St Mirren V Hamilton Accies 28/02/15

Well done to the lads today, Our best players on the day were Gow, Genev before he was replaced, Sadiler was excellent when he came on, And was great see McGinn back to somewhere near his best, And big mention to Tess and our supporters, The fans got right behind Tess and it made me proud to be a Buddie again, Great to see Tommo back on the scoresheet again, COYS

Edited by santaponsasaint

Good, battling performance from us today and deserved the win. Better side in the first half but thought their keeper was going to have one of those days as he'd made some great saves before the goal.

Felt even before his goal Thompson was looking back to his old self, McGinn is getting back to where he should be and Dayton was tremendous. Three new boys all looked good as well.

I agree we were the better team, but we've played better this season and lost. It was hardly as if we were battering their door down and making chance after chance.

They were utterly hopeless. Hasselbaink and Scotland in particular, completely blunt and disinterested.

Regardless, we won, and that's all that matters. However we will need to improve if we are going to get anything in Perth and Kilmarnock next month.

Maybe we've played better but we haven't looked that solid for a while.

Goodwin and Genev should be first choice whenever available.

Edited by Questions?

A really hopeless game between two very poor teams. The conditions weren't great granted; driving wind and rain throughout. Regardless, that would have made the most enthusiastic of neutrals eyes bleed. The simplest of passes went astray.

For us Saints fans, superb stuff. A clean sheet and a lesser spotted home win. What more can we ask for? Well, results elsewhere may have not went our way, but all we can do is win our game.

I guess we deserved to win overall, we were probably slightly the better team. We were still rubbish though. I thought our best players were Gow, Genev (sadly injured at half time) and Dayton. The latter of the 3 played a starring role in the games only goal. Great overlap and ball in for the Thommohawks first goal of the season. The legend may be past it this weather, but his presence and personality on the pitch remains a great help to or cause.

Like I said prematch, Accies have been excellent in the 3 matches id seen them in this season. Talk about night and day. They were terrible today, the worst side I've seen in Paisley this season by a distance. It's amazing how much a managers departure can affect a side.

Their scenario kind of reminds me of their situation in 08/09. Impressive, then their top boys all left, then relegated the next season. Just another case of history repeating?

Anyway, we won. Onwards. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone away are our only games in March. 6 points please.

The manger aye but more so the loss of their two goalscorers, sold or left in the transfer market.

A really hopeless game between two very poor teams. The conditions weren't great granted; driving wind and rain throughout. Regardless, that would have made the most enthusiastic of neutrals eyes bleed. The simplest of passes went astray.

For us Saints fans, superb stuff. A clean sheet and a lesser spotted home win. What more can we ask for? Well, results elsewhere may have not went our way, but all we can do is win our game.

I guess we deserved to win overall, we were probably slightly the better team. We were still rubbish though. I thought our best players were Gow, Genev (sadly injured at half time) and Dayton. The latter of the 3 played a starring role in the games only goal. Great overlap and ball in for the Thommohawks first goal of the season. The legend may be past it this weather, but his presence and personality on the pitch remains a great help to or cause.

Like I said prematch, Accies have been excellent in the 3 matches id seen them in this season. Talk about night and day. They were terrible today, the worst side I've seen in Paisley this season by a distance. It's amazing how much a managers departure can affect a side.

Their scenario kind of reminds me of their situation in 08/09. Impressive, then their top boys all left, then relegated the next season. Just another case of history repeating?

Anyway, we won. Onwards. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone away are our only games in March. 6 points please.

3 pts guaranteed in Perth as i should be there

Not the greatest game but a gutsy fighting performance, and a cracking build up for the Hawks goal. I was very impressed with Genev who looks strong and assured and a big hard bassa, just what we need at this crucial stage.

️Dayton Sadlier and Gow all played well for me considering how little game time the latter two have had this season.

The Hamilton player McKinnon should have seen red, the guy is a total ned who was well out of control but only the West stand Linesman and the ref can explain why he wasn't sent off.

Personally thought game was ruined by weather but we did create a few good chances which keeper saved, where I don't remember being over concerned with them, a few free headers were gifted to canning though

overall seen us play better and lose, just happy to win and only disappointment was other results

wasnt actually sure Thommo scored or whether OG

I'll say one thing, at least we have genuine options now. Great to see Sadlier and Sonupe coming off the bench and actually doing something. Finally, players that can come on and change a game! Sadlier in particular looks very good.

Great win. Let's keep it going.

I'll say one thing, at least we have genuine options now. Great to see Sadlier and Sonupe coming off the bench and actually doing something. Finally, players that can come on and change a game! Sadlier in particular looks very good.

Great win. Let's keep it going.

For the first time in a long long time I would say that recent signings have improved us and given us options!

Well played Gary Teale!

Sadlier in particular looks a great player in the making. Fantastic move for the goal started with him on the left. Dragging players out of position and laying it on for Dayton.

Dayton encouraging the West Bank great to see also.

Thommo immense and took goal well. McGinn getting back to his best. Gow linked the play up a bit better second half.

Genev looked like the no nonsense big centre half everyone has been wanting for years. Kept I simple and only one minor mistake.

Back four otherwise played really well. Kelly for recent criticism had a solid second half at the back.

Wylde battled well with Naismith particularly at the end with the ball in the corner for 2-3 mins running down the clock. Effort is all you need to give to keep everyone happy!

Sonupe looked good in 4-5 mins on the park.

Another few performances like that and confidence will return...need to take care of our own business and that is how to do it!

Perhaps black and white specs on but we were miles better than Accies. I agree we could have been better but we were the better team by a long way and had the game to lose most of the match.

Now these posts are what I call accurate reports of today's game.

Their keeper made three great saves, two were certainly top drawer. I also thought we could have had a penalty. It could have easily been 3-0 Saints and comfortable. We created space and chances. Well done to all. I thought everyone did well today especially the new boys who were coming into a struggling team with a lousy home record.

Pleased for Snoopy not to be coming on at 2-0 and 3-0 down. Canning had a good header for them, but it was a comfortable 1-0. What on earth Ridgers was doing letting that ball bounce over his head was anyone's guess though - just catch the thing without letting it bounce!

Other than that, good all-round solid battling performance from a St Mirren team who can enjoy a beer tonight, and they earned it!

Doesn't Saturday night feel a whole lot better after a win. Today, at last we looked like a team who wanted a win and deserved a win. OK, the quality wasn't the best, but neither were the conditions. All of the new players showed they are much better than the players that have replaced. IMO Dayton is the pick of the new guys and the others not far behind. For our next match I would go with the same starters apart from Sadlier to replace Kelly.

Just wanted to say I thought Jim Goodwin was right on it today. Cleared his lines, won headers, thundered through Imrie cleanly, never put a foot wrong. He really does seem to have stopped the snide elbows and shit, and referees are pretty much treating him as just another player now, and Jim is doing a grand job in just playing his game and not attracting attention. Long may it continue.

It wasn't pretty, the conditions were awful but the boys got the job done. 3-0 would not have flattered us as their keeper had two wonder saves in the first half. We looked solid all day long and were hardly troubled by Hamilton's front line.

Was very impressed by Genev, looked solid and composed and will be a real threat at the other end. He and Goody must be the first choice pairing now. Dayton was superb and Sadlier and Snoopy had good cameos when they came on. And Goody? Has cut out all the rough stuff and looked solid and organised. Hardly put a foot wrong all day.

Hamilton? They were utterly honking, a complete shadow of the site that took the piss out of us in the second game of the season. Can only see them struggling big time next season. And the wee ned that was their number 18 should have walked. Allan shat that particular decision big time after his challenge on Naismith. No doubt about it, if that was Goodwin then Allan would have had no hesitation in brandishing the red card.

A clean sheet, monkey off the back, Thommo getting his first goal of the season and three vital points. Will enjoy Saturday night for once and my beer will taste that little bit sweeter this evening.

Oh and to the stewards in the West Bank - you are a complete shower of fuds.

Just wanted to say I thought Jim Goodwin was right on it today. Cleared his lines, won headers, thundered through Imrie cleanly, never put a foot wrong. He really does seem to have stopped the snide elbows and shit, and referees are pretty much treating him as just another player now, and Jim is doing a grand job in just playing his game and not attracting attention. Long may it continue.

Goodwin was excellent today, after the Bulgarian went off he completely marshalled the defence and talked Naismith and Kelly through the rest of the game, his experience was instrumental in our 1st home win of the season.