Relegation Beckons

On P&B the Thistle fans reckon they are now in freefall with no sign of improvement and little chance of winning any more games. They draw great parallels with Hibs ie 'no need to worry or make an effort as we have points on the board so it doesn't matter if we lose a few games'. When that happens you suddenly wake up to the fact that you are now in the same shit as teams around you and have got to find a fighting spirit from somewhere and Hibs couldn't. We have known for a long time the shit we are in and we have a pedigree of team spirit and getting out of tight situations. Thistle are just entering this situation.

And what a defeatist bunch the Thistle supporters are! :)

Aye, that would be the Thistle team that beat Dundee Utd 2-0 recently? It will come down to bottle post split.

U

Silly to be throwing in the towel at this stage. 50% of the games we have left are against the three teams around us.

The 10 games we have left are most likely going to be;

Motherwell (H&A)

County (H&A)

Partick (H)

Kilmarnock (H&A)

Dundee (A)

St.Johnstone (A)

Celtic (H)

Aside from Celtic at home I don't see any reason why we can't pick up points in any of the other 9 games there.

It's going to be very tight but it's important that we remain positive and behind the team.

defeatest. We will pump celtic 1-1 Edited by BIG BEN

If being realistic is a bad thing then fine. Faraway, shall and some others just can't have anything bad said about the team. We deserve to be 12th and in my opinion I think we are the least we'll equipped to stay up. We lack goals and that friends is what will eventually be our undoing. Hope v much that I'm wrong but be honest were right up against it and Killie away is a venue we will struggle at once again

If being realistic is a bad thing then fine. Faraway, shall and some others just can't have anything bad said about the team. We deserve to be 12th and in my opinion I think we are the least we'll equipped to stay up. We lack goals and that friends is what will eventually be our undoing. Hope v much that I'm wrong but be honest were right up against it and Killie away is a venue we will struggle at once again

Norrie, you're getting mixed up with realistic and always seeing the worst possible scenario.

You, and some other nuggets, have had us relegated for a while this season and, while it's a possibility, you have stated for some time we will go down.

The doomsday "supporters" have been at it for years and I'm sure IF it happens this year they will rejoice.

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just glad I don't have the same dour outlook on our club and life as you and other dullards. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Silly to be throwing in the towel at this stage. 50% of the games we have left are against the three teams around us.

The 10 games we have left are most likely going to be;

Motherwell (H&A)

County (H&A)

Partick (H)

Kilmarnock (H&A)

Dundee (A)

St.Johnstone (A)

Celtic (H)

Aside from Celtic at home I don't see any reason why we can't pick up points in any of the other 9 games there.

It's going to be very tight but it's important that we remain positive and behind the team.

Div there is no way they will give us 4 home games after the split looks like Motherwell or Kilmarnock away 3 times this season

The board of directors are entirely responsible for this season. They have caused this disgrace

A disgrace is having foodbanks in Scotland.

A disgrace is people being paid less than the Living Wage.

Losing a few football matches and getting relegated?

A disgrace?

Really?

No wonder fans of other sports laugh at football fans. Absolutely no sense of perspective at all.

No way will I ever allow watching a bloody sport to become life or death.

Not even taking part - just watching.

Who does that and justifies it by calling it "passion"?

It's pathetic is what it is.

Get a life Norrie. We'll stay up or we'll go down. Real life will go on regardless.

Edited by oaksoft

A disgrace is having foodbanks in Scotland.

A disgrace is people being paid less than the Living Wage.

Losing a few football matches and getting relegated?

A disgrace?

Really?

No wonder fans of other sports laugh at football fans. Absolutely no sense of perspective at all.

No way will I ever allow watching a bloody sport to become life or death.

Not even taking part - just watching.

Who does that and justifies it by calling it "passion"?

It's pathetic is what it is.

Get a life Norrie. We'll stay up or we'll go down. Real life will go on regardless.

No-one is comparing St Mirren's footballing plight to the need for foodbanks, bombs in Nigeria, Delhi bus rapes, IS destroying ancient sites, Ebola, floods, famine or plagues of locusts.

In a footballing sense, the Tommy Craig reign, some of the signings, and the results this season have been a disaster.

Not disaster like the Glasgow bin lorry crash, the 911 attacks, or the dreadful starvation in third world Greenock... But you know that.

Edited by pozbaird

Div there is no way they will give us 4 home games after the split looks like Motherwell or Kilmarnock away 3 times this season

:)

Good point!

Extra excellent days away with a United Saints support and not at the grey concrete box. Better chance of winning those, too!

I'm glad someBuddie can see the optimistic side of things.:)

smile.png

Good point!

Extra excellent days away with a United Saints support and not at the grey concrete box. Better chance of winning those, too!

I'm glad someBuddie can see the optimistic side of things.smile.png

Always look on the bright side of life.

being relegated may not be a bad thing

if you get it right like hearts ,hibs and get team on park dont think it would take

alot off planning ,crowds would increase hopfully win more home games

and get rid off over paid players who have got us into this situation

new team ,new manager new board

new hope

if you get it right like hearts ,hibs and get team on park dont think it would take

new hope

Why ever do they call you "mad saint". :o Edited by bluto

There is two things for sure in life one is we are all going to die and the other is we WILL be relegated this season.

Ah good old Elvis. The place has not been the same since you took leave if absence with your negative diatribes with lack of negative postings..... Oh wait, your disciples have kept your seat warm.

new hope

Hearts and Hibs might come up and get relegated next Season.