We Are Unfortunately A Joke Club

donport

So let me get this straight.

They're going to improve and we're going to get worse?

I've been hearing that all season lol.gif:

Not what I am saying. What I was pointing out was we have been through 2 really bad runs this season where we lost 5 in a row and 6 in a row and then we got a few draws and away wins punctuated by less defeats. At one point in October you may even have called us the form team in the league. We had been on a minor good run and managed 3 wins and a draw in 8 games and that was enough to move us from 12th to 10th. Many fans would argue that Kenny McLean's form and goals helped us to those 10 points or a good share of them. I'm open to the possibility that Dayton could be a decent signing, Arquin could be OK and Thommo might improve enough by March and April to get a few vital goals. We might more or less maintain the level we reached since Teale took over and I am also open to the possibility that minus McLean we've lost our best midfielder and top goal scorer and could regress in the final third of the season without him. I'm hoping our signings work out and make up for McLean's loss and have no idea if we will improve or falter. With regard to Motherwell's form they lost 5 in a row, got a draw and lost another. Teams usually don't go more than 5-7 games of straight defeats even when they are as bad as this year's bottom 3 have been. I expect in the next 3 or 4 games that Motherwell will pick up a win or a few draws and that we can't keep on banking on them losing nearly every game as they will come out of the slump sooner rather than later.

I don't see Motherwell, Ross County or St Mirren suddenly becoming capable of going on a five or six game undefeated run to pull away under their own steam. I think it will simply come down to post-split, and which club doesn't shite itself.

All three are poor sides, where some miracle run of great form is coming from is baffling to me.

I don't see Motherwell, Ross County or St Mirren suddenly becoming capable of going on a five or six game undefeated run to pull away under their own steam. I think it will simply come down to post-split, and which club doesn't shite itself.

All three are poor sides, where some miracle run of great form is coming from is baffling to me.

It will come down to our last 7 games. Our final 2 games before the split are.. County at home and Motherwell away. Then the split.

Partick Thistle aren't out it either. They've lost their last 4 games and are more than capable of going on a long barren run of form.

Perhaps if Sevco miss out on a promotion play off place they will change the rules and relegate all 3 to let Sevco come up?

It will come down to our last 7 games. Our final 2 games before the split are.. County at home and Motherwell away. Then the split.

Partick Thistle aren't out it either. They've lost their last 4 games and are more than capable of going on a long barren run of form.

Well going by your track record that's Thistle safe for another season then.

2 out of the bottom 3 will be in Championship next season

If we had McLean we would have been safe as he was easily the best player from the bottom 6

Again as i said before the game on Sat i'm struggling to see where the goals are going to come from

Along with our poor defence where the same 5 players play every single week and show no improvement and they have no competition

People slate Teale as well giving with the crap he has to put up with

It all kinda makes me feel sorry for Gary Teale. I hope he can keep the boo boys off his back. He has IMO a thankless task at the minute but he will be a fkn hero if he guides us to safety. We have pulled it out the bag somehow every year bar gretna where we were pretty much safe from the get go. One more year of luck is all we need.

Are you Stewart Gilmour!!??

Well going by your track record that's Thistle safe for another season then.

2 out of the bottom 3 will be in Championship next season

If we had McLean we would have been safe as he was easily the best player from the bottom 6

Again as i said before the game on Sat i'm struggling to see where the goals are going to come from

Along with our poor defence where the same 5 players play every single week and show no improvement and they have no competition

People slate Teale as well giving with the crap he has to put up with

This current squad we have is getting relegated, make no mistake about it.

Losing twice by one goal to Motherwell and drawing against Ross County - that is the difference between where we are just now and being 8 points clear of both of them and having a laugh at how shite they are. Scoring one goal more (or conceding one less) in each of they three games would have made a huge difference. It's scary how close an acceptable-what-we-expect-season and a knicker-wetting-frenzy-of-a-season are - 3 goals in this instance.

I said in another post we have lost 13 games by one goal.

Fine margins but it seem to a few lunatics were down already so no need to bother anymore.

ETA FCUK OFF! wink.png

Edited by faraway saint

It could be much worse we could be Sevco. This is a need watch - I have sent this to everyone. Got to watch this so funny

That's brilliant. :)

I wish I'd put this on the Poor Rangers thread a few days ago....

:whistle:

It IS brilliant - it deserves the widest audience possible.

Our league form isn't much worse off than last season based on the attached stats.

I know its not a great situation, though Thistle are only one win better off from last seasonand i'm sure the Motherwell fans will be feeling more pain than ourselves after years of competing at the top and suddenly dropping to their worst form in years, fighting out a relegation battle.

If anything, we are the most experienced of the 3 dealing in this situation and getting out of it.

Do we have the players to pull us out of it this time? Im not 100% percent sure, though we have the best defensive record of the 3 teams with a similar goals for as Well and County.

KTF

post-1218-0-28539500-1424251956_thumb.pn

Our league form isn't much worse off than last season based on the attached stats.

I know its not a great situation, though Thistle are only one win better off from last seasonand i'm sure the Motherwell fans will be feeling more pain than ourselves after years of competing at the top and suddenly dropping to their worst form in years, fighting out a relegation battle.

If anything, we are the most experienced of the 3 dealing in this situation and getting out of it.

Do we have the players to pull us out of it this time? Im not 100% percent sure, though we have the best defensive record of the 3 teams with a similar goals for as Well and County.

KTF

Good post. I'd certainly have us as favourites out the bottom 3 to survive to finish 10th. We have the best defence and the most experience in relegation situations.

The two games that irk me the most this season are the previous matches against Well. Still can't believe we lost both of them.

The first game of the season at Fir Park even Stuart McCall admitted we were the better team, but we lost . The second game at SMP despite having a ridiculous early red card, we scored 2 good goals, they scored 1 and we lost. If we had got 4 points from those 2 games - which we at least deserved - Well would be isolated at the bottom and we'd be in relative comfort.

C'est la vie, we haven't got the breaks and we are where we are. It shows how bad Well are though, that despite beating us twice they're still below us.

Edited by TopCat

Good post. I'd certainly have us as favourites out the bottom 3 to survive to finish 10th. We have the best defence and the most experience in relegation situations.

The two games that irk me the most this season are the previous matches against Well. Still can't believe we lost both of them.

The first game of the season at Fir Park even Stuart McCall admitted we were the better team, but we lost . The second game at SMP despite having a ridiculous early red card, we scored 2 good goals, they scored 1 and we lost. If we had got 4 points from those 2 games - which we at least deserved - Well would be isolated at the bottom and we'd be in relative comfort.

C'est la vie, we haven't got the breaks and we are where we are. It shows how bad Well are though, that despite beating us twice they're still below us.

Not specific to this post TC, more in general..... for what it's worth I do respect your ability to keep upbeat, glass half full perspective etc. Nothing wrong at all with that outlook on life in general. Yes, we are where we are, and it's true you can choose to be downbeat about it or take a more positive view. Name any single fact about our season to date (league position, goals scored, goals conceded, signings, managers....) and if one person says black another will say white, and vice versa. That's the very nature of diverse opinion and it's rarely better observed than on football forums.

One thing I would like to comment on though is that for some it's not just about making the best of the current situation. It's about aspirations, enjoyment, ambition, entertainment, pride, opportunities lost. Is it possible, and I ask the question with all respect, that as a club we are just so used to being down among the dead men that some (maybe yourself?) are so resigned to it that you have forgotten to look to the stars occasionally? Sometimes it's not just about making the best of being in the gutter.

So yes, full marks for continually taking a positive spin, but I do hope you can empathise with the utter frustration that some other fellow fans feel, particularly in such a weak top tier.

Not specific to this post TC, more in general..... for what it's worth I do respect your ability to keep upbeat, glass half full perspective etc. Nothing wrong at all with that outlook on life in general. Yes, we are where we are, and it's true you can choose to be downbeat about it or take a more positive view. Name any single fact about our season to date (league position, goals scored, goals conceded, signings, managers....) and if one person says black another will say white, and vice versa. That's the very nature of diverse opinion and it's rarely better observed than on football forums.

One thing I would like to comment on though is that for some it's not just about making the best of the current situation. It's about aspirations, enjoyment, ambition, entertainment, pride, opportunities lost. Is it possible, and I ask the question with all respect, that as a club we are just so used to being down among the dead men that some (maybe yourself?) are so resigned to it that you have forgotten to look to the stars occasionally? Sometimes it's not just about making the best of being in the gutter.

So yes, full marks for continually taking a positive spin, but I do hope you can empathise with the utter frustration that some other fellow fans feel, particularly in such a weak top tier.

There has been no ambition beyond SPL survival at the club for a long time now.

Hard as it is I have had to accept that the glory days of the late 70's/early 80's are never going to return.

We have become a smaller club in my time supporting us, with very much a small time attitude from the top, and it's very difficult to drum up the level of enthusiasm that I used to have. Even when we were really in the doldrums in Division 2 for a few years in the early 70's, we were described by Fergie as sleeping giants when he took over as manager. Who would say anything like that now if we were relegated and spent a few years in the lower leagues?

I fully accept that we have to live within our income but it has always struck me that the current BoD have more or less accepted our income as pretty much fixed and have done little to try to increase it.

Even when we sell players we seem to get the minimum fee we could get.

The new owners, whoever they may be, and whenever they come in, need to try to generate more income by whatever means if we are ever to progress beyond the bottom 3 of the SPL.

One of the best posts on here in absolutely ages. Well said.