Braehead Clan - Marketing Dept Take Note!

You might not like ice hockey or the NFL, fair enough. There is no need to denigrate those who do.

IMO this attitude is typical of the negativity that surrounds Scottish Football and is driving fans away.

Exactly it's a cultural problem in this country where if you like a sport other than football you're slagged and abused!

That's why we can't produce any sports people in any sport. Go to Australia and you'll see a country where if you're good at something and you enjoy it you'll get pushed to succeed hence why they've been so good at a variety of sports for years.

We on the other hand only give importance to football and we're even starting to lose interest in that now! What a shambles of a place!

Eh, Is this not the "General Saint Mirren discussion" page, anyway Ice Hockey is overhyped pish, just like NFL is, It appeals to those who like razzmatazz, and those who say yeah instead of yes, Scorrish instead of Scottish etc, in fact People exactly like Greig Hemphill. It's fake and polluted with North American players who can't get a game over there.

It appeals to the gullible and that's fine by me. It might keep a few nutters off the streets.

You might not like it, fair enough. I hate NFL, Basketball, Golf, Rugby, F1, etc. but I don't go about slating those that do.

Ice Hockey is a fantastic sport, and in my opinion, not too dissimilar to football. Aye (sorry, should have said 'yeah'), it might have a bit of razzmatazz about it, but since when was that a bad thing? Quite often this season I've been to a St Mirren game then made the journey to Braehead to see the Clan, and it's been great escapism after not witnessing a single win at St Mirren Park since last May. People enjoy going to the hockey, and the atmosphere is terrific with fans singing throughout. Anyway, I don't see football and ice hockey competing with each other, so I don't see the problem. I'm always going to be passionate and serious about St Mirren, despite how many hockey games I go to. The buddies come first.

You might not like it, fair enough. I hate NFL, Basketball, Golf, Rugby, F1, etc. but I don't go about slating those that do.

Ice Hockey is a fantastic sport, and in my opinion, not too dissimilar to football. Aye (sorry, should have said 'yeah'), it might have a bit of razzmatazz about it, but since when was that a bad thing? Quite often this season I've been to a St Mirren game then made the journey to Braehead to see the Clan, and it's been great escapism after not witnessing a single win at St Mirren Park since last May. People enjoy going to the hockey, and the atmosphere is terrific with fans singing throughout. Anyway, I don't see football and ice hockey competing with each other, so I don't see the problem. I'm always going to be passionate and serious about St Mirren, despite how many hockey games I go to. The buddies come first.

Well said Sir!

Great post.