Things You Would Like To Change About (New) St. Mirren Park

Doakes

I have read the stuff on the forum for years and never previously posted on any topic but I feel really strongly about this so here goes :

"If I could change one thing about our new stadium it would be the facilities for wheelchair users and others with limited mobility who sit in the front of the stand and take an absolute soaking on any wet day. This is a disgrace and surely more important than video screens and other non-essentials.

On the next wet day just take a minute and look at the folk in front row sitting in capes and all other kinds of wet-weather gear getting drenched. I admire their dedication to watching their team and do not feel that they are being treated with respect or consideration"

I would end my wee rant by inviting one of the directors to come and try it on the next day that it is pouring with rain. If it is wet this Saturday against Accies this would be a nice gesture and an indication that the support of some really loyal fans is not just taken for granted.

COYS

What I'd like to see changed at St. Mirren Park is a new manager, a new assistant manager and a new head of youth development.

We need a clean sweep to get rid of the guys currently occupying these positions.

We can maybe set up another thread for your posts, and call it the Character Assassination Thread or something. Might be worthwhile, as it'll save you the hassle of cluttering regular threads with this pish.

Build more turnstiles, simply not enough.

Paint the horrid grey panels in the Main Stand black and white

Enlarge the tiny St Mirren Football Club sign in the Main Stand to a half decent size.

Paint the shoddy grey breeze blocks under the stands.

Get hot running water in the toilets.

Enclose all the bare electric and plumbing work under the stands to make it look semi-professional.

Wash the seats at least once a week, twenty quid to sit on manky seats is not on.

Sort out the electronic entry system, a complete nightmare when it goes wrong.

Paint black and white stripes on the outside panels of each stand, especially the Main Stand which looks like a cheap and shoddy finish (reminds me of the new Mill Street flats).

In actual fact bulldoze the purpose built cheap and nasty place (all the soul of a local supermarket) and return to Love Street.

Dearie me, dearie, dearie, dearie me indeed.

I shall tackle this young uns outburst with my usual touch of sense, wisdom and erm rightness.

1) Do not touch the turnstiles, they are fine. I can shuffle through them in jig time. My favourite ever turnstiles.

2) I like grey and the greyness in our stadium emphasises the modern tone of the stadia. Keep the grey.

3) The Saint Mirren sign is utter perfection, understated style unlike a big garish cheap thing.

4) The grey breeze blocks are unpretentious indeed. They look super smashing.

5) Hot water at the football is for Bovril and pishing. Continue to save the planet by providing only cold water in our toilets.

6) Keep the exposed pipes and cables. It looks raw and highly professional.

7) The seats are perfectly clean and I much prefer a natural dusting of err dust than wanky polish any day.

8) Love the electronic entry system. Along with the turnstiles utter perfection is achieved and it never goes wrong.

9) I love the finish of the stands, modern and professional. So good in fact that the architect of the Mill Street flats copied it. We are a design icon!

10) Apply to have the stadium listed. It is an architectural gem that personifies perfection and much better than what we had at Love Street before it was bulldozed.

Other than maybe improve the climate of our country I would change nothing.

Let's use a vinyl wrap then!

Yo! Let me hear you say ay-oh!

On Greenhill Road, saw myself some vinyl,

I said yo' bitch! Is that shit final,

Stuck it up, took the grey away,

The HoF boards wait yet another day.

Ah-oh! Do the vinyl rap,

This season has been fcuking crap....

Have I got this idea right? It's been a while since I've been 'down with the kids'.

Edited by pozbaird

I have read the stuff on the forum for years and never previously posted on any topic but I feel really strongly about this so here goes :

"If I could change one thing about our new stadium it would be the facilities for wheelchair users and others with limited mobility who sit in the front of the stand and take an absolute soaking on any wet day. This is a disgrace and surely more important than video screens and other non-essentials.

On the next wet day just take a minute and look at the folk in front row sitting in capes and all other kinds of wet-weather gear getting drenched. I admire their dedication to watching their team and do not feel that they are being treated with respect or consideration"

I would end my wee rant by inviting one of the directors to come and try it on the next day that it is pouring with rain. If it is wet this Saturday against Accies this would be a nice gesture and an indication that the support of some really loyal fans is not just taken for granted.

COYS

Well said and welcome.

Facilities for wheelchair users at Love Street looked perfect at the rear of the Family Stand.

Should've been replicated at Greenhill Road.

I would like to see the four corners filled in with gigantic advertising boards similiar to Hibs Easter Road Stadium.Would like also to see airline advertising on the stand roofs.All the aforementioned would increase commercial income.Would be willing to give naming rights to our stadium if there is an interested sponsor for a substantial sum.

At least that would stop numpty media folk, (and some on here), from calling it NEW Saint Mirren Park!

1. Swap around the main stand and the West stand and 2 move them further away from the road. Fill in the corners. Increase the angle of the banking.3 Have a permanent Saturday 'fans cafe' for families.. 4. Brighten the whole place up with a few tins of Dulux.

1. Why ?

2. Totally agree, having such a huge car park round back & little room out front seems odd.

3. Can i have a Beer there ?

4. Agree. But as long as its kept fresh. Faded , peeling paint would look worse than the current concrete block.

Love street had identity and the black and white roof made it unique to any other ground. We need to try and make our new home stand out and be memerable to anyone who goes to a match there. Problem is that the stadium we have to work with now is not the best and would take a lot to make it stand out

Edited by Big Yards

1. Why ?

2. Totally agree, having such a huge car park round back & little room out front seems odd.

4. Agree. But as long as its kept fresh. Faded , peeling paint would look worse than the current concrete block.

1. Makes more logistical sense.

2. Same reason as 1.

3. Naw

4. Surely there are a few painters amongst the fan base who could volunteer to help with a regular spruce up?

Lost in asia.

Stadium changes is it, remember why we had to leave our beloved Love Street? Debt and danger , the danger came from a long list of prescriptions devised by the RDC to ruin what was left of a great old club.

As for filling in the corners or a Tynecastle clone? Behave yourselves a wee crowd in a wee stadium is far better than the likes of Rugby park or Fir park with a quarter full and an atmosphere like a burial at woodside cemetery!

Our old home was built for 60,000 ,aye it wiz, and the closest we came was 47,000... well if you don't count the mid week league cup game against the ***** in the early eighties..so my point is even if we end up playing at the racecourse and changing at the kibble it's still ,"Che' sera sera"

Mon a Mirren

That's a bit obtuse...

NO RESERVED SEATING IN THE WEST BANK and W4 SAFE STANDING WILL CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE THE PLACE HAS BEEN LACKING SINCE IT OPENED.

Sick of getting mates to come to football and only seeing them at half-time.

ETA: The Void converted to a matchday bar/function suite would also help with cash and atmosphere.

I'm all for having a safe standing area, but if it were just one section of the West Bank then people sitting in the neighbouring sections wouldn't be able to see past those who were standing. Would make more sense to have safe standing in the South Stand.

I'm all for having a safe standing area, but if it were just one section of the West Bank then people sitting in the neighbouring sections wouldn't be able to see past those who were standing. Would make more sense to have safe standing in the South Stand.

That might limit the "singsong" as many of those who want to help the atmosphere are occasionally less than modest with their language.

I can just hear it now.

"The referee is a ............. bad boy!"

If the west stand safe standing area was near the goal line it wouldn't impede anyones view

Edited by stlucifer

That might limit the "singsong" as many of those who want to help the atmosphere are occasionally less than modest with their language.

I can just hear it now.

"The referee is a ............. bad boy!"

If the west stand safe standing area was near the goal line it wouldn't impede anyones view

Or relocate the family section. Always thought the view from behind the goal isn't great if you're trying to hold a child's attention on the game. In saying that, I sometimes struggle to hold my own attention on the game from the West Bank...

1. Why ?

There is enough space to build a social club within our perimeter as a seperate entity which would allow evening / weekend / match day activities & drinking without it impacting on the 'corporate match day experience '.

This is turn could generate income , from parties / fan nights etc. ?

Edited by whydowebother

I would like a great big sign that extends the whole length of the stadium facing Greenhill Road that states the name of the stadium ie St Mirren Park. Maybe then journos and our own supporters will know the stadium does not nor ever has the word 'New' associated with it :)

I would like a great big sign that extends the whole length of the stadium facing Greenhill Road that states the name of the stadium ie St Mirren Park. Maybe then journos and our own supporters will know the stadium does not nor ever has the word 'New' associated with it smile.png

If you had placed such a sign at the old place d`you think anyone would have paid attention ?

The very fact we have to keep bleating on about people calling it by the wrong name shows how little impact the place has on peoples psyche.