Should We Sack Gary Teal

Clearly, for whatever reason GT could not lift the team to compete at a time when livelihoods are at stake and serious impact on the club financially. In that case he is not the right man to manage us next season. Can anyone seriously say that a team under Hughes, Butcher or even Danny Lennon would have performed as badly as that? I am surprised JG did not come out with a white flag. Motherwell are not a good side and our season long defensive gifts made them look like world beaters. Thankfully it was only 5.

Clearly, for whatever reason GT could not lift the team to compete at a time when livelihoods are at stake and serious impact on the club financially. In that case he is not the right man to manage us next season. Can anyone seriously say that a team under Hughes, Butcher or even Danny Lennon would have performed as badly as that? I am surprised JG did not come out with a white flag. Motherwell are not a good side and our season long defensive gifts made them look like world beaters. Thankfully it was only 5.

Well I think Hibs performance in the 2-0 post-split game against us last season was just as bad especially considering they were against 10 min for almost 60 minutes.

I think the late goal we conceded at Kilmarnock was the end and the team morale just went completely after the first goal against the Fakes in the following game. Since then we've been dead men walking..........

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just watching the Dundee derby. Goes to show what happens when you get a half decent manager in the door. Look at this Dundee side. On paper extremely average. I mean McPake FFS, and yet they're challenging for a top six finish. Their budget would also have been in the same region as ours I'm sure.

The appointments of Craig and Teale are lazy, and we're made by a BoD who for my money gave up the ghost after the cup final.

It's sad that it's come to this, but expected after the opening couple of games of the season.

Just watching the Dundee derby. Goes to show what happens when you get a half decent manager in the door. Look at this Dundee side. On paper extremely average. I mean McPake FFS, and yet they're challenging for a top six finish. Their budget would also have been in the same region as ours I'm sure.

The appointments of Craig and Teale are lazy, and we're made by a BoD who for my money gave up the ghost after the cup final.

It's sad that it's come to this, but expected after the opening couple of games of the season.

Dundee have some investmemt coming in, but they do look like their league place financial reward will recoup that. Of course, they'll also not be paying off a Manager or a whole series of players.

I think more interesting was Gordon Parks blog before the Motherwell game where he described the scenes at Ralston when Craig was dismissed, when Thompson left in a sulk cause he wasn't getting a shot as manager, and where Goodwins demotion had been a massive kick in the teeth.

Yeh. Its not as if he was assistant in the summer when we signed a load of dross. Its not as if it was his connections that brought us Callum Ball. Its not as if he had the winter transfer window to try and improve matters.

And as for the current assistant manager, a guy with no experience as a professional footballer, its not as if he was in charge of youth development for over a decade and the players he's brought through aren't up to the job. Its not as if he let go one of our best young prospects to end up at Kilmarnock and get it right up us in the last 2 meetings.

Hang on a minute....

What I will give Teale & Longwell however is that its not their fault that they are both clueless...

This is pretty close to the mark - the assistant has no experience as a senior, and it's a poor secret, that even the YA players don't have respect for him. The players that have been brought through.....have just not been up to SPL standard

I think more interesting was Gordon Parks blog before the Motherwell game where he described the scenes at Ralston when Craig was dismissed, when Thompson left in a sulk cause he wasn't getting a shot as manager, and where Goodwins demotion had been a massive kick in the teeth.

It's stinking out the dressing room

If they had been professional and kept their head down good chance the job coming up would be their's.

It's affected match day now as the spineless,gutless,clueless performances on a regular basis has shown

No fans deserve the displays shown recently

Total gut out needed,sooner the better

It's stinking out the dressing room

If they had been professional and kept their head down good chance the job coming up would be their's.

It's affected match day now as the spineless,gutless,clueless performances on a regular basis has shown

No fans deserve the displays shown recently

Total gut out needed,sooner the better

Aye.

I can imagine the situation Teale was put in though. You'll have been there in the past as I have in kids football. In your dressing room you have two players who have experience and ability beyond that of others in the dressing room. Unfortunately circumstance means they are both really pissed off and their attitude is shite. If you sideline them you lose the dressing room as the other players see you fielding a weak side and losing. If you pick them you've got two passengers undermining you.

One way to solve it is to bring the two players closer to the management team so that failure will reflect badly on them too - but somehow Teale landed up with Longwell as an Assistant. Was that Teales decision or was that decision made for him? Was Teale given all of the tools in the toolkit, or was he hindered from the start?

It isn't the defeats in themselves, God knows we're used to them in Paisley. It's the manner of the hammering by teams that are frankly not world beaters. The lack of fight has been truly appalling. The manager must take some of the blame for that. Feel sorry for Gary Teale's, but there should be a total overhaul. I don't really mind if we lose games, as long as the players give their all. The manner of the defeats to both Motherwell and Ross County have been shocking for professional players.

Aye.

I can imagine the situation Teale was put in though. You'll have been there in the past as I have in kids football. In your dressing room you have two players who have experience and ability beyond that of others in the dressing room. Unfortunately circumstance means they are both really pissed off and their attitude is shite. If you sideline them you lose the dressing room as the other players see you fielding a weak side and losing. If you pick them you've got two passengers undermining you.

One way to solve it is to bring the two players closer to the management team so that failure will reflect badly on them too - but somehow Teale landed up with Longwell as an Assistant. Was that Teales decision or was that decision made for him? Was Teale given all of the tools in the toolkit, or was he hindered from the start?

Thommo clearly hinted that he would be interested in the gig before it was handed to Teale for the rest of the season. Even then, I was surprised he wasn't brought in to the management team, especially considering he was injured a lot of the time.

need a new person with no ties to club to sweep away dead wood from

players to coaching staff and start a new,

with a plan to develop a playing style and work ethic and to win

and moreover entertain supports to bring fans back

Edited by mad saint 2

So, the BoD considered appointing an experienced manager in recent weeks, but didn't because there wasn't an outstanding candidate and there would be cost implications.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32310402

Of course they considered it, hardly turns things around. There is no "hmmm, you know what, the board actually did alright", they should just stop trying to spin it now. No outstanding candidate...did you even advertise it properly Stewart? Simple answer is no, no you didn't. That and anyone with a smattering of football knowledge would just steer clear anyway. It's like the bit when Toast asks his agent if anything else has come in... "Well, I didn't think you'd be interested but the Saint Mirren job is coming up" - "Is that it? No, you were right I'm not interested."

Nothing like the cost implications of relegation , surely ?

This has just turned into a massive gamble that has backfired. In fairness to them though who the f**k saw Ross County picking up 25 points from 27 after we turned them over with 10 men in Dingwall?

............... and in retrospect it's probably the worst thing that could have happened, as it temporarily papered over the cracks which have now swallowed us up !

I was just saying the other day that our performances since that day have gone from bad to woeful gutless diabolical ..........

Edited by Thommo