Should We Sack Gary Teal

i we are bigger

the biggest joke in scottish football

the punchline its not funny supporting this load off ......

next season wont be any better

new owners new ideas and some planning ahead would help

naw that is the joke we have none off above over to you mr s gilmour

we are waiting

I totally disagree that we shouldn't be a top flight club. We are a founder member of the league and we have great facilities. We did not need to be in this position and had we appointed the right man we possibly wouldn't be going down.

Couldn't agree more. What has happened this season was completely avoidable which makes it even more frustrating.

Yip Teale walked into the best team in Scotland and then he was lucky enough for the board to sell our worst player in years for mega bucks to Aberdeen. So yes Tele has made a right mess of things.

What you have to ask though would Albert Einstein have done any better. I think not

Yip Teale walked into the best team in Scotland and then he was lucky enough for the board to sell our worst player in years for mega bucks to Aberdeen. So yes Tele has made a right mess of things.What you have to ask though would Albert Einstein have done any better. I think not

Einstein would have been a relatively successful St Mirren manager.

Yip Teale walked into the best team in Scotland and then he was lucky enough for the board to sell our worst player in years for mega bucks to Aberdeen. So yes Tele has made a right mess of things.What you have to ask though would Albert Einstein have done any better. I think not

Would Albert Einstein sign Arquin a reject from the only team below us as a striker. I think not.

Would Albert Einstein sign Arquin a reject from the only team below us as a striker. I think not.

Did Gary Teale apply for the managers job = NOPE

Was GarY Teale asked to be manager = YES

The board appointed a manager with no experiance to come into a team that had no home wins. Is that Gary Teals fault = No

Is it the boards fault = YES.

The board appointed a manager with no experiance to come into a team that had no home wins. Is that Gary Teals fault = No

We don't really know if any of that is true Ian , what we do know is that Caldwell and Teale are thick as thieves , and have been for years !

I agree but would just add that the great Sir Alex was younger than Gary when he came to St.Mirren and his only experience was a few months with East Stirling which hardly counts. All the ex-managers who have been mentioned here have tended to have enjoyed brief spells of success then got bagged. If we get relegated I don't have a clue what the club should do about the manager or anything else. I've now completely lost any faith that the current board has a clue either. I'm hoping against hope that we somehow stay up but if we do it will be despite the current board, not because of it.

It looks very much like we are going down , and if we are to stand a chance of coming back up , we need to find that wheeler dealer manager that Stuart Gilmour was talking about in Novemeber , someone who knows the players in the lower divisions and someone who knows the type of player we will need in the lower division , if funds are tight , we need to looking at the likes of Alloa , Livingston , Dumbarton , Cowdenbeath etc and make 7 or 8 signings that will toughen us up and make us competitive next season . I would even consider bringing in Jimmy Nicholl mentoring Stevie Thompson and Jim Goodwin if money is tight . But it is hugely important too get a few seasoned pros in who are used to playing in the championship .

As soon as the "baw is officially burst" then Teale should be informed we're going in a different direction and the search for a new manager should start in earnest.

We'll know what division we're playing in and, once the playoffs are done, we'll know what clubs will be filling (or otherwise) the away end so we can crack on identifying targets and getting the squad ready for next season.

It's been an absolute shambles of a season and just about everyone involved should be released or hounded out. There is a stinking, losing mentality about this place and it will take a long time to lift it.

I've been rather apathetic about the whole thing recently but found myself very angry last night. Clearly this will take a while to get out of our collective systems.

Spot on

Teale saying in today's papers he expects to still be in charge next season even if/when we go down.

Retaining the status quo will see attendances and season ticket sales drop significantly. There has to be key changes to get the club back on track (stabilise) and cannot see how retaining GT would be beneficial to convincing many that the promised change in direction is not further damaging to the club. We do not require tweaking, we require wholesale change top down.