Collymore Wants To Take Sevco Off Tv.

Stuart Dickson

Hopefully it's not over yet ....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31565781

... I don't see how the SPFL can dodge this forever.

Nothing will happen

In that Cup Final against Oldco

After Craig Thompson sent off Danny Wilson over 30 000 chanted "Who's the F*inan in the black"

Live on council telly

By far the loudest chant of the day

Any backlash?

Nothing will happen

After Craig Thompson sent off Danny Wilson over 30 000 chanted "Who's the F*inan in the black"

Live on council telly

Any backlash?

The spfl / sfa /polis gave them the benefit of the doubt as it would have been unfair to punish such a young club who have no real history of such incidents .

Nothing will happen

Live on council telly

Any backlash?

Remember - the SPFL is not some secretive masonic organisation. It is the Chairmen of all 42 member clubs. If there is a general unwillingness to tackle sectarianism and offensive songs and banners about terrorist organisations and extreme political organisations then it's the fault of every single club in the SPFL. This is exactly the same situation as happened when Rangers went into liquidation and member clubs choked when it came to applying their own rules.

Collymore's a difficult one to 'support'.

Who is your least loved - the wife-beater or the bigot?

Well... as the bigots have been shown to also indulge in wife-beating, then it's possible to make a choice between the rock and the hard place...

Got to laugh

They take the high ground about Collymore wife beating

But one of their biggest icons is Gazza

Got to laugh

They take the high ground about Collymore wife beating

But one of their biggest icons is Gazza

As I said to one of them who was using that argument - "Let me get this straight, you say we shouldn't listen to Collymore because of his background but you want King as your saviour? Do you see the irony?"

Stopped the debate dead in its tracks......

One presumes if they had sung about Palestine or displayed their flag, they would have been hung out to dry.

Talking about flags. .

There was a controversial postponed game that we played against them at LS. I was sitting near the back of the NB and one of our fans produced a Saint Petersburg flag ( Zenet had beaten der Hunn a couple of days before) . The flag was about 3' long and he stood in the aisle near the fence and held it up toward der Hunn. He was promptly visited by a rozzer wearing a bunnet with scrambled egg on it and told to put the flag away. .

At half time , der H*n in the Caledonia end unfurled a huge flag that was made up of hundreds of other flags , basically any flag that incorporated the Union Flag and it had Paisley Loyal written on it . The lad from our support summoned a rozzer , who promptly told our fan that he had no jurisdiction in the der Hun end , c**t. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Mibi complaints to ofcom should be put in, offensive language before watershed never mind the more serious stuff. 10 or more about same programme and you make their published list. Its a start. Anybody?

Why not simply petition your own club Chairman and get him to demand that Sectarianism be taken seriously for once by the SPFL. As I said previously the SPFL is not a Neil Doncaster autocracy. Doncaster is merely the lead figure of an organisation that is made up of the 42 member clubs - of which St Mirren own one of the 12 issued preferential shares. The lack of action from the member clubs over the sectarian and racist chanting shown on TV last Friday night is a damning statement on just how chicken hearted most of the fannies running our clubs actually are!

Talking about flags. .

There was a controversial postponed game that we played against them at LS. I was sitting near the back of the NB and one of our fans produced a Saint Petersburg flag ( Zenet had beaten der Hunn a couple of days before) . The flag was about 3' long and he stood in the aisle near the fence and held it up toward der Hunn. He was promptly visited by a rozzer wearing a bunnet with scrambled egg on it and told to put the flag away. .

At half time , der H*n in the Caledonia end unfurled a huge flag that was made up of hundreds of other flags , basically any flag that incorporated the Union Flag and it had Paisley Loyal written on it . The lad from our support summoned a rozzer , who promptly told our fan that he had no jurisdiction in the der Hun end , c**t. .

I read an excellent blog the other day - I think on the BBC website - written by a Rangers fan in which he acknowledged that the claim by Rangers fan that the terminology of the word ******** (Clue: beginning with an F :rolleyes:) related to a political organisation and not a religious one was bullshit in the modern world. He agreed with the common assertion that the term "F*******" to almost everyone's mind whether in the Rangers support or in the general populace was these days used to mean just one thing - catholic. He also went on to argue that the word "***" (clue: beginning with the letter h :rolleyes:), which you have used in your post no less than FOUR times is similarly used to mean "Protestant".

I think we can all agree with the context of his argument. We all know exactly what those terms are used to describe particularly in the West of Scotland, and I would suggest that if you don't wish to appear to be seen as a bigot yourself that it might be an idea to better consider the terminology you use.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I read an excellent blog the other day - I think on the BBC website - written by a Rangers fan in which he acknowledged that the claim by Rangers fan that the terminology of the word ******** (Clue: beginning with an F :rolleyes:) related to a political organisation and not a religious one was bullshit in the modern world. He agreed with the common assertion that the term "F*******" to almost everyone's mind whether in the Rangers support or in the general populace was these days used to mean just one thing - catholic. He also went on to argue that the word "***" (clue: beginning with the letter h :rolleyes:), which you have used in your post no less than FOUR times is similarly used to mean "Protestant".

I think we can all agree with the context of his argument. We all know exactly what those terms are used to describe particularly in the West of Scotland, and I would suggest that if you don't wish to appear to be seen as a bigot yourself that it might be an idea to better consider the terminology you use.

Hun appears FIVE times in his post. :)

I agree with the "definition" of the "f" word but I have never known h*n to mean anything other than a Rangers supporter, not a Protestant. Since that mob no longer exist, nobody can be a supporter of it and so the term cannot be derogatory.

That post, coming from someone who uses the term "Natsi", is "a bit rich", as they say.

I agree. Hun was also used by Rangers supporters to happily describe themselves back in the day.

It has never meant Protestant, in itself.

Edited by bluto

*** appears FIVE times in his post. smile.png

I agree. *** was also used by Rangers supporters to happily describe themselves back in the day.

It has never meant Protestant, in itself.

Ach I said at least four times. :rolleyes:

My girlfriend is from the East Coast and she regularly calls me "***". It's quite clear she's not meaning it in a sectarian sense and that she's actually abbreviating the word "honey". However in my experience in the West Coast the word "***" isn't used to describe "Rangers" fans as much as it is used as a sectarian term for protestants.

I'm more than prepared to accept that saintsnextlifetime wasn't intending his post to be seen in a bigoted context but I would suggest that similar to the singing of that "Hello, Hello how do you do" song, that the repeated use of a term isn't advisable if you wish to take the moral high ground in any debate about bigoted behaviour amongst sections of the two Glasgow sides.

Ach I said at least four times. :rolleyes:

My girlfriend is from the East Coast and she regularly calls me "***". It's quite clear she's not meaning it in a sectarian sense and that she's actually abbreviating the word "honey". However in my experience in the West Coast the word "***" isn't used to describe "Rangers" fans as much as it is used as a sectarian term for protestants.

I'm more than prepared to accept that saintsnextlifetime wasn't intending his post to be seen in a bigoted context but I would suggest that similar to the singing of that "Hello, Hello how do you do" song, that the repeated use of a term isn't advisable if you wish to take the moral high ground in any debate about bigoted behaviour amongst sections of the two Glasgow sides.

You have a girlfriend Stuart? Astonishing!!!