Collymore Wants To Take Sevco Off Tv.

Stuart Dickson

I think it's hard to argue with the logic. If their fans continue to sing sectarian songs then Collymore is right, they shouldn't be on TV but without "Rangers" on TV the value of TV Rights in Scottish Football plummets through the floor. And if the same logic is applied to every Scottish club where you can hear offensive songs or shouts you'd find it very difficult to screen any fixtures at all.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stan-collymore-take-rangers-tv-5191313

I think it's hard to argue with the logic. If their fans continue to sing sectarian songs then Collymore is right, they shouldn't be on TV but without "Rangers" on TV the value of TV Rights in Scottish Football plummets through the floor. And if the same logic is applied to every Scottish club where you can hear offensive songs or shouts you'd find it very difficult to screen any fixtures at all.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stan-collymore-take-rangers-tv-5191313

I agree but there has to be similar call for Celtic, surely?

The sponsors won't budge unless it became a massive issue and the Scottish media won't support it.

Just my opinion.

So it should be ignored for the sake of money. Bullshit we should cut our cloth accordingly if the TV want to pull out. It's the one thing that would get the old firm to police their own fans don't stand up or I will put you out. But they can sit and sing offensive songs according to park head stewards

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Well perhaps it's revealing that the SPFL have said that they won't take any action against "Rangers" or Celtic after complaints about their fans behaviour at the League Cup Semi Final. If the football authorities refuse to tackle the issue then perhaps the only way to force a clean up would be for more people like Collymore to call for TV companies to take their own action.

Let's not forget that the SPFL isn't just Doncaster and some other twats in suits. It's every single senior football club in Scotland.

Well perhaps it's revealing that the SPFL have said that they won't take any action against "Rangers" or Celtic after complaints about their fans behaviour at the League Cup Semi Final. If the football authorities refuse to tackle the issue then perhaps the only way to force a clean up would be for more people like Collymore to call for TV companies to take their own action.

Let's not forget that the SPFL isn't just Doncaster and some other twats in suits. It's every single senior football club in Scotland.

The football clubs in Scotland, or elsewhere for that matter, will never act in unison to clean up the obvious problems in the game unless it hits them hard in the pocket. The authorities, who are, as you pointed out, responsible to the clubs themselves are sh*t scared of losing the big revenue generators, but so are Sky et al. So bugger all will be done other than cheap talk.

I agree but there has to be similar call for Celtic, surely?

The sponsors won't budge unless it became a massive issue and the Scottish media won't support it.

Just my opinion.

Collymore's call is a reaction to the Bears who are trying to have him taken off the air. Same as they did when Jim Spence honeslty reported Rangers were no more, had been liquidated.

I saw his Twitter feed, earlier. Will try to find it and post here.

This is a much worse face of football than some diddies on the Paris Metro. The difference is that Chelsea and the English authorities want to address their's whilst the Scots just want it swept under the carpet. I watched the end of that match on BT Sport. You could clearly hear the songs. I'm not a catholic, but if I was...

And I imagine there must be Catholic sponsors and customers, (not to mention footballers) who would be justifiably offended?

They're not just 'an occasional embarrassment'...

ps forgetting the whataboutery...

I never heard or saw anything offensive from the Celtic fans. What are they SUPPOSED to have done - to allow the huns to blame the big boys at the other end?

Edited by bluto

Seems fair to me

Collymore's call is a reaction to the Bears who are trying to have him taken off the air. Same as they did when Jim Spence honeslty reported Rangers were no more, had been liquidated.

I saw his Twitter feed, earlier. Will try to find it and post here.

This is a much worse face of football than some diddies on the Paris Metro. The difference is that Chelsea and the English authorities want to address their's whilst the Scots just want it swept under the carpet. I watched the end of that match on BT Sport. You could clearly hear the songs. I'm not a catholic, but if I was...

And I imagine there must be Catholic sponsors and customers, (not to mention footballers) who would be justifiably offended

They're not just 'an occasional embarrassment'...

ps forgetting the whataboutery...

I never heard or saw anything offensive from the Celtic fans. What are they SUPPOSED to have done - to allow the huns to blame the big boys at the other end?

I often watch Celtic matches on BT Sport or Setanta, and there's not a game goes by without the old IRA songs getting an airing. No different to the blue mob, in my opinion.

Here's the Collymore twitter feed that I mentioned earlier...

"Collymore’s twitter at the mo is very interesting.

(read from bottom to top )

I clearly stated two weeks ago that in my opinion Chelsea and Rangers are made for each other. I’ll prove that on air tomorrow.

“We’re up to our knees in ******** Blood” sung by 30 thousand.
Or maybe it was a “small minority”
f**king hypocrites.

If @btsportfootball use me no longer after the next 3 , so be it, but I’ll make damn sure Rangers fans hypocrisy is outed at the same time.

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore
This is the visible danger of using the phrase “small minority” at football matches.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_BN1…

1200 Ramgers fans want me sacked via petition. Good luck. I want the world to know you still sing sectarian songs at games. It’s illegal.

This is the League Cup semi Final. This is sectarian chanting with “******** blood ” distinctly heard in the song m.youtube.com/watch?feature=…

On @btsportfootball I’ll be asking Rangers fans who want me sacked for expressing perfectly legal views find the following acceptable.

Tomorrow on @btsportfootball I’ll be challenged on my views about the Rangers/Chelsea “alliance”.
DetailsOpen

Need some help from friends north of the border . Could you point me to any footage (this season) of audible sectarian chanting. Any club."

The non Old Firm clubs should resign from the SPFL and start a brand new league without either of the Old Firm.

Yes there would be less TV money... but so what? That would just mean that the players are paid less money. It would be a level playing field.

We'd get a competitive game in Scotland and no more sectarianism and violence.

Why oh why can't the non Old Firm clubs have the balls to do this?

Are there any Saints fans would wouldn't want to see the Old Firm? Are there any non Old Firm fans would want to see them stay?

I know that the likes of Kendo & Faraway Saint were desperate to see Rangers survive in some form and wanted them to get straight into the top flight but anyone with a brain surely wants to see the back of them?

Here's the Collymore twitter feed that I mentioned earlier...

"Collymore’s twitter at the mo is very interesting.

(read from bottom to top )

I clearly stated two weeks ago that in my opinion Chelsea and Rangers are made for each other. I’ll prove that on air tomorrow.

“We’re up to our knees in ******** Blood” sung by 30 thousand.

Or maybe it was a “small minority”

f**king hypocrites.

If @btsportfootball use me no longer after the next 3 , so be it, but I’ll make damn sure Rangers fans hypocrisy is outed at the same time.

This is the visible danger of using the phrase “small minority” at football matches.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_BN1…

1200 Ramgers fans want me sacked via petition. Good luck. I want the world to know you still sing sectarian songs at games. It’s illegal.

This is the League Cup semi Final. This is sectarian chanting with “******** blood ” distinctly heard in the song m.youtube.com/watch?feature=…

On @btsportfootball I’ll be asking Rangers fans who want me sacked for expressing perfectly legal views find the following acceptable.

Tomorrow on @btsportfootball I’ll be challenged on my views about the Rangers/Chelsea “alliance”.

DetailsOpen

Need some help from friends north of the border . Could you point me to any footage (this season) of audible sectarian chanting. Any club."

Where are you Pat Nevin? You promised to stand up to sectarianism toowhistling.gif

The SPFL said they won't take action... when will UEFA step in and sort it out.

Goodness, we've thankfully purged most of the Racism from the game and society, certainly from where we were in the 70s and 80s but this poison seems to be going no where.

I can feel the tide slowly turning on this scourge n terms of the problem being highlighted to the non-football public. The media are beginning to show the shame this crew bring and with the publicity guys like Collymore generate with this it will only add pressure.

The SPFL said they won't take action... when will UEFA step in and sort it out.

Goodness, we've thankfully purged most of the Racism from the game and society, certainly from where we were in the 70s and 80s but this poison seems to be going no where.

I can feel the tide slowly turning on this scourge n terms of the problem being highlighted to the non-football public. The media are beginning to show the shame this crew bring and with the publicity guys like Collymore generate with this it will only add pressure.

Collymore got bumped off his job tonite due to his comments

Bigot power won again

Collymore got bumped off his job tonite due to his comments

Bigot power won again

He's only been bumped from covering the Raith Rovers v "Rangers" match. He hasn't lost his job at BT Sports. I think its a shame BT Sports have done this, but it's hardly surprising. However if non Rangers fans want this issue to be given as much publicity as possible then why not also bombard BT Sport with messages of support for Stan Collymore and the stance he's taking.

Often the problem in Scotland is that we are silent whilst particularly "Rangers" fans use mob power to try to bully the likes of the BBC - as they did during the tax case - or now BT Sports.

Edited to add - I have to agree Bluto. Collymores Twitter feed makes excellent reading.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Our Media ??? 1eye.gif

McCoist and his Club refused to talk to the BBC for a few years .

The BBC still donated hundreds of thousands of pounds of Taxpayers money to The Blue Vermin F.C. for live Radio Broadcasts and many Cup ties.

Edited by shull

Collymore's a difficult one to 'support'.

Who is your least loved - the wife-beater or the bigot?

Well... as the bigots have been shown to also indulge in wife-beating, then it's possible to make a choice between the rock and the hard place...

Yeh , I remember Stan punched Ulrika , which wasn't that unusual , since , she claimed she was abused by several guys. .

We could believe than Stan has stopped wife beating (do you still beat your wife , Stan?) , but we now the bigots have always been and always will be bigots. .(they will say things like , "the Sash" isnae that offensive)

Alas, its only going to be the money men who make anything happen. People need to complain to BBC, Sky & BT. If they then say they wont broadcast anymore of their games if they sing their songs, then I'm sure things will change, at least for the camera's sake anyway.

We have three season tickets and very rarely attend when we play the old firm.They are a virus in the game and if they miss each other that much why don't they play against each other every week.Dundee or Edinburgh certainly don't need them.

Because they don't exist. Or at least one half doesn't and surely any "firm" needs more than one entity!