Damage To St Mirren Park

Best Lamp "post" on the forum for years.............. brightened up my morning no end.

Here was me thinking the dark days of TC's reign were over and that there was light at the end of the proverbial............... not so sure now.

I have it on good authority it was taken out by Goody's late tackle, neither the ref nor the polis saw it, so they are relying on video evidence to pursue the culprit. Jim's keeping a low profile, a bit like the lamp post.

Has Jonathan Sutherland asked Michael Stewart and Pat Bonner's on Sportscene while examing the incident zoomed in?

Has Jonathan Sutherland asked Michael Stewart and Pat Bonner's on Sportscene while examing the incident zoomed in?

Pat Bonner still hasn't seen that Guni Torfason header whizz past him fae' big George Michael's cross, how could he possibly see this incident?

Edited by pozbaird

The door adjacent to the wall damage has been skelped also . The Club should take steps to cover the hole in the wall before the weather/rodents get into the structure of said building. .

If you kept going thru the wall you'd be in the Pie Stall.

I don't think we have to worry about rodent infestation.

If you kept going thru the wall you'd be in the Pie Stall.

I don't think we have to worry about rodent infestation.

On that note , Man Utd stadium has a MAJOR infestation of mice throughout all their concession stalls and have been receiving daily visits to rectify it for the last month !!

Must be decent pies there ? Or would that be 'prawn sandwiches ' ?

I did say when they built the navy warship that the main stand was far too close to the road where crowds would be queuing for tickets, going through turnstiles etc. this was a lucky escape that the car smashed into the wall on a midweek day and not on a match day

Yeah.

That would never have happened at Love Street.........................................

Yeah.

That would never have happened at Love Street.........................................

There were parking bay in shots at the love street end. It wasn't just pavement then busy road, the turnstiles were further away from the danger of the road

Plus love street was built before the invention of the car! We had the opportunity to plan a safe new stadium properly in the 21st century!!

Edited by Big Yards

There were parking bay in shots at the love street end. It wasn't just pavement then busy road, the turnstiles were further away from the danger of the road

Plus love street was built before the invention of the car! We had the opportunity to plan a safe new stadium properly in the 21st century!!

Really ?

No, they weren't.

Indeed.

The queues regularly spilled onto the road at Love Street.

Anyway, as I said earlier the f**kwit who crashed must have travelling well over the speed limit. Not something you're likely to witness on a Saturday afternoon, when the place is crawling with the local constabulary.

I think he's having difficulty remembering that it was only the width of a pavement that separated the turnstiles from the road.

Must be at least 4x that at the new ground.

Edited by FTOF

Indeed.

The queues regularly spilled onto the road at Love Street.

Anyway, as I said earlier the f**kwit who crashed must have travelling well over the speed limit. Not something you're likely to witness on a Saturday afternoon, when the place is crawling with the local constabulary.

I think he's having difficulty remembering that it was only the width of a pavement that separated the turnstiles from the road.

Must be at least 4x that at the new ground.

Didn't they cut a big triangular chunk out of the corner between Love Street and the stand and move some turnstiles inside it? Even when we had big crowds in the old days, traffic was no problem. The cars crawled and wouldn't have dared bump anybody. The cops kept an eye on the traffic and what there was moved at crawling pace. That included buses. Many a time the queues at the turnstiles were right across the road to the pavement outside the North School.

The point is we had a chance to build a new stadium that was safer for fans queuing or going through turnstiles and we didn't do it. Probably because it would've cost a wee bit extra money!

I think the fact that we have to stand in the pissing rain to get a ticket then stand again in the pissing rain to get in through the ridiculously pitiful amount of turnstiles is beyond a joke in this day & age.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

The point is we had a chance to build a new stadium that was safer for fans queuing or going through turnstiles and we didn't do it. Probably because it would've cost a wee bit extra money!

Doubt there will be any queues in the foreseeable future.