New Boiler

Mr Zo

Hi fellow buddies,

I am looking to replace the boiler in my house, no not the wife, and was wondering if anyone is in that line of work. I have had a company out who have quoted between £1800 and £2200 for the Potterton, Valiant or Ideal.

I have been told by people at work that you could probably get someone out to do it as a homer for around half the price. Any tips or help would be much appreciated. :-)

Cheers

Mr Zo

Make sure any "homer" has the relevant certificates for installing a boiler.

You don't want to wake up deid one morning.

Think unless they're CORGI registered, certain insurance claims related to your heating system may be invalid too.

Not that it matters if you're deid.

P.S. Other than transforming into a zombie,can you actually "wake up deid"? death.gif

Edited by FTOF

anyone installing a boiler and not registered to Gas safe is breaking the law.

As well as gas leaks, there are emissions, pressure issues and water safety regs to consider.

There will be gas leaks, emissions, and pressure issues in my underpants post-split.

Stand clear folks.

Can recommend Paul McLanachan (PM Gas & Heating Services). Fitted a new Worcester Boiler, which needed some re-plumbing, removed the hot water tank, and raised the flue to current height standard, all for £1730 (got some cashback from some Energy Efficiency scheme on top of that). 5 Year Warranty on the boiler. Has done some other work for me since (replacing Gas Hob, fitting new radiators) and been happy each time with price and service. will PM with details.

Check out energy savings trust , they may have grants / interest free loans , for anything that saves energy , I managed to get an interest free loan over 8 years for solar panals and double glazing , and also £400 scrappage towards a new gas boiler . probably recommend a Worcester bosch bolier , but don,t be shy getting a few people round to give you a price , well worth a wee phone call to phone the energy saving trust , as there might be new initiatives out in the new financial year.