Gary Teale Given Two Match Touchline Ban

TopCat

Good for Gary to voice his opinion .Britain is supposed to be a country of FREE SPEECH don't think the SFA can know that seems to me refs can consistently make bad decisions but if the manager comments he gets penalised so what happened to free speech in football

You are confusing, like so many others, the concept of free speech and the concept of free speech without consequences.

Not a single person is banning Gary from making that sort of comment.

McLean is a joke of a ref.He booked our guy for simulation resulting in s second yellow.Yet last week at Ibrox two gers players clearly dived in the box.What happenedthay night -nothing.Gary was correct McLean clearly had an agenda that day.

I don't think McLean had an agenda

Just following orders as Teale pointed out

No confusion on my part think you are missing my point !!!!!

Then I am too I'm afraid Foxy.

Teale intimated that Arquin was the victim of a premeditated red against Dundee on 24 January .

"I thought both bookings were very, very soft, Was that maybe because we had the red card rescinded from last week?"

He also complained that Dundee's equaliser was offside, however retracted the statement once he realised he was wrong. He then said sorry to the Ref.

So, on the sending off he inferred bias and on the goal he wrongly called in to question the competence of the ref.

The SFA proved Teale had breached rule 72 by "criticising the performance of match officials in a manner which indicated bias or incompetence on their part".

While I always want to defend any manager of our club I do accept that GT was impetuous in this instance. This is not a freedom of speech issue, but rather that of a young and inexperienced manager making an arse of a post match interview. He has lived, and he has learned.

Did he not actually say something like "I thought both bookings were very, very soft, Was that maybe because we had the red card rescinded from last week? It would be very cynical to think that way". He never, IIRC, actually said that he thought that way. I thought at the time that he was "boxing clever" in the way he said it to try and avoid getting accused of claiming premeditated bias. See where thinking gets you when you're not used to it, I'll need to stop it.

Much the same with the rule itself Slarti....

Rule 72 "....criticising the performance of match officials in a manner which indicated bias or incompetence on their part".

If GT was trying to box clever with "It would be very cynical to think that way" then the rule counter punches with the use of verb 'indicated'.

To your point..... 'He never, IIRC, actually said that he thought that way'. The SFA rule plays the same game, it doesn't state that the bias or incompetence is indisputable, a mere indication is sufficient for a breach.

Much the same with the rule itself Slarti....

Rule 72 "....criticising the performance of match officials in a manner which indicated bias or incompetence on their part".

If GT was trying to box clever with "It would be very cynical to think that way" then the rule counter punches with the use of verb 'indicated'.

To your point..... 'He never, IIRC, actually said that he thought that way'. The SFA rule plays the same game, it doesn't state that the bias or incompetence is indisputable, a mere indication is sufficient for a breach.

So much sophistry and yet their flexi-rules can't cope with the braying of sectarian hate by 10,000 bigots.

Funny old backward world, isn't it? :angry:

What annoyed me on that Dundee goal was that the No.2 (apt) who scored was blatantly offside by a mile in the move prior to scoring. I was in line and subsequently verified the position on the TV footage. The Dundee No.2 was blatantly offside when the ball was played forward to the Dundee player who laid on the pass for the actual goal. The No.2 was then back onside when the ball was passed to him for him to score. But he would not have been in that advantageous position if the linesman hadn't given it the 'Scottish cavalry at Falkirk in Braveheart' treatment and flagged for offside in the first place.

I don't know what Gary said to the ref but I would not have apologised for what the media suggests he said sorry for. What I would have apologised for is implying that the ref's integrity was suspect. Because that my friends was Gary's downfall. Without actual evidence, you've just got to keep your mouth shut and your thoughts to yourself (.... and your pals ... and this forum).

P.S. Didn't check the footage to see if the ref looked unsighted or at the linesman. Maybe the linesman had an agenda to make the ref look bad? Assistant referees ambitious to be refs? God help us even more! Rant, rant, rant ..........