Bring Back Gus Macpherson

shull

Queens Park wouldn't be difficult to deal with.

And Wee Baldy would jump at the chance.

Time for action.

Could we maybe get him on loan till the end of the Season and he could return tae The Spiders in May ?

Is that allowed ?

Queens Park wouldn't be difficult to deal with.

And Wee Baldy would jump at the chance.

Time for action.

Could we maybe get him on loan till the end of the Season and he could return tae The Spiders in May ?

Is that allowed ?

Ha ha lol

Wee Baldy would stick 1 huge middle finger at us

For all his faults he wasn't a puppet

That what our BOD appoint these days

No to Danny lennon. I like gary but to big an ask for him. I think we are going to go down and if we do it is because it's been coming last few years and other teams have been just as bad. Last years high finish was not down to great management but other teams crap as well. This year other teams have brought in new players all better quality than us. Anyway I am a st mirren fan and as a fan I support through good and bad but I want to see both the team and fans fighting for us to stay up that means a great performance on the park and a great turnout from fans

Going to the movies IS escapism, sheer entertainment. It is all fiction. Reality cannot intrude.

And mostly there is an ending that can be taken happily and you leave the venue all warm and fuzzy. No harm done.

Professional fitba has not got such luxury. You can be entertained by scintillating football played by EITHER side AND if you have not preloaded all your expectations on one side achieving uncontested victory.

That one side, may be underfunded, lacking quality players, poorly set up, the wind may be in the wrong direction - all stuff that can be adjusted and manufactured for a movie to supply bland entertainment for its purchasers.

I see nothing wrong with (Gus, Williamson or anyBuddie else) trying to explain to sullen fans that a competitive football match is not the venue for just entertainment. Reality always intrudes.

Sadly, some people are not mature enough to understand that and so they're unable to accept the rough with the smooth.

Edited by bluto

Going to the movies IS escapism, sheer entertainment. It is all fiction. Reality cannot intrude.

And mostly there is an ending that can be taken happily and you leave the venue all warm and fuzzy. No harm done.

Professional fitba has not got such luxury. You can be entertained by scintillating football played by EITHER side AND if you have not preloaded all your expectations on one side achieving uncontested victory.

That one side, may be underfunded, lacking quality players, poorly set up, the wind may be in the wrong direction - all stuff that can be adjusted and manufactured for a movie to supply bland entertainment for its purchasers.

I see nothing wrong with (Gus, Williamson or anyBuddie else) trying to explain to sullen fans that a competitive football match is not the venue for just entertainment. Reality always intrudes.

Sadly, some people are not mature enough to understand that and so they're unable to accept the rough with the smooth.

Talk about sticking up for the wee obnoxious one! Football and all sport is classed as a form of recreational entertainment. That's why we pay £20 every 2nd saturday and some away Saturdays to go. Otherwise what's the point. We wouldn't pay £20 to watch someone sit at a desk and make phone calls so there is an obvious difference between normal jobs and football

I'd imagine to illustrate just how far we've fallen. No-one was really a lover of Gus and his tactics but it was a damn sight better than anything that we've produced this season or for huge spells of last season.

Oh how I long for a player in the mould of Alan Reid or Garry Brady. Solid and unspectacular players who, although offering little of substance, would produce enough to keep us just out of the shit and no more.

I though Gus only bettered last season's points haul once in his 4 seasons in the SPL whereas DL bettered it twice.

No to Danny lennon. I like gary but to big an ask for him. I think we are going to go down and if we do it is because it's been coming last few years and other teams have been just as bad. Last years high finish was not down to great management but other teams crap as well. This year other teams have brought in new players all better quality than us. Anyway I am a st mirren fan and as a fan I support through good and bad but I want to see both the team and fans fighting for us to stay up that means a great performance on the park and a great turnout from fans

Pish, there some outstanding performances from the team pre and post split. Wee danny proved he had learned from the hard times and still had enough to come back

If we have to go into a few pamper soiling post-split games, then I don't want MacPherson over Lennon, or either of them over Teale. I would however take Mehmet, Broadfoot, Murray and Van Zanten in the team itself. Who, now McLean has gone, in this squad, looks like they are up for the fight?

I have never thought going back to a manager who has already been at the club is a good idea ? Maybe it's because I tend to think that second time around, things just don't work out as well. I could be wrong about that but that's just my gut feeling on it. So, for me, Gus is never an option, he's been at the club, did well for me, but that was then and this is now !

As for Gary Teale....................I want him to do so well for us, but I just don'y see how he is going to do it ? Lets face facts, the results so far have been poor, we still haven't got our home form sorted out and without solid home form I think we are for the chop ! We are a soft touch at home, other teams arrive at our ground and they know a number of things before they even walk onto the pitch -

1. They are going to score at least once

2. We have not won a home game all season

3. Our confidence is low

4. We are struggling to score

All of these factors must be a boost to visiting sides and for our side, they are a burden and a confidence sapper. Gary Teale has got to find a way to sort that out, the trouble for him is that he is inexperienced as a Manager and that won't help him.

I thought we could benefit from an experienced Manager, just to steady us, get a few results, draws even, just points on the board and sort us out at home first of all. All in all, it's proving to be so difficult, we've lost our way, months ago........and now, we are struggling every week. Painful really.

When I look at sides like Inverness, they prove that smaller clubs with smaller supports can get things right, can compete at the top level and can get consistent winning performances out of their players, with the right direction, coaching, tactics and desire..........we are failing on all these fronts at the minute !

Edited by bonnyrigg saint

bonnyrigg saint.You make very candid points.The appointment of Gary like Craig was a lazy appointment.We waited seven weeks for an experienced wheeler dealer the words used by Mr Gilmour himself.Now I want Gary to succeed so we should now get an experienced manager in to work as a twosome.Gary needs experience to lean on-fact.In the meantime get Longwell back to his old job.The BOD need to wake up and smell the coffee quickly.They have done enough to muck up this horrible season so far and should make an effort at least to try and right their wrong-doings.

Talk about sticking up for the wee obnoxious one! Football and all sport is classed as a form of recreational entertainment. That's why we pay £20 every 2nd saturday and some away Saturdays to go. Otherwise what's the point. We wouldn't pay £20 to watch someone sit at a desk and make phone calls so there is an obvious difference between normal jobs and football

I never found him obnoxious.

The League Cup that St Mirren won?

I imagine you found the games leading up that victory as entertaining?

How do you imagine Celtic or Hearts fans feel about them?

I'm sure you would argue they were entertaining matches - I certainly thought so. :)

In the League Cup Final that St Mirren didn't win, I'm sure the huns fans probably found that VERY entertaining with their 9 men victory...

It wasn't, I feel.

Same with the H-word game.

I should have gone to the cinema for those matches. So should you for all Gus's games... and many more I think.

You have no right (nor should you have expectation) to be 'entertained' at football. Despite your £20 investment.

Gus was a great manager at St Mirren. The progression we made under him was immense and he sustained it. He's the best Saints manager I've ever seen.

He was here for a long time and the time was right for him to leave when he did. I'm pretty sure he won't ever be back, certainly not under the current BOD.

Of course, he won't be back.

By the end his fitba was gruesome to watch.

DL seemed to have transformed the team into something easier on the eye - and he DID get some results. Some great results.

TC - shite from the start to a not-soon-enough end.

GT - got a lot to prove and the sands are running swifter and swifter....

He can be a hero. :)

Underlying all these opinions is the reality that these managers were hamstrung by budgetary restrictions...

Of course, he won't be back.

By the end his fitba was gruesome to watch.

DL seemed to have transformed the team into something easier on the eye - and he DID get some results. Some great results.

TC - shite from the start to a not-soon-enough end.

GT - got a lot to prove and the sands are running swifter and swifter....

He can be a hero. :)

Underlying all these opinions is the reality that these managers were hamstrung by budgetary restrictions...

No different from most managers then. Ronny Deila at Celtic would have been expected to compete with big teams in the Champions League, but his budget would have hamstrung his chances, and so it goes on at most clubs with supporters having varying expectations as to what their clubs should hope to achieve, and which other clubs they are similarly sized, funded, and matched up with.

Whatever budget our last three managers HAVE had, it hasn't been spent entirely wisely. That's being kind. We have spunked away much of the budget on shite. Or a conveyor belt of lightweight kid loanee midfielders who were either played out of position or were papped back to parent clubs quick smartish.

Successive managers have assembled increasingly unbalanced squads, with defensive frailities consistently left unaddressed, despite the fact a management team of Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli would realise it was soft as a baby's first shite. It is a poor defence that consistently fails to give us a solid foundation from which to actually win some fcuking games, especially those in which we've actually taken the lead, which is a fair few.

Ach, fcuk it. Why rant? We're a wee diddy team, have no budget, no Roy McGregor, no right to mix it with the ICTs and St Johnstones of this world, and we are an over-expectant, quick to criticise bunch of moaning-faced bawbags who should realise the club was saved in 1998 and we simply need to turn up, pay up, put up, and shut up.

Plus, Oaksoft says we are all jessies.

Edited by pozbaird