Relegation Beckons

No-one is comparing St Mirren's footballing plight to the need for foodbanks, bombs in Nigeria, Delhi bus rapes, IS destroying ancient sites, Ebola, floods, famine or plagues of locusts.

In a footballing sense, the Tommy Craig reign, some of the signings, and the results this season have been a disaster.

Not disaster like the Glasgow bin lorry crash, the 911 attacks, or the dreadful starvation in third world Greenock... But you know that.

Exactly.

I think it's fair to put the blame at the feet of the board as they clearly got it horribly wrong with the appointment of Tommy, and it remains to be seen if sticking with a rookie for the run-in was a wise move.

They have got a lot more right than wrong during their time in the boardroom though and it will be a real shame if their legacy will be remembered as being the absolute shambles that season 14-15 has been.

I honestly can't remember a season I have enjoyed less than this one, and that includes the dark days under Coughlin, Bone and Hay. It's been absolutely rank right from the start, when we played Motherwell off the park yet still managed to lose.

Div, you're clearly a prophet of doom, a knickerwetter, and not a real St.Mirren fan!! ;-)

I'm sensing more than a wee touch of 'man-envy', there....

Aye, ok, I admit it. I'm jealous that Faraway Saint can eat his weight in chocolate whereas I don't know what chocolate tastes like as I apparently had a serious reaction to it as a youngster and I've never eaten it since.

FFS bluto, don't quote the cnut, he can run around fantasising about me all he likes, I just don't need to read it.

lol.gif

If you are telling the truth when you say you have me on "ignore", I can only presume that you recognised yourself from the post that Bluto quoted. Or are you finally admitting that Saint Sad was indeed one of your many aliases? ohmy.pnglol.gif

As for the bit in bold - there's that irony again! laugh.png

We know who yours is, Timothy.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist biting, Slarti. My post was entirely for your benefit!

As Faraway Saint's pimp would say "I'll set 'em up and you finish 'em off!" youngman-sign.gifjerry.gif

By the way, my name isn't actually Timothy but nice try.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. There's no such thing as bad publicity or is it unrequited love?

I think you may be onto something there, Rick. When I first joined he sent me a few PMs asking to meet him round the back of Buchanan Street Bus Station and because I said no he went all "airy-fairy" on me for want of a better expression.

An awful lot of name calling on a post about....................."Relegation Beckons" ???????????

Sorry I won't succumb to mediocre mud slinging at fellow posters and try and concentrate on the subject!

A lot of posters here haven't had the dubious pleasure of watching a crap team trying to play with black & white stripes as a shirt. Sadly I have and it can be a very painful experience. Some of the relegation teams were terrible, I don't put this team in that category, but they are where they are because of an extremely bad start to the season which then went from bad to worse as we stuck with the same tactics and personnel.

However, and I do add that word intentionally, we haven't been getting humped 5, 6 or 7 nil which was a regular occurrence in several of our previous relegation tussles. A lot of our defeats have been by the odd goal and if we had a couple of players (that we have now) who can create and maybe find the net, then these narrow losses may have been avoided with at least a point and maybe 3.

I haven't given up hope, but the Board do need to put their collective heads on the block if the facts are true that they want to sell and only potentially see a sale if the club are in the Premier League!

I don't understand why a relegation thread was started after our first home win in 745 years! We have brought in some decent players and they will be starting to settle in now. Every game must be treated like a cup final and if we can get a result against Killie then the confidence will improve. Hopefully wee McGinn can get his form back as well to lessen the impact of losing Mclean. Season starts now, forget the pish we endured under Tommy Craig.

Your reply to Bluto was for my benefit? Whatever you say.

Do you practice at being silly or does it just come naturally. If you remember (hard for you, I know, I know), the post by me which you quoted was in reply to RickMcD, not Bluto. Unless your paranoia has overtaken your senses again and you believe RickMcD is actually Bluto. As you are a little inflicted, I shall take pity on you and show you how the conversation went...

It's hard to keep your pecker up when Saints are in diffs, but what's new? I've got a notion we'll be OK but it's going to be tough. We have to beat County and hopefully in addition to that get at least another four points from the three away games. And knowing our wee team we just might beat Celtic. I wouldn't put it past them. Supporting St.Mirren was never meant to be easy.

Indeed it never has been and never will be.

By the way Rick, who is our "big team"? ohmy.png

We know who yours is, Timothy.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist biting, Slarti. My post was entirely for your benefit!

As Faraway Saint's pimp would say "I'll set 'em up and you finish 'em off!" youngman-sign.gifjerry.gif

By the way, my name isn't actually Timothy but nice try.

Your reply to Bluto was for my benefit? Whatever you say.

1eye.gif Given your avatar and alias name, I expected better. Given your track record, I should not have expected better.

Obviously the name was in reference to your love of Celtic and not in reference to your actual first name, which nobody gives a f**k about.

I never knew that Celtic's nickname was "Timothy"? Oh, wait, I get it now. It's your bigoted hatred of all things to do with Catholicism coming out now. I don't know why you would feel the need to express such extreme views on a St. Mirren related website but then I'm not of your mind nor ilk so why should I understand your extremist views. At least I know I'm not a fan of Celtic, whether you choose to believe me or what the voices in your head tell you is entirely your business.

Edited by iTony

Aye, ok, I admit it. I'm jealous that Faraway Saint can eat his weight in chocolate whereas I don't know what chocolate tastes like as I apparently had a serious reaction to it as a youngster and I've never eaten it since.

My big brother told me that as well.

The unfit chocolate bar eating con artist that he is.

Why play offs best we can hope for? Ffs, we are 3 points behind 10th. If we were 9 or 10 points then I could perhaps understand the pessimism, but 3 points and 10 games left?

Sensible post alert. You're on the wrong forum with such common sense ;)

I don't understand why a relegation thread was started after our first home win in 745 years! We have brought in some decent players and they will be starting to settle in now. Every game must be treated like a cup final and if we can get a result against Killie then the confidence will improve. Hopefully wee McGinn can get his form back as well to lessen the impact of losing Mclean. Season starts now, forget the pish we endured under Tommy Craig.

Think the OP is getting a lot of undeserved criticism on here!! Wasn't it in response to a set of positive results after another set of positive results for our 2 closest rivals!!??

As I see it, that doesn't mean Luther was slagging the team off or being ultra-negative. Sounds more like he was bemoaning the upturn in fortunes of Well & County, and the fact that we really didn't need to be in the position we're in, if the board hadn't made it such a wankmangle of a season!!

However, I don't speak for him, it's just how I interpreted his OP.

Think the OP is getting a lot of undeserved criticism on here!! Wasn't it in response to a set of positive results after another set of positive results for our 2 closest rivals!!??

As I see it, that doesn't mean Luther was slagging the team off or being ultra-negative. Sounds more like he was bemoaning the upturn in fortunes of Well & County, and the fact that we really didn't need to be in the position we're in, if the board hadn't made it such a wankmangle of a season!!

An element of truth in your opinion.

The posts after the OP have degenerated into the easy option of predicting the worst case scenario.

The board have played a part, but the continual blame aimed at the them is, as usual, narrow minded.

There's a lot to summarise that has led to us being where we are but it's the seemingly desire of many to see us already relegated that is tiresome.

To be honest i expected County and Well to get results. It's what we do that counts from now on, if we lose more games than them we deserve to go down but i think we are a slightly better team than we were a few months ago. If Thommo can get the service he might still save our season.

I think the good thing for us is that finally there are signs we might have a few useful players who've come in, some others coming back to fitness or form, and most importantly I think, from what everyone's been saying about the win over Accies, a bit of fighting spirit at long last.

It's a bloody shame we've had to wait this long, and let's hope it's not a false dawn. But it looks as though all bottom 3 teams have got reasons to at least be more hopeful than in recent months.

Thistle will be looking over their shoulders now a bit more too. And it isn't it a bastard that Hamilton had such a good start cos they're falling faster than Ashley Young in an opponent's penalty box.