Should We Sack Gary Teal

How about an experienced director of football type role to oversee and guide Gary as well as take accountability for sorting out our scouting system, youth development and recruitment policy's.

Give Gary someone to learn from and concentrate on coaching and managing the first team for the rest of the season.

We are f**ked right now and need to be thinking what if we go down. Also need to be thinking what if we stay up and strategy for not getting in this state next year.

I don't think it'd fair to bring in a new man and have him thinking of next season right now, however if we don't plan ahead we are in real trouble so maybe a role above Gary would give us a bit of strategic planning.

Yeah, this is a good shout. Don't see it happening though. I doubt the club has much of a strategy for the team apart from staying up year on year whilst bringing through some youth players along the way. Could be wrong, but that's the way it seems.

The longer this season goes on the more I think we just need a big clear out in the summer. Things are just so bland and stale. New ideas needed from top to bottom.

Exactly. Surely by signing a contract to become manager his previous contract is over? Unless our board are even more inept than we imagined, by having someone retain 2 contracts? Or is the managerial contract only a temporary one? In which case there would never be any need to sack him from this. He could simply be given notice that he is returning to his previous role i.e. A player.

There's been no mention of a new contract in any club statement I've seen........................

..............and no we don't have to sack Teale, we merely keep paying him to do a job he's clearly not up to any more and wasn't up to last May on the evidence of the number of appearances he made in 2013/14 a fact only one poster highlighted at the time. whistling.gif

• Teale as player coach - when was the last time he played a full game? Presumably his contract can't be for more than a year.

None of us arguing on this thread know the facts altho' they tend to leak out eventually.............

Unless we suddenly appoint the stupendous Iain Murray only 65 points of the pace in the championship!

Ian murrays job was never to get Dumbarton promoted to the SPFL in a league with rangers, hearts and hibs in it! He has kept a tiny club like Dumbarton in the championship with ease and possibly their highest ever league finish. I'd put that down as a successful season!

Edited by Big Yards

Ian murrays job was never to get Dumbarton promoted to the SPFL in a league with rangers, hearts and hibs in it! He has kept a tiny club like Dumbarton in the championship with ease and possibly their highest ever league finish. I'd put that down as a successful season!

Hmmm, by that reckoning TC over achieved with us at the time of his departure?

Tony's management record is almost on a par with Tommy Craig's. Very nice guy though.

Tony's time as a player is before my time. My only real memory of him being at the club was during his second spell as manager.

IIRC in his final game we lost 1-5 at home to Airdrieonians and we were in real danger of getting relegated to the third tier. Tom Hendrie came in and 18 months later we were in the SPL.

Great guy, club legend, not a manager.

Tony's time as a player is before my time. My only real memory of him being at the club was during his second spell as manager.

IIRC in his final game we lost 1-5 at home to Airdrieonians and we were in real danger of getting relegated to the third tier. Tom Hendrie came in and 18 months later we were in the SPL.

Great guy, club legend, not a manager.

We were in 5th position when TF was sacked 12 points ahead of Morton who were second bottom...............

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one/1998-1999/table/1998-12-12

Much maligned as a manager has been Tony-F!

We were in 5th position when TF was sacked 12 points ahead of Morton who were second bottom...............

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one/1998-1999/table/1998-12-12

I wonder if back then our fans were saying ' why can't we compete with the Ayr Uniteds and Airdrieonians of this world '.

Being closer to the relegation zone than the top of the league in the second tier must have been pretty depressing stuff.

I wonder if back then our fans were saying ' why can't we compete with the Ayr Uniteds and Airdrieonians of this world '.

Being closer to the relegation zone than the top of the league in the second tier must have been pretty depressing stuff.

Perhaps but that's a different point from the one you made in your previous post, we weren't in relegation trouble and in fact were in the top half of the league when TF was sacked (as for the two clubs you cite they were both much stronger then than they are now, it was during Ayr United's Bill Barr era and before Airdrie went out of business they had been in the premier league after us and reached the Scottish Cup Final twice in that decade) it should also be noted that Fitzpatrick's second spell came during a period when the club was in financial turmoil as this thread (currently near the top of the board) testifies.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39568-season-199798-love-street-blues-bbc-1-documentary/

I'm not saying TF was a great manager but given the circumstances - taking over after Kenny McDowall was sacked and Jimmy Bone resigned over the issue which meant he had to work without an assistant for much of his second spell in charge - he did OK.

Perhaps but that's a different point from the one you made in your previous post, we weren't in relegation trouble and in fact were in the top half of the league when TF was sacked (as for the two clubs you cite they were both much stronger then than they are now, it was during Ayr United's Bill Barr era and before Airdrie went out of business they had been in the premier league after us and reached the Scottish Cup Final twice in that decade) it should also be noted that Fitzpatrick's second spell came during a period when the club was in financial turmoil as this thread (currently near the top of the board) testifies.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39568-season-199798-love-street-blues-bbc-1-documentary/

I'm not saying TF was a great manager but given the circumstances - taking over after Kenny McDowall was sacked and Jimmy Bone resigned over the issue which meant he had to work without an assistant for much of his second spell in charge - he did OK.

But we were closer to the drop than going up. Can certainly see why he was removed.

Then TH came in and with - I'd guess a pretty similar budget and a lot of the same players - won the league in his first full season.

But we were closer to the drop than going up. Can certainly see why he was removed.

Again that's not your original point...................

Then TH came in and with - I'd guess a pretty similar budget and a lot of the same players - won the league in his first full season.

Perhaps, perhaps not, we sold McNamee & O'Brien (both given their debut's by TF!) in early '99 - would we have been able to afford Lavety without this deal?

What??? Topcat was wrong?????? Who'd have believed that? (Certainly not him)

I wasn't suggesting Tony be our manager, but there to help. He would certainly help lift the doom and gloom surrounding the place right now. I just don't get why Longwell is there at all. If not TF then who? There is very little chance of Gary doing this gig on his own. He needs a bit of experienced help. NOW.

I wasn't suggesting Tony be our manager, but there to help. He would certainly help lift the doom and gloom surrounding the place right now. I just don't get why Longwell is there at all. If not TF then who? There is very little chance of Gary doing this gig on his own. He needs a bit of experienced help. NOW.

Jeezus, another Buddie Marvellous. They're breeding like f*cking rabbits. C'mon Mods, get it sorted!!

Think its a wee bit late for that, think Gary has done ok, but ok was not what we needed after the TC mess. What the league shows is the truth and its what the performances have merited. Hibs collapsed last year , but I will have my Accie scarf on tonight ( in front of telly) Tomorrow is the true acid test, we need the points, we will be uptight , we need calm, we need experience. We cant get relegated tomorrow , its Tic next, then Well and County. Two positive results next 2 games I feel we will survive however less than 2 points then get the maps out to find a shithole called Ibrox

What??? Topcat was wrong?????? Who'd have believed that? (Certainly not him)

I did say if I recall correctly FFS :lol:

I was about 12 years old, sorry. I do remember a lot of angry fans when we got pumped 1-5 at home by Airdrieonians though, and not a lot of surprise when he was sacked.