R.i.p Buddie

So sad to convey this news to fellow Buddies, but lifelong St Mirren fan Alan "Feezie" McPhee died yesterday in Jersey General Hospital. Feezie was a committed Saints fan and a gem of a man. Any time we met we would enthusiastically discuss all things St Mirren and I always left feeling refreshed and somewhat melancholy for the old days of going to games regularly. In spite of distance Feezie would get to as many games as he could and loved his team. We did not meet often enough and that is my loss. He will be sorely missed by his many friends in Jersey and has gone too young. Please take a moment out of your day to think of him and his family whom many on here will know well I'm sure. May he rest in peace

RIP Feezy , remember him from the Junior Supporters in the early 70s , he was a pal of Fee Herron. I can picture the two of them running to catch the bus at Bridge Street wearing their docs !

I opened this thread thinking that it would not likely be anyone i knew and was sad to find a name I hadn't heard in 30 odd years, Feezie was definitely one of the good guys

as well as the docs, they had their Skinners and Crombies too, as I recall

i can only think of him as a young guy and will remember him that way

So sad to convey this news to fellow Buddies, but lifelong St Mirren fan Alan "Feezie" McPhee died yesterday in Jersey General Hospital. Feezie was a committed Saints fan and a gem of a man. Any time we met we would enthusiastically discuss all things St Mirren and I always left feeling refreshed and somewhat melancholy for the old days of going to games regularly. In spite of distance Feezie would get to as many games as he could and loved his team. We did not meet often enough and that is my loss. He will be sorely missed by his many friends in Jersey and has gone too young. Please take a moment out of your day to think of him and his family whom many on here will know well I'm sure. May he rest in peace

sad to hear,used to hang about with feezie when we were younger,go to all matches,home and away,,rip mate

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Feezys funeral. I have never seen as many people at a funeral in my life. His family will be releasing 57 black and White balloons in his memory this afternoon. He was given a fitting tribute so fully deserving of a very popular man. Words can never convey the sentiment felt at these times but when it's one of your own it's hard to take. Feezy will be so sorely missed.