Kilmarnock V St Mirren. Premiership. 14/3/15

shull

Tommo should have been hooked at half time as should Kelly who was outmuscled and outfought for everything. Poor judgement by Teale IMO.McGinn was our best player although Gow played well. Could have done wirh someone running off him.

Would like to see Sandlier getting a start but if the manager thinks he and Sanupe are not good enough to get into our first 11, why sign them.

It does not look good.

Division on here between optimists and pessimists and which of them has the moral high ground.

The reality is that most of us (especially the BoD) have been kidding ourselves on for most of the season that we are good enough to stay up.

I watched the excellent Tony Fitzpatrick YouTube video earlier today (strongly recommended) which makes our present plight hard to stomach. We have a very proud history and tradition as one of the founder members of the Scottish league. The Ferguson/MacFarlane/Clunie era was one when we aspired to greater things than mere survival in a very ordinary league. During that golden period we actually recorded 7 out of 8 points (when it was just 2 points for a victory) against Celtic in one season.

What saddens me most on this forum is that, whilst accepting that we have no divine right to be in the top tier of Scottish football, a lot of Saints fans have adopted the limited ambition adopted by the Board and are resigned to a mere survival mentality. Unfortunately even that now seems beyond us.

We urgently need some positive and creative forward planning to recover from the mess we are in now.

This is the best post I've read on here for a while.

It does not look good.

Division on here between optimists and pessimists and which of them has the moral high ground.

The reality is that most of us (especially the BoD) have been kidding ourselves on for most of the season that we are good enough to stay up.

I watched the excellent Tony Fitzpatrick YouTube video earlier today (strongly recommended) which makes our present plight hard to stomach. We have a very proud history and tradition as one of the founder members of the Scottish league. The Ferguson/MacFarlane/Clunie era was one when we aspired to greater things than mere survival in a very ordinary league. During that golden period we actually recorded 7 out of 8 points (when it was just 2 points for a victory) against Celtic in one season.

What saddens me most on this forum is that, whilst accepting that we have no divine right to be in the top tier of Scottish football, a lot of Saints fans have adopted the limited ambition adopted by the Board and are resigned to a mere survival mentality. Unfortunately even that now seems beyond us.

We urgently need some positive and creative forward planning to recover from the mess we are in now.

That is never going to become reality until the club are sold. We have been drifting to tipping point for three seasons now, utterly hamstrung and bereft of any snap , dynamic plan or ambition.

It is shameful, it is also sad and just one big feckn self inflicted mess

It does not look good.

Good post.

At the end of the day our BOD made a colossal mistake in appointing Tommy Craig and I think they have made almost as big a mistake by taking the risk of appointing Gary Teale until the end of the season (just to save a few £££). Once Craig got the bullet everyone (except our clueless BOD) could see we needed a tried and tested manager to pull us clear of danger, not a player/very inexperienced coach with no track record. I've nothing against Teale (he's been a good servant for us) but for me, he's failing as St Mirren manager and I don't see any significant signs of improvement despite him being able to bring in his own signings.

I'm not a pessimist normally but can't see us staying up - we ARE the poorest team in the league and - so far - don't deserve to stay up.

It sucks, it really does. Thousands of us turn up week in week out, part with our hard earned cash and support the team, but our BOD couldn't give a f**k. We are being short changed and the whole club is on a downward spiral.

Don't know what else to say.

Tommo should have been hooked at half time as should Kelly who was outmuscled and outfought for everything. Poor judgement by Teale IMO.McGinn was our best player although Gow played well. Could have done wirh someone running off him.

Would like to see Sandlier getting a start but if the manager thinks he and Sanupe are not good enough to get into our first 11, why sign them.

I can't understand brining in guys on loan and not playing them. I agree, why bring them in and not play them....... Doesn't make sense.

Yes.

The appointment of Tommy Craig was a monumental f**k up. His sacking came too late, yet the BoD still fannied about for 6 or 7 weeks before finally appointing Gary Teale on a substantive basis. Two further mistakes rolled into one right there.

The club is a rudderless shambles, and the decisions that have been made this season reflect that in all too sharp relief. It's very hard to argue that we don't have the drop coming. The club has coasted to the position it is in now. It was avoidable, and that is the real shame.

Obviously it isn't over yet, and we shouldn't roll over, but it is more difficult every week to stay interested. Sadly, I can't remember ever having felt quite so resigned.

Edited by Drew

I can't understand brining in guys on loan and not playing them. I agree, why bring them in and not play them....... Doesn't make sense.

Both Sadlier and Sonupe have shown more in their short stints than Wylde has done all season.

Why Wylde even gets on the bench ahead of either the lads totally baffles me.

Just in after a 200 mile round trip... bawz!!!

Killie were no better than us today and a draw would've been a fairer result. I agree with puzzlement at Dayton being hooked. He has quality, a good work ethic and can create. Kelly found himself in fantastic positions today and failed miserably. McGinn reads the game well and broke up their play on loads of occasions, but really lacks vision going forward and any scoring threat. The amount of times he won the ball and turned back where he should've been steaming forward. The God that is Thommo shouldn't play more than a half(it pains me to say). Sadlier looks a really exciting player and caused Killie problems when he came on. He's due a start. Gow is a really good footballer and will hopefully get even better with games. Think most teams in the league would take Goodwin in their team(on his current run of form).

We played some nice stuff in spells today, but we are so feckin slow going forward.

Pure frustration tonight. We have some quality in the squad but not enough time to build on it.

Oh eye, ....and Magennis is a tool.

Wylde is a total waste of a sub everything he does is utter pish. Can't bear guys anymore can't cross pointless he gets a game because who he is

Would much rather see sanoupe and Sadler play. They are fresh sbd opposition players don't know them and there strengths and weaknesses

There is now no doubt we'll be in championship. Like I say. We could almost be relegated by tone if split. We're currently two games behind county if they pick up points in in three next few games were away. Same as Motherwell. We need to win both the games v county and we'll

When you lose 3 games to muck like killie then you know you are going down.

I think we will finish bottom with a few games to spare. The board should have sacked Tommy Craig sooner and never have appointed Gary Teale as his replacement. I said to my makes that Gary Locke would have been a decent appointment. :-(

#almostgivenuponusstayingup :-(

Edited by Mr Zo

Pull yourselves together for f**ks sake.

We are a new team since we bagged that useless shite Craig. Today is a sore one but we can still do this! Lets ignore the forum idiots like top cat, shull & faraway saint that wanted us to keep Craig and be relegated, we can still do this if we get behind the team!

Interesting how the goals have dried up since Kenny got flogged, no movement up front - Thommo a legend but finished and he should be benched. I think it's improbable we will survive this season and the blame lies firmly with the BOD. We should give Sonupe and Sadlier a start, they are young but they have pace and ability. It's the last throw of the dice we have nothing to lose now.

Easy thing to say now but the club should never have allowed Mclean to be sold in January. Gentleman's agreement or not. He was almost singlehandedly grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and dragging a very poorly performing squad up the table and slowly edging towards safety.

The board really have made some monumentally awful decisions this season.

We have allowed ourselves to become massive favourites to be relegated from one of the weakest top flights I can ever recall. It really is soul destroying stuff as all so avoidable. Why?:-(

Easy thing to say now but the club should never have allowed Mclean to be sold in January. Gentleman's agreement or not. He was almost singlehandedly grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and dragging a very poorly performing squad up the table and slowly edging towards safety.

The board really have made some monumentally awful decisions this season.

We have allowed ourselves to become massive favourites to be relegated from one of the weakest top flights I can ever recall. It really is soul destroying stuff as all so avoidable. Why?:-(

Thats it in a nutshell. Blame lies fairly & squarely with BOD.

I think the lack of back bone is our defence this season. Would love to be more positive but my mood is reflective of what I and all saints have endured this season. Sorry I can't see a Spring uprising from Saints unless we try something different hence gambling with the boys brought in by Teale.

Have to agree with most of the moans and groans I am hearing, both at home and away games. We have no pace compared to other teams-at least we do not really use it.

Attacks are pedestrian, usually leading to a passback. We do not commit enough players forward to support an attack.

We seldom deliver a decent cross. We seldom string a decent set of passes together.

Today McGinn and Mallan had better games than recently, winning ball regularly and breaking up play. But how many time did they find a Saints player with a pass?

Kelly is not a winger. It is damning that he is having to be played in that position as Wylde is so poor. McGinn has done better in that position, but we lose so much of what he can do when he is on the left.

The damage was all done in the first half of the season, particularly our home form. Winning at home in February is just too late. Ironically, our away form is probably better than last seasons, in terms of wins anyway.

The league is made up of decidedly average teams, with average players, but they can put the ball in the back of the net. The Jags putting three past the fakes today, summed up the difference between us and the rest.

However, it is still not all over... after the next two games we are playing bottom six sides for remaining games. I do feel we are destined to go down, but we need to keep behind the team despite everything and hope we can get the rub of the green in some of these games and sneak 10th.

Absolutely scunnered with that performance. We don't have a squad that look like they're capable of a relegation dog fight. infact, we don't have a squad that looks like they're capable of challenging at the top end of a P&D league down the racecourse!

If we somehow manage to make it into 11th and a play off place. I don't fancy our chances vs any championship team at all. We're absolute dug shite.

I wish folk would climb out of Thompson's arse and let him know the shite he subjects us to every Saturday is totally unacceptable. He's the captain & a supporter like us, i've yet to see him encourage his team mates or a rallying call to get the confidence up - especially today when he coasted through 90mins unfussed. He either needs to be a late impact sub or Teale needs to let him know we expect much better.

As for Gregg Wylde. I think it summed it up when the away support noticed Teale calling Wylde back down trackside to get changed and we all shouted 'NAAAAAWWWWWWWW'. He's a woeful footballer that adds f**k all.

I'd drop Thompson and play Gow up top with Dayton or Sadlier in behind. Lets start playing football on the deck and through the midfield. Stop this nonsense of punting the ball and giving it straight back to the opposition.

Have to agree with most of the moans and groans I am hearing, both at home and away games. We have no pace compared to other teams-at least we do not really use it.

Attacks are pedestrian, usually leading to a passback. We do not commit enough players forward to support an attack.

We seldom deliver a decent cross. We seldom string a decent set of passes together.

Today McGinn and Mallan had better games than recently, winning ball regularly and breaking up play. But how many time did they find a Saints player with a pass?

Kelly is not a winger. It is damning that he is having to be played in that position as Wylde is so poor. McGinn has done better in that position, but we lose so much of what he can do when he is on the left.

The damage was all done in the first half of the season, particularly our home form. Winning at home in February is just too late. Ironically, our away form is probably better than last seasons, in terms of wins anyway.

The league is made up of decidedly average teams, with average players, but they can put the ball in the back of the net. The Jags putting three past the fakes today, summed up the difference between us and the rest.

However, it is still not all over... after the next two games we are playing bottom six sides for remaining games. I do feel we are destined to go down, but we need to keep behind the team despite everything and hope we can get the rub of the green in some of these games and sneak 10th.

Totally agree with your summary. I don't get to many games but I do turn up from time to time and I could "greet" because of the way we play. Last time I watched us was against Inverness in Paisley, possibly the worst football match of all time because Inversneck who had a man sent off just after half-time had sussed us out and sat in. We f**ked about passing the ball between our back 4 before McAusland thumped the ball up the park. Pish of the highest order.

It was dire and even then I thought our season was f**ked. I'm hoping Motherwell and Ross County hit a bad patch and we can at least have a play off but I think we're going down.sad.png