Relegation Beckons

Hate to say it but it's happening, Ross County are doing what they always do after the January transfer window and are going to be well clear soon, so it's between us and Motherwell for 12th place or getting pumped by Hibs in the relegation playoff.

The board have a lot to answer for, they've made a right c**t of it, it's heartbreaking.

I hope we don't drop but I think without the saints specs we are the weakest side and crucially we dont score goals. I don't want to be down but I just Cant see us troubling Killie at all. I suspect the plastic pitch will be a problem and thommo won't enjoy it at all

I hope im wrong

Hate to say it but it's happening, Ross County are doing what they always do after the January transfer window and are going to be well clear soon, so it's between us and Motherwell for 12th place or getting pumped by Hibs in the relegation playoff.

The board have a lot to answer for, they've made a right c**t of it, it's heartbreaking.

Aye they do. If it wasn't for them the club would be long gone and we wouldn't have to read shite like this.

If we go down, we will deserve to go down. We have a new look to the team in comparison to Craig's joke of a squad. Dayton and Gow look like they can create and grab a few goals, if Teale can get the best from Gow( no easy task). Hopefully Genev will shore up the defence a bit, give us some much needed bite and grab goals from set pieces. Also think McGinn could be massive for us in the run in. If he gets back to his best, which he's starting to show signs of, he can boss midfields.

It's still in our hands and is going to be a big ask, but with a bit of fight, belief and luck we can get 10th spot. Pressure on us at Killie next week, but we train on astro regularly. Bit worried about Thommo and Viktor though. It's a tough game, but if we don't think we can win this game, then we should chuck in the towel now.

Hopefully during their two weeks off, Gary has got the team 'tight', with the new signings settled but more importantly, they are well pumped up for Saturday. Winnable games against County, Motherwell and possibly Partick will decide it, but we do need to keep in touch. We have now played the same number of games and know where we stand now, even if it is bottom. I'm bricking it already, but there's still some twists and turns ahead, but we're not down yet.

It'll be exactly what our BOD deserve for resting on their laurels and hoping for the best. Gilmour's "we'll be fine" coments at the Q&A spoke volumes about the apathy within the club.

Both our rivals got points yesterday but they are not world beaters. I know it is better to be lucky than good however at some point luck isn't enough. Motherwell were are home and playing against 10 men and only got a point and scored with a penalty. County we being overrun by Thistle when they managed to score with their first attack. Thistle were also reduced to 10 men but County had to hold on for their victory. If both had won a comfortable 3-0 then I would be more concerned.

Team wise we are now as good as both of our rivals. We have to play both of them twice. We have to hold our nerve and believe in victory and not give up before a ball is kicked. It is still in our hands and our last game has given me belief we have the players to do it. Get behind the players. Show them we believe we can stay up.

Cannot agree. They have played those around them and done well. 3 points ahead and Thistle also in the mix? What if we did the same? Why can't we do the same? A lot of twists and turns.

Both our rivals got points yesterday but they are not world beaters. I know it is better to be lucky than good however at some point luck isn't enough. Motherwell were are home and playing against 10 men and only got a point and scored with a penalty. County we being overrun by Thistle when they managed to score with their first attack. Thistle were also reduced to 10 men but County had to hold on for their victory. If both had won a comfortable 3-0 then I would be more concerned.

Team wise we are now as good as both of our rivals. We have to play both of them twice. We have to hold our nerve and believe in victory and not give up before a ball is kicked. It is still in our hands and our last game has given me belief we have the players to do it. Get behind the players. Show them we believe we can stay up.

Got it in one. Well said. Win the right games and we stay up.

It's hard to keep your pecker up when Saints are in diffs, but what's new? I've got a notion we'll be OK but it's going to be tough. We have to beat County and hopefully in addition to that get at least another four points from the three away games. And knowing our wee team we just might beat Celtic. I wouldn't put it past them. Supporting St.Mirren was never meant to be easy.

Lets not forget we have put together not a bad starting eleven , and if Thommo and Meatball can find there best form , we should be able to put a good run together , what we haven't had is a run of luck , no lucky goals , no dodgy penalties and no dodgy sending offs for the opposition , so assuming all things even out over the season , we should be okay.

We're going to be playing Motherwell and County twice each and Partick once.

Another 5 games on top of that.

A quarter of the season still left and people are giving up. lol.gif

I couldn't work alongside some of you guys. All your negativity would do my head in.

Apparently when the going gets tough the tough start crying into their hankies.

I felt for a long time our time was up, and we were going down. We have had (as other bottom six clubs had), a certain degree of a comfort blanket in Gretna, Hearts administration, an ill-prepared Dundee to make life easier. This season those situations are gone, and there's a playoff too. Appointing Tommy Craig, the BoD seemingly not giving much of a fcuk, poor signings, no home wins.... I thought we were doomed.

However.... Gary Teale has made headway in mopping up Tommy Craig's shite. Thommo' is on the way back at least, if not fully back. Arquin gives an option to rest Thommo. Gow has talent, started well against Accies. Dayton looks decent, Snoopy was thrown on initially when we were 2 and 3 goals down, but looked lively against Accies. Sadlier looks to be a talented player, Genev (hope his injury isn't bad!) really did look like the CB with attitude we have needed. Goodwin has knuckled down, he's actually playing really, really well. There are other good signs - a bit of fight and dig was certainly on display when the Accies game got a bit tousy.

We are far from doomed. There is now genuine hope we can fight our way out of this.

Yes yesterday's results could have been better and yes we are bottom of the league and it could easily be doom and gloom but i I'm still looking forward to killie next week. Genev looked decent and a threat in the opposition box at set pieces, Gow had a decent start and should get better. Dayton is improving every week, Sandlier was impressive both wide and through the middle. Sanupe has looked ok in his small cameos. Tommo looked like his old self after he got his goal. Mcginn had a better game ladt week without still hitting the heights. We can win on Saturday

Whilst relegation isn't a certainty, it is a distinct possibility, either by dint of finishing bottom or being beaten in the playoff games.

I'd say we need at least 5 wins between now and the end of the season.

As much as we've shown some improvement of late, I'm not confident that we have the necessary winning mentality to get us out of the hole that we're currently in.

I haven't been to an away game since the opening day of the season, but I'll be heading down to Kilmarnock next week to lend my support.

If we get a result and I see that the players are fighting for their livelihoods, then I might even make the journey to Perth the following week.

So we sit bottom without playing and losing, yet another creeping irony around this creepy rank rotten shit fest of a season.

Quite frankly we sit where we deserve to be , last, our whole approach to this season has been nothing short of shameful, as a club in its entirety, not just the first team form. I fear 2014 2015 is going to leave some deep scarring.

We have winged it too long now , and frankly we are now reeling in what we set for, namely hee haw.

It may be that St Mirren might escape relegation , hell we are among some right shit teams in a low quality Spfl this season, but honestly, I feel that this season a lot of us already know that this team is likely to be taking the drop. We allowed these shit teams leverage and a five month start on us, a gap that might prove too much of a reach to recover.

What angers me most about our position is that its the result of utterly shit decision making and a complete lack of plan and ambition for this season.

Totally self inflicted nonsense. Slowest of train wrecks and still to completely unravel.

But yet, fans, we'll still pay in cash and heartache and support , expecting some kind of miracle.