Former Saints Fan On The Run

HSS

I don't think he did try to top himself, more likely part of an elaborate plan to get hospitalised and plot yet another great escape. Whilst I'm sure we all condemn his criminal activities you have to admire his tenacity and inventiveness.

it'll be a delaying tactic, scott. I dont fancy his chances back inside following the PO stabbings and he won't either

It's a well known Scots - not weegie, Scots - phrase meaning "You'll be in for it" if you do the thing in question.

My auld dear, 82 with Alzheimer's, said it to me today. It never goes away.

Such is life, you get born, you grow up, you become a parent, you become a grandparent, then you become a child again in your parent's head. And after that, you become a child again.

In your own head.

Ah well, enjoy it while you can, children.

Edited by salmonbuddie

It's a well known Scots - not weegie, Scots - phrase meaning "You'll be in for it" if you do the thing in question.

Such is life, you get born, you grow up, you become a parent, you become a grandparent, then you become a child again in your parent's head. And after that, you become a child again.

In your own head.

The decrepitude starts when you make double-posts.... :whistle:

In your own head.

Were you being a very naughty boy when your Mummy said she'd give you into trouble? Growing up in Paisley I had never heard it but my first wife's family were all Glasgow born and bred and they used that phrase all the time.

Going back to our 'friend' Brockwell, Bud the Baker and I both expressed doubts about his quoted age of 53. Does anyone know his age? I'm sure I remember him in the Tudor in the mid 70's which would only have made him about his mid-teens if 53 is right. A hairy arsed schoolboy as they say in Belfast.

Going back to our 'friend' Brockwell, Bud the Baker and I both expressed doubts about his quoted age of 53. Does anyone know his age? I'm sure I remember him in the Tudor in the mid 70's which would only have made him about his mid-teens if 53 is right. A hairy arsed schoolboy as they say in Belfast.

Oi McD......That's his correct age.Are you sure you're not thinking of his twin brother?

PS.I used to get served in The Tudor when I was 15 which was 1978.Also used to get served in Ronnies where we would go for a last pint when The Tudor closed at 2:30pm.

Were you being a very naughty boy when your Mummy said she'd give you into trouble? Growing up in Paisley I had never heard it but my first wife's family were all Glasgow born and bred and they used that phrase all the time.

She's Paisley born & bred, too, uses 'gie' and 'intae' rather than the English words. And, yes, I had been naughty. It was 50 years ago, mind, but that's how it works.

:)

Oi McD......That's his correct age.Are you sure you're not thinking of his twin brother?

PS.I used to get served in The Tudor when I was 15 which was 1978.Also used to get served in Ronnies where we would go for a last pint when The Tudor closed at 2:30pm.

my younger brother was in his class at school, 53 is correct. I was 15 when i quaffed my first pint, along with a roll and steamed sausage, in the Tudor

Why do people have bother with this?

• 3 weeks later...

billy g....Mario here...you knew brocky well and you also know me and him were very close story goes about Dublin that the two prison officers asked the big man which team he supported and he told them..st Mirren..and they said after a laughing fit tell us who you really support so they got stabbed..and he went on the run

billy g....Mario here...you knew brocky well and you also know me and him were very close story goes about Dublin that the two prison officers asked the big man which team he supported and he told them..st Mirren..and they said after a laughing fit tell us who you really support so they got stabbed..and he went on the run

I get that aw the time in my Taxi.

I just carry on with the hire ...............

Edited by shull

• 2 weeks later...

my younger brother was in his class at school, 53 is correct. I was 15 when i quaffed my first pint, along with a roll and steamed sausage, in the Tudor

Why do people have bother with this?

Aye he's 53...he just never had my boyish good looks!

I remember getting my wedding present, in an unwrapped state (shop display condition)at the ceremony, then hanging him upside doon and shaking when a false alarm went up on a missing handbag at the do. To be fair he understood why we made a b-line for him, and the night continued at full pelt. He didnt half get us in some scrapes, like picking a fight with 2000 Aberdeen fans resulting in the whole bus being chased all over the golf course at Pittodrie.

Then picking a fight again with a mere 50 odd Aberdeen fans outside the bungalow bar. Which was quite amusing as there were about five of us, and around the same number of the Galllowhill Team waiting on the doors opening.... They politely declined our invitation to be 'Northbank For The Day'

Edited by Lord Pityme

• 7 years later...

All in, i'd say that I am happy he is safely banged up for his own safety and that of the public.  The stories of his darker and wildly shifting moods tell me that he was already having some personality troubles in his teens.  He was pretty much disasociated from his family by the time he was 20 and that is where it all went from loveable rogue to someone who was up for the risk and ended up being manipulated by some far more serious villains.