complain if we end up trading places.

Indeed... arguably Dunfermline is a bigger club than us ans with a better history.

Would any of us swap the last decade with them?

They were mismanaged and overspend whilst we were under wise stewardship at that point.

Both teams got what they deserved.

Yet as you alluded to, we can hardly complain if we end up trading places.

Absolutely agree - if we do go down, it will be deserved. I don't know what it is though, I genuinely do have this awful feeling we are going to meet the Ibrox Impact Globetrotters Franchise in the playoff. I think Hibs are going to blow it. Facing the Sports Direct Works XI in the playoff could be either one of the most satisfying and point-and-laugh glorious result in our history, or something that would be the worst feeling ever. Even worse than Hammarby. Worse than the 2010 LC Final. Worse than this season's strip. Worse than Tony Hart tragically dying this week.

The prospect of facing them actually makes me feel ill even thinking about it. I actually think automatic relegation would be easier to face.

Absolutely agree - if we do go down, it will be deserved. I don't know what it is though, I genuinely do have this awful feeling we are going to meet the Ibrox Impact Globetrotters Franchise in the playoff. I think Hibs are going to blow it. Facing the Sports Direct Works XI in the playoff could be either one of the most satisfying and point-and-laugh glorious result in our history, or something that would be the worst feeling ever. Even worse than Hammarby. Worse than the 2010 LC Final. Worse than this season's strip. Worse than Tony Hart tragically dying this week.

The prospect of facing them actually makes me feel ill even thinking about it. I actually think automatic relegation would be easier to face.

Face those cunts in a play-off and believe me, we will get cheated in a bigger way than we have ever been before. All the dodgy penalties, balls not having crossed the line in semi finals, all of it, will be nothing compared to how we would get shafted if we are what stands between them and a place in the top flight.

A difficult period which was entirely self inflicted by our glorious BoD, and also entirely avoidable.

That for me, is the joke.

This ^^^^

Only to add that our implosion merely disaffects a home support and prompts them into dangerous afternoon drinking sessions these days

All this talk of bringing alcohol back to the game, ffs don't bother me , please

I have been saying for months we will play rangers in the playoff. Think of the pressure there will be to get them back into the top league. Financially our game will benefit and the refs will be favouring them no doubt about it. You could script it now couldn't you. I don't know if I can face the prospect of a playoff to them. Make no mistake it is a game we wouldn't win not a chance. We have been so poorly run this year I actually think the board want to go down. I do not buy some people saying it's our turn to to be relegated. It shouldn't be in the weakest spl top flight in years. Had the board appointed the right man had he signed decent players and managed the team we would not be here nearing the end of the season without a home win. It is f**king ridiculous and our team is a bloody laughing stock. People can defend it all day and they can say we are not a joke but look at us and how we have been ran recently and how many points we have at home? I mean their is poor kids sitting watching this all season and they haven't seen their team win at home ? Some st.mirren fans in fact most will not have been at a game that we have won since may 3rd 2014. I am embarrassed and I am very angry . Everything from the players, board, management to the disgraceful home kit absolutely f**king stink this year. Anyone who says we ain't is lying to themselves

Edited by norrie82

If we do go down I wouldn't want us to come back up until we have a new board whose focus is on making us progress as a club and at least have the ambition of top 6. It would be a waste of time coming back up with this current board at the helm. We'd just hover around the bottom 2 or 3 like we have done since our last promotion.

Don't think we need to worry ourselves about promotion though. Any more cut backs and we'll be lucky to stay out the 3rd division!

I have been saying for months we will play rangers in the playoff. Think of the pressure there will be to get them back into the top league. Financially our game will benefit and the refs will be favouring them no doubt about it. You could script it now couldn't you. I don't know if I can face the prospect of a playoff to them. Make no mistake it is a game we wouldn't win not a chance. We have been so poorly run this year I actually think the board want to go down. I do not buy some people saying it's our turn to to be relegated. It shouldn't be in the weakest spl top flight in years. Had the board appointed the right man had he signed decent players and managed the team we would not be here nearing the end of the season without a home win. It is f**king ridiculous and our team is a bloody laughing stock. People can defend it all day and they can say we are not a joke but look at us and how we have been ran recently and how many points we have at home? I mean their is poor kids sitting watching this all season and they haven't seen their team win at home ? Some st.mirren fans in fact most will not have been at a game that we have won since may 3rd 2014. I am embarrassed and I am very angry . Everything from the players, board, management to the disgraceful home kit absolutely f**king stink this year. Anyone who says we ain't is lying to themselves

No.

Going on current form, you would have to say that it would be Hibs in the playoff final rather than Rangers.

I would fancy our chances against Rangers more than Hibs.

Is there no joy anywhere in your life?

It all kinda makes me feel sorry for Gary Teale. I hope he can keep the boo boys off his back. He has IMO a thankless task at the minute but he will be a fkn hero if he guides us to safety. We have pulled it out the bag somehow every year bar gretna where we were pretty much safe from the get go. One more year of luck is all we need.

I have been saying for every second of every minute of every hour of every day for months that we are shite. Think of the pressure there will be to get them back into the top league. Financially our game will benefit and the refs will be favouring them no doubt about it. You could script it now couldn't you. I don't know if I can face the prospect of a playoff to them. Make no mistake it is a game we wouldn't win not a chance. We have been so poorly run this year I actually think the board want to go down. I do not buy some people saying it's our turn to to be relegated. It shouldn't be in the weakest spl top flight in years. Had the board appointed the right man had he signed decent players and managed the team we would not be here nearing the end of the season without a home win. It is f**king ridiculous and our team is a bloody laughing stock. People can defend it all day and they can say we are not a joke but look at us and how we have been ran recently and how many points we have at home? I mean their is poor kids sitting watching this all season and they haven't seen their team win at home ? Some st.mirren fans in fact most will not have been at a game that we have won since may 3rd 2014. I am embarrassed and I am very angry . Everything from the players, board, management to the disgraceful home kit absolutely f**king stink this year. Anyone who says we ain't is lying to themselves

We know Norrie.

Chill oot Bud.

We'll be fine.

It all kinda makes me feel sorry for Gary Teale. I hope he can keep the boo boys off his back. He has IMO a thankless task at the minute but he will be a fkn hero if he guides us to safety. We have pulled it out the bag somehow every year bar gretna where we were pretty much safe from the get go. One more year of luck is all we need.

What will it mean if he guides us to safety tho? More cuts during ore season and a definite relegation next year?

we are not bottom, or 11th. Our run of good form and good luck is still to come, Motherwell and Ross County have had theirs and they are below us.

Dundee Utd sold their best to players to a direct rival.

Not enjoying this truly awful season one little bit but we are no more a joke club that Motherwell or Ross County and I do think we can turn it around and finish 10th or even 9th!

Motherwell have taken 1 point out of their last 18 on offer and we are still only level with them on points and they have a game in hand. I'll suggest their average points take is about to increase after one of the low points of their season.

Motherwell have taken 1 point out of their last 18 on offer and we are still only level with them on points and they have a game in hand. I'll suggest their average points take is about to increase after one of the low points of their season.

So let me get this straight.

They're going to improve and we're going to get worse?

I've been hearing that all season :lol:

So let me get this straight.

They're going to improve and we're going to get worse?

I've been hearing that all season lol.gif:

Yeah, there's a 'Well fan at my work and he's definitely not confident of finishing above us, reckons it's their weakest line-up since Mo Malpas was in charge. We have regular bitchin' sessions where we try to outdo each other at trashing our respective manager/players. We kinda agree that including Ross County it's a mini-league of three poor teams and that it's all to play for between now and the end of the season.