Former Saints Fan On The Run

HSS

..... and the other time when the Tudor bus was leaving for Arbroath around 10 on a Saturday , as I got on the bus and made my way up the back I had to hurdle a massive cardboard box in the passage way. The box contained a Clydesdale Bank Football Year book for each person on the bus , he had just walked into McDougalls and walked out with it !

St Mirren Supporters Bus mentioned in this link.....:o

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/on-the-run-scots-prisoner-derek-brockwell-5186939

Banged up again,I hope he at least managed to get a couple of pints.

W

..... and the other time when the Tudor bus was leaving for Arbroath around 10 on a Saturday , as I got on the bus and made my way up the back I had to hurdle a massive cardboard box in the passage way. The box contained a Clydesdale Bank Football Year book for each person on the bus , he had just walked into McDougalls and walked out with it !

With the full blessing of both McDougalls and the Clydesdale Bank no doubt !

In his early 20s DB worked just down the office from me in the Finance department in Chrysler in Linwood. He dipped into the handbag of one of his female colleagues and nicked a cheque from the back of her cheque book. It was weeks later before she discovered she had been robbed. I can't go along with the (almost romantic) image of him as the happy-go-lucky, cheeky chappie thief. Shoplifting from a large store like John Menzies might seem like a victimless crime to some people but some of his individual victims suffered genuinely significant losses. He is just a nasty, despicable arsehole who stole from working people that couldn't afford the loss.

Haven't seen it on national coverage yet but locally it's being reported that he actually stabbed himself as the police moved in on him. His name meant nothing to me but I recognised his photograph instantly probably from having seen him in the Tudor.

One of the staff in the Bridge said he had been surrounded by polis & he got up & reached inside his jacket . the polis thought he was reaching for a weapon & downed him with tasers. Place was still cordoned off when we left about 11.00 last night.

There was another worthy of the same ilk who was a regular in the Tudor at around the same time. Won't name him because the rest of his family were decent people. He wasn't really into football but his younger brother played for a Glasgow club. Twice on football buses, once to Wembley and once to Manchester he stole things at the drop of a hat.Cases of beer, a barrell of Sherry and a bike on one trip. We made sure the bike got returned to the lady owner. In one pub in the Lake District he stole a collection jar from behind the bar that was intended for a childrens outing. Couldn't get the bastard to own up. He carried a knife at times and used it once that i know of but thankfully the victim wasn't seriously hurt. A close friend's house was burgled when he was on holiday and apparently he told a few of our friends that he knew it was definitely our chum who did it. I've lost touch now thankfully

living over here but I wouldn't be surprised if he came to a sticky end. Anyone who was a regular in the Tudor during the 70's and early 80's might well know him. Even if anyone guesses who it is, I certainly won't confirm it publicly.

In his early 20s DB worked just down the office from me in the Finance department in Chrysler in Linwood. He dipped into the handbag of one of his female colleagues and nicked a cheque from the back of her cheque book. It was weeks later before she discovered she had been robbed. I can't go along with the (almost romantic) image of him as the happy-go-lucky, cheeky chappie thief. Shoplifting from a large store like John Menzies might seem like a victimless crime to some people but some of his individual victims suffered genuinely significant losses. He is just a nasty, despicable arsehole who stole from working people that couldn't afford the loss.

You can't go along with an image that has not been purveyed on this thread? How very strange

Are there any more imaginary things you can't go along with?

Heading over to your general area tomorrow Rick, Dungannon & Belfast today . Got a meeting in Newtownards tomorrow morn.

I saw your post saying you were in The BridgeHouse last night. I don't go in it often but WI do quite like it. I was in Carrickfergus yesterday and popped into their local Wetherspoons, the Central. Only went in for a pee, but sod it, ended up having a couple of pints. The Wetherspoons in Newtownards used to be a hell-hole but they've sorted it out and it's pretty good now. If you're over regularly give me a shout and we could have a natter and a greet about St.Mirren.

I saw your post saying you were in The BridgeHouse last night. I don't go in it often but WI do quite like it. I was in Carrickfergus yesterday and popped into their local Wetherspoons, the Central. Only went in for a pee, but sod it, ended up having a couple of pints. The Wetherspoons in Newtownards used to be a hell-hole but they've sorted it out and it's pretty good now. If you're over regularly give me a shout and we could have a natter and a greet about St.Mirren.

Stalker alert!!!!!!

Seems Brocky tried to top himself, or is it the Rozzers deflecting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31530940

I don't think he did try to top himself, more likely part of an elaborate plan to get hospitalised and plot yet another great escape. Whilst I'm sure we all condemn his criminal activities you have to admire his tenacity and inventiveness.

I see now that he held a member of the staff in a chemist shop at knife point, got away with not very much then sat outside a pub only 200 yards away. Doesn't sound like the sharpest tack. And is he only 53? If he is he must have been going in the Tudor from about the age of 12. The BBC NI news has a photo of him from the chemist shop's CCTV this morning.

I see now that he held a member of the staff in a chemist shop at knife point, got away with not very much then sat outside a pub only 200 yards away. Doesn't sound like the sharpest tack. And is he only 53? If he is he must have been going in the Tudor from about the age of 12. The BBC NI news has a photo of him from the chemist shop's CCTV this morning.

Pharmacy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31537243

Listen, when I was growing up, they were called chemists.Did you ever hear of Boots the Pharmacy? English was better the way it was used to be spoke and how we were learned it!

Bigotry persists...

They would have chosen that name.

Probably, given its location - Ulster, they preferred to be known as the UP rather than the UC...

:rolleyes:

Or am I imagining too much?