St Johnstone V St Mirren Premiership 21/3/15

shull

I honestly think we'd be better playing 3-5-2 for the remainder of the season to try and keep goals out and bring the best out of a few players.

Naismith and Kelly/Tess as wing backs, both not great defensively but genuinely believe Naismith especially is a threat going forward..

Goodwin in between Tesselaar/McAusland and Genev

Mallan Mcginn and Gow in the middle

Dayton and Thompson/Arquin up top

It's never gonna happen but that's my take on things, as if that matters.

Copy and pasted from the other thread idiot that I am.

I would drop Kelly and Thommo for this game.

Kelly as he appeared to have little appetite for the game at Killie and did not attack the Killie defence although he may have been under instructions to play a more defensive role but there was very little movement his side of the park. Sadlier to replace him.

And Thommo just because he looks so slow physically and mentally. I would maybe bring him on for the last 30 mins if we are still in the game but would give Arquin a start.

We need some movement and running in the final third and both these guys did not demonstrate enough to me last week. The other 9 would keep their starting place.

And I hope Sonupe was injured for the Killie game because if GT reckons that Wylde and Reilly are better then we really are in a mess.

I would drop Kelly and Thommo for this game.

Kelly as he appeared to have little appetite for the game at Killie and did not attack the Killie defence although he may have been under instructions to play a more defensive role but there was very little movement his side of the park. Sadlier to replace him.

And Thommo just because he looks so slow physically and mentally. I would maybe bring him on for the last 30 mins if we are still in the game but would give Arquin a start.

We need some movement and running in the final third and both these guys did not demonstrate enough to me last week. The other 9 would keep their starting place.

And I hope Sonupe was injured for the Killie game because if GT reckons that Wylde and Reilly are better then we really are in a mess.

I thought we played some excellent stuff on Saturday but lacked decisiveness and cutting edge in the last third of the pitch which is where games are won. I thought the back four looked solid, McGinn broke up play well and worked damned hard in the middle, Gow & Dayton also hard but need more of the ball going forward.

We put just one good cross into the box on Saturday and that was overhit, ending with James Dayton getting on the other end of it and striking a cracking well timed shot that hit the crossbar - we need balls into and around the six yard box for Thommo to get on the end of or at least make a nuisance of himself with us following up for second and third phase ball.

We need to stretch the opposition and so would have Sadlier on the left & Dayton out wide on the right and the team work at getting the ball out wide early to the pair of them, for them to be able to run at the defence and either get crosses in for Thommo and Gow to attack or cutting in and getting shots off.

Edited by Ditto

I would drop Thommo for this game.

What Sonny says and have we reached the must "win stage" yet?

I'd drop Gow. He's hopeless.

I'd give Sadlier a game. Couldn't be any worse.

We've only conceded one goal in the last 2 games which must be some sort of record for us. Its coincided with McAusland being out the team so hopefully the manager has taken note.

It would be good to see one of the star players from the U20s in the side. After 10 years in charge, Longwell has surely found someone? If he hasn't then he should be out the door never mind helping Teale!

Edited by another alias