Positive Things About Being A Buddie

Kemp

We are not bigots

We are the best looking in the west

The year 2000

Tom hendrie is a legend

Let us never forget We will never support celtic

Or rangers. Buddies together.

Oh Dear!!! Pretty sad if that's the best you can come up with!!!

Putting up with all the shit times make you appreciate when we achieve against all the odds!! clap.gif

life is never dull

the good times are so rare that when they happen they are AMAZING AND IN OUR MEMORIES FOREVER

we are St.Mirren till we die

As a West Ham fan I definitely think there is truth in this. When you have so many bad times shoved down your throat it makes the good times taste all the more sweeter.

I see no pleasure in expecting to win the league every year. You either end up disappointed or you just meet expectation, you never get the feeling of over achieving, that must be horrible.

Give me the life of a Hammer or a Saint over a Celtic or a Chelsea any day of the week.

As a West Ham fan I definitely think there is truth in this. When you have so many bad times shoved down your throat it makes the good times taste all the more sweeter.

I see no pleasure in expecting to win the league every year. You either end up disappointed or you just meet expectation, you never get the feeling of over achieving, that must be horrible.

Give me the life of a Hammer or a Saint over a Celtic or a Chelsea any day of the week.

Yip exactly - winning the league in 2000 I can still remember SO SO much of that season the games, goals, so much! Could a celtic fan remember loads about every season they have one - I doubt it very much.

A wee bit more success would be nice tho haha, but even the relegation battles are memorable haha

Frank McGarvey in his book claims that the two greatest achievements of his career were with Saints in 1977&1987. They were occasions for celebration! Everything won in the East end was cause for relief! "Keeps the fans off our back for another wee while!"

That feeling of celebration is what being a fan of clubs like ours is all about!

We have some days in the sun, and they are real highs, we have a proud and sincere footballing history for a Provincial club. Four major glittering prizes , I've witnessed two being brought to the Town on an openTop bus. The support is hard core, loyal , often impatient , but true, often frustrated, but not full of glory hunting part time fan dans.

We dare to believe, time after time after time ! We never let jaw dropping failure knock our belief that some sort of mad euphoric dream is just round the corner

We have struggled more than we've won, we do things wrong , back to front, and we do things to others surprise, we are a nuts football club, just when we seem to promise to establish and progress, we implode. It's speckled right throughout our history.

We were the first team that had a brilliant All Black strip.

We were probably one of the few teams that had a player that scored a hat trick in an away leg in Europe, then be winning at home only to %£$&&*"!!?**&

My dad's dad was a buddy, so was his dad, my dad is a buddy , so am I and so is my lad, not bad ............................onwards but rarely upwards.

We have some days in the sun, and they are real highs, we have a proud and sincere footballing history for a Provincial club. Four major glittering prizes , I've witnessed two being brought to the Town on an openTop bus. The support is hard core, loyal , often impatient , but true, often frustrated, but not full of glory hunting part time fan dans.

We dare to believe, time after time after time ! We never let jaw dropping failure knock our belief that some sort of mad euphoric dream is just round the corner

We have struggled more than we've won, we do things wrong , back to front, and we do things to others surprise, we are a nuts football club, just when we seem to promise to establish and progress, we implode. It's speckled right throughout our history.

We were probably one of the few teams that had a player that scored a hat trick in an away leg in Europe, then be winning at home only to %£$&&*"!!?**&

My dad's dad was a buddy, so was his dad, my dad is a buddy , so am I and so is my lad, not bad ............................onwards but rarely upwards.

Great post.

It may not have changed my life, but it's changed my sig.... :) Ta.

I remember listening to the radio coverage that night when Brian Gallagher scored an away hat trick in Sweden, the presenters were wondering when it had last happened with a Scottish team.( the assumption being it had been many years) Lol, the answer was , oops , the previous night, Paul Sturrock scored one for Dundee Utd in Ireland, lol.