Some Atmosphere Please

Hendo

And no, I'm not talking about the dodgy Russ Abbott song.

Lets face it, a morgue has had more life about it than Greenhill Road has for most of this season. We need total backing, shouting, singing and even swearing tomorrow for what is very close to a must win game.

COYS!

I now can't get that fecking song out my head. Damn you, Mr Abbott, damn you!

Edited by Hendo

Lets face it, a morgue has had more life about it than Greenhill Road has for most of this season. We need total backing, shouting, singing and even swearing tomorrow for what is very close to a must win game.

COYS!

Tess said we had plenty of swearing , i'd ask for more clapping and singing .

COYS!

Preferred the original by Joy Division.biggrin.png

The atmosphere at away games is better because all the St Mirren fans in attendance are in one stand - as opposed to spread across three different stands. Generally this means facing three sides of home fans and generates a sense of being up against it, us against them, with the home team generally being the favourite. We get behind our team as the sense is that we are in enemy territory and they're out to get us. There's more of them and they all hate us, the media have tipped the home team to win. It is unfamiliar territory. It isn't Paisley, we are all in this together.

The atmosphere is shite at home games because we are almost unfailingly pish and the malaise ON the park transfers to the stands and we all think 'Fcuk sake, here we go again, anyone want to take this fcuking season ticket off me?'.

That's my theory anyway. When's the last time, in a home league game, we had a good, comfortable, no nonsense win? 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0 the Saints? Sit back, light a metaphorical cigar and sing 'We can see you sneaking out'?

The atmosphere at away games is better because all the St Mirren fans in attendance are in one stand - as opposed to spread across three different stands. Generally this means facing three sides of home fans and generates a sense of being up against it, us against them, with the home team generally being the favourite. We get behind our team as the sense is that we are in enemy territory and they're out to get us. There's more of them and they all hate us, the media have tipped the home team to win. It is unfamiliar territory. It isn't Paisley, we are all in this together.

The atmosphere is shite at home games because we are almost unfailingly pish and the malaise ON the park transfers to the stands and we all think 'Fcuk sake, here we go again, anyone want to take this fcuking season ticket off me?'.

That's my theory anyway. When's the last time, in a home league game, we had a good, comfortable, no nonsense win? 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0 the Saints? Sit back, light a metaphorical cigar and sing 'We can see you sneaking out'?

To tell you the truth

Last season when we were beating Ross County 2-0 and were looking to add to that as we were all over them

Totally one sided then Collum abandoned the game

I know we beat the bhigots 4-0 but they were always in the game until we scored the 2 late goals

We also beat Ayr 5-1 in the cup but that Ross County game was the only time i felt comfortable in a league game

To tell you the truth

Last season when we were beating Ross County 2-0 and were looking to add to that as we were all over them

Totally one sided then Collum abandoned the game

I know we beat the bhigots 4-0 but they were always in the game until we scored the 2 late goals

We also beat Ayr 5-1 in the cup but that Ross County game was the only time i felt comfortable in a league game

We will never know if we would have seen that through though. Seems like the last candidate for a 'comfortable' home league win was a 2-0 win over Hearts - two years ago to the day.

The most comfortable win that I remember recently was our 2-0 victory against Hibs, when Goodwin was set off on the strength of that odious cúnt Kevin Thomson's pathetic squealing.

Immediately after Goodwin was wrongly sent of, I thought, "That's us fúcked". However 10 minutes later Hibs hadn't mustered even a vague attempt at an attacking move and I thought that we were very comfortable.

We cantered home in the end, because Hibs were absolutely shite.

Edited by FTOF

The most comfortable win that I remember recently was our 2-0 victory against Hibs, when Goodwin was set off on the strength of that odious cúnt Kevin Thomson's pathetic squealing.

Immediately after Goodwin was wrongly sent of, I thought, "That's us fúcked". However 10 minutes later Hibs hadn't mustered even a vague attempt at an attacking move and I thought that we were very comfortable.

We cantered home in the end, because Hibs were absolutely shite.

Haven't we only won one home league game since then? Fucking hell, that's depressing.