Tess Calls Paisley A Shithole

dakota7

I haven't seen the article yet but on the back of tomorrow's Record there carries a headline with Tess slating Paisley. If this is true it's yet again another slap in the face for our fans.

Is there anything our precious wee fans won't get ludicrously upset about? lol.gif

Paisley is a shithole. Pure and simple.

Streets covered in dog shit and litter, houses and gardens in some areas indescribable.

What would YOU call it?

"Fans in Holland will go to the stadium, watch the match and then go back to everyday stuff. But football is much more a part of people’s lives here.

“That is certainly the case for St Mirren’s fans as Paisley has little else to offer. People here prefer to spend the little money they have left on the club than on their families. Their passion drips from the stands.

“It is not the case that fans in Scotland sing throughout the matches – they swear above all. But the game means a lot to them, I understand that".

In fairness, Tess, the BoD, management and his team mates have done a lot of excellent social re-conditioning in this area. I find it very hard to get very enthusiastic about the club/team/game anymore.

Well done everyone.

Wow. He's done a wee bit more than slag off the town there. lol.gif

I feel this might be a bit of selective translation. (Apart from the Paisley shithole statement and, let's be honest, how wrong is he?). If you read between the lines you could interpret some of what he says differently.

Saints fans care so much for their team they'll scrimp to gatr to games.

Saints fans are so passionate they share that passion in their own way.

And.

He wasn't exactly complimentary re Killie.

We might be a sh*thole of a town but it seems some of us are delicate wee souls!

I feel this might be a bit of selective translation. (Apart from the Paisley shithole statement and, let's be honest, how wrong is he?). If you read between the lines you could interpret some of what he says differently.

And.

We might be a sh*thole of a town but it seems some of us are delicate wee souls!

Be prepared for plenty of foul mouthed replies..................which proves the point.

PS This will develop into a "it's got nice bits and not so nice bits" debate. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

My issue with him is he should be speaking positively about the club and saying about staying up no negativity.

I've hardly heard any fighting talk from the club at all, plenty from Ross County and they have improved.

We need some fight and passion from the players, that's a minimum requirement!

We were interviewed for the Final Chapter book and the journailst printed it was an entire history of St Mirren's 100 plus years at the ground. I was called about the Inverness Flag Day story by Highland Constabulary because after another normal interview, it was said that angry St Mirren fans would be marching on Inverness. The stories I could tell you about my wife's time in the fire service in regard to sheer unadulterated LIES in the papers?

I was born in Paisley, brought up in Johnstone Castle and Spateston and now live in Cumbernauld. I will defend these places to anyone, but let's be frank, they are not Monte Carlo, Sydney's Northern Beaches or the Maldives...

Tesselar hasn't racially abused anyone on Twitter, battered his missus', stopped a black man getting on the train at Gilmour Street, or appointed Tommy Craig as manager.

Now, where's that pinch of salt when you need it?

And.

I agree. He sounds to me like he's erudite and has properly thought out what he was trying to say. The article doesn't sound nearly as negative as I anticipated having read the early posts. The shithole bit disappoints me too but as we've seen again today a lot of St.Mirren fans agree entirely. A lot of the same 'fans' struggle to find one good word to say about our team. It has always been so.

If only Paisley was like London. Or New York or Paris or Rome. Or Rio. None of those places have a slummy, shitty bit.

"St Mirren Park is just six years old, nice but nothing special. But you find funny things about it, such as the away team’s dressing-room. The coat-hooks have been deliberately fixed high up so our opponents feel smaller. The place is mostly dark, and that seems to give us a psychological advantage as well."

Well this ain't working. Let's put the coat hooks 6 ins off the floor and set up some spotlights in time for the Accies at the weekend. First ten minutes, half of them will have done their backs in and the other half will be stumbling about bumping into the hoardings.

Edited by AllyM

I agree. He sounds to me like he's erudite and has properly thought out what he was trying to say. The article doesn't sound nearly as negative as I anticipated having read the early posts. The shithole bit disappoints me too but as we've seen again today a lot of St.Mirren fans agree entirely. A lot of the same 'fans' struggle to find one good word to say about our team. It has always been so.

If only Paisley was like London. Or New York or Paris or Rome. Or Rio. None of those places have a slummy, shitty bit.

Good post. Didn't we have a discussion on here once about Scottish cities and towns, and we pretty much all agreed that St Andrews was a nice place - almost all of it, but everywhere else had good and bad aspects to them?