Kilmarnock V St Mirren. Premiership. 14/3/15

shull

Got my tickets for Rugby park next week, hopefully as many buddies as possible will make the trip down to Ayrshire and get right behind the boys in what is a very important match. A point would not be a disaster depending on other results, but 3 points is really what we need to keep the pressure on the other bottom 3 teams. Partick are now involved which makes it more interesting.

Edited by class of 76-77

1 win in a row would be inbeleivable

You know we have one win in a row at the moment yeah? Inbelievable Jeff! :1eye

Our goal last week was well worked and showed the potential of our new forward players. Sadlier cutting in from the left and beating players in the process before making perfect pass to Dayton who's always bombing down the right. The beard then clips in a perfect ball for Steven Thompson to stick in the onion bag.

If we can get these 3 fit and firing i think we have enough fire power to get goals and get up the league. Dayton and Thompson are experienced and proven, and we have seen glimpses that show Sadlier has something about him.

For that reason I hope Kieran starts on Saturday. I'd like to something along the lines of:

Ridgers

Naismith-Genev-Goodwin-Tess

McGinn-Mallan

Dayton-Gow-Sadlier

Thompson

Results weren't ideal today but they could have been worse. The worst outcome would have been a Motherwell win. They will be disappointed they never got one after playing at home to a bottom 6 side who had 10 men for over half the game. County's win keeps Thistle in the picture, so although it's not ideal it's not all bad.

Kilmarnock away next week and St Johnstone away the week after before the international break for us. Both winnable games I think... Would settle for 3 points out of 6 now though.

You know we have one win in a row at the moment yeah? Inbelievable Jeff! 1eye.gif

Our goal last week was well worked and showed the potential of our new forward players. Sadlier cutting in from the left and beating players in the process before making perfect pass to Dayton who's always bombing down the right. The beard then clips in a perfect ball for Steven Thompson to stick in the onion bag.

If we can get these 3 fit and firing i think we have enough fire power to get goals and get up the league. Dayton and Thompson are experienced and proven, and we have seen glimpses that show Sadlier has something about him.

For that reason I hope Kieran starts on Saturday. I'd like to something along the lines of:

Ridgers

McGinn-Mallan

Dayton-Gow-Sadlier

Thompson

Results weren't ideal today but they could have been worse. The worst outcome would have been a Motherwell win. They will be disappointed they never got one after playing at home to a bottom 6 side who had 10 men for over half the game. County's win keeps Thistle in the picture, so although it's not ideal it's not all bad.

Kilmarnock away next week and St Johnstone away the week after before the international break for us. Both winnable games I think... Would settle for 3 points out of 6 now though.

You really need to stop sniffing glue.

Eh ok...? You saying results couldn't have been worse? You do know that a Well drew at home to 10 man Killie yeah?

Eh , you do know that as a result of those "not all bad " results we`re....... BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE !!!! blink.png

I agree we should try & look for the positive in things..... but there`s positive & delusional ! huh.png

Eh , you do know that as a result of those "not all bad " results we`re....... BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE !!!! blink.png

I agree we should try & look for the positive in things..... but there`s positive & delusional ! huh.png

Yes I do.

I don't see what's delusional about saying results weren't ideal but they could have been worse.

Are you agreeing with me and therefore calling yourself delusional, or are you saying results couldn't have been worse?

Have you ever considered a role as labour party spin doctor ?

Ignoring a point, then answering a question with a question... And then asking me if I want to be a spin doctor?

I'll be the spin doctor you be the politician okay?

You know we have one win in a row at the moment yeah? Inbelievable Jeff! 1eye.gif

Ridgers

McGinn-Mallan

Dayton-Gow-Sadlier

Thompson

Kello has to come back

Motherwell will continue to pick up points due to McDonald

Ross County have a pulled out a run from nowhere but due to their hit and miss signing policy seem to found a winning formination.

You're right about both winnable games and i hope we put out teams to go for wins unlike Aberdeen when we accepted defeat before a ball was kicked

As St Johnstone showed the other night every game is winnable

Ignoring a point, then answering a question with a question... And then asking me if I want to be a spin doctor?

I'll be the spin doctor you be the politician okay?

Which question do you want answered :

Did the results go for us today ? ..... NO. One team continued their winning streak & pulled three points clear & another ,who up till last week had been considered "in freefall" secured a very valuable point which left us firmly rooted o the bottom of the league.

Do i take any positives from today ? very few. The old saying goes , i`d rather have points on the board than games in hand..... well , those games in hand f**ked us today !

Given events today, Am i happier this evening that i was this morning .... NO.

Which question do you want answered :

Did the results go for us today ? ..... NO. One team continued their winning streak & pulled three points clear & another ,who up till last week had been considered "in freefall" secured a very valuable point which left us firmly rooted o the bottom of the league.

Do i take any positives from today ? very few. The old saying goes , i`d rather have points on the board than games in hand..... well , those games in hand f**ked us today !

Given events today, Am i happier this evening that i was this morning .... NO.

You said I was delusional. What part of my post was delusional?

When DID we last win five in a row? Any stattos out there?

Last time we won five in a row was like buses!

2005-06 in the First Division we not only won five in a row, we did it on three separate occasions!!!

20/08/2005 St Johnstone McDiarmid Park 2-1

27/08/2005 Brechin City Love Street 1-0

10/09/2005 Queen of the South Palmerston Park 1-0

17/09/2005 Clyde Love Street 2-0

24/09/2005 Airdrie United New Broomfield 1-0

25/10/2005 Stranraer Stair Park 2-1

29/10/2005 Queen of the South Love Street 2-0

12/11/2005 Clyde Broadwood 2-1

15/11/2005 Brechin City Glebe Park 3-2

26/11/2005 Hamilton Academical Love Street 2-1

18/02/2006 Stranraer Love Street 3-1

11/03/2006 Queen of the South Love Street 1-0

18/03/2006 Clyde Broadwood 1-0

21/03/2006 Brechin City Glebe Park 3-0

25/03/2006 Airdrie United Love Street 2-1

Last time we did it in the top flight was over two seasons.

We won the final three games of 1980-81 and the first two in 1981-82.

For all in the same season it is back to 1935-36 when we did it twice!!

But records are being broken this season, so it's about time it was a good one like this!!!

We have never really been able to win a run of games in the top flight. There is something very wrong with that. I do not believe we will see saints win five in a row but they must take points from.the next two matches if we are to stay involved. Last week I said lose to Hamilton and we would be finished. Consider had we lost and the other two won and this week again scored points we would be in huge trouble. Wasn't a bad shout that yet some angrily denied losing to Hamilton would be a disaster. I now say we Can not afford to take no points from the next two games as celtic will destroy us on good Friday for sure.