Should We Sack Gary Teal

Gary Teale reckons he has done enough to get the job. Really? I would justvssy Motherwell 5-0, RC 3-0 and Patrick 3-0 clearly show he has done....eh?

His signings - aye right

Sorry, cannot agree with you Gary.

That's what I heard on the radio too. Done enough? Aye he took the side from 11th to 12th. He done enough to ensure relegation with three games remaining!

What I will say is I really hope the BOD make an announcement this week regarding Teale. There's no reason to drag this on now, we are officially relegated and we must start planning for life in the Championship immediately.

I feel the BOD made a mistake in not announcing Lennon's departure until after the end of last season last term, I hope they don't repeat it this year.

Either back Teale for next year or sack him this week, but don't do neither.

What I will say is I really hope the BOD make an announcement this week regarding Teale. There's no reason to drag this on now, we are officially relegated and we must start planning for life in the Championship immediately.

I feel the BOD made a mistake in not announcing Lennon's departure until after the end of last season last term, I hope they don't repeat it this year.

Definitely don't back him, just sack him... Time for a change!!

Wit.. If I recall correctly we weren't safe until about 3 games to go, so why would they do that?

the biggest mistake they made was not renewing Danny's contract, I think that's been proven,

unless you were wanting to wish Danny a good farewell, but somehow I doubt it.

Wit.. If I recall correctly we weren't safe until about 3 games to go, so why would they do that?

the biggest mistake they made was not renewing Danny's contract, I think that's been proven,

unless you were wanting to wish Danny a good farewell, but somehow I doubt it.

Danny and the fans should have been told he wasn't getting his contract renewed before the final 2 games of the season, after we had became safe.

I and many others said that at the time.

Danny and the fans should have been told he wasn't getting his contract renewed before the final 2 games of the season, after we had became safe.

I and many others said that at the time.

Instead we got a master class in how not to deal with a manager whose contract is expiring.

Not quite up there with the way Tom Hendrie was sacked though.

Edited by Stu

I reckon the board will have a profile in mind for the next manager and it will be something like;

Experienced

Proven track record of promoting and nurturing young players

Out of contract

Unfortunately Billy Start ticks all of those boxes.

He's not who I want to be the next manager of the club, but I'd install him as favourite if I was running a book on it.

I rated Gus very highly during his time as manager but I think going back there would probably be a mistake in all honesty. He always seemed to have an uneasy relationship with David Longwell too, I remember him refusing even to fill his subs bench on a few occasions rather than have an academy player sitting there.

I'd rather have Gus than Stark though!

On Radio Scotland yesterday Wee Chick (and I know he mostly talks shite), indicated that the Board were looking at possible experienced candidates to take over and that Teale may be an Assistant. He also said that no compensation would be paid under any circumstances so the experienced managers being looked at were all without a job at the moment. Make of that what you will.

Appointing Stark would see me groan 'Oh FFS'... then, as with all managerial appointments, give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance. There wouldn't be a helluva' lot else we could do. The BoD call the shots, we just rack up and take it up the keyboard. If they appoint a management duo of Orville the Duck and Wee Jimmy Krankie (hope that hasn't given them any ideas), then what could we do about that anyway? Hee-haw.

One crumb of comfort to any Billy Stark appointment would be to think of he reaction of ICT fans when the 'grinning buffoon' Yogi was appointed up there? All managerial appointments are a risk. Stark could work out OK - unless he gets the gig we'll never know. He would however, at the very least, deserve a moaning faced bawbag like me to put aside any 'Oh FFS' initial reactions and to give him a clean slate and a chance.

Edited by pozbaird

I think Teale will probably be made assistant only because he has a year left on his contract, he's not done enough to inspire any confidence in his managerial abilities.

Add to that he's unlikely to be fit after his long layoff and unlikely to get match fit again so, unless he takes the place of the two lassies that worked at Ralston who allegedly have been let go, then there's not much else for him.

I'm not sure any manager worth his salt would want a rookie he doesn't know to assist though.

Also. Not exactly the clean slate so many yearn for.

I reckon the board will have a profile in mind for the next manager and it will be something like;

Experienced

Proven track record of promoting and nurturing young players

Out of contract

Unfortunately Billy Start ticks all of those boxes.

He's not who I want to be the next manager of the club, but I'd install him as favourite if I was running a book on it.

I rated Gus very highly during his time as manager but I think going back there would probably be a mistake in all honesty. He always seemed to have an uneasy relationship with David Longwell too, I remember him refusing even to fill his subs bench on a few occasions rather than have an academy player sitting there.

I'd rather have Gus than Stark though!

He's obviously worked with youngsters at under-21 level, however taking a team where it's age group against age group is rather different to trying to bring kids into the first team to compete against experienced pros.

Like you I have a horrible feeling we'll get Stark. He did sod all with Morton and St Johnstone, although got Queen's Park promoted - but how long ago was that? Also have to wonder why we haven't brought him in sooner considering he's been available since the end of last year.

I think Teale will probably be made assistant only because he has a year left on his contract, he's not done enough to inspire any confidence in his managerial abilities.

If this scenario comes to pass, it is possible that St Mirren would go into next season with a BoD who still cannot get out, an assistant manager who has been demoted from the top job to assist a new guy because otherwise he'd need paid off, and we could have Thompson who feels consistently overlooked for a managerial role, and Goodwin, who was in a managerial role, then bumped back down.

Not exactly the 'fresh start' I think we were hoping for.

Billy Davies will be manager with his choice of assistant and Tealey will be his Ryan Giggs like, you're only here to make up numbers type side kick

Davies would be my first choice, funnily enough he has taken in a lot of our games recently so will know who to keep and who to go. No doubt he will also have a list of who he wants in. Fingers crossed

If this scenario comes to pass, it is possible that St Mirren would go into next season with a BoD who still cannot get out, an assistant manager who has been demoted from the top job to assist a new guy because otherwise he'd need paid off, and we could have Thompson who feels consistently overlooked for a managerial role, and Goodwin, who was in a managerial role, then bumped back down.

Not exactly the 'fresh start' I think we were hoping for.

Thompson hasn't been constantly overlooked, he was offered the role whilst DL was in his final season and turned it down.

Well, if SG offered Thompson the manager's gig while Danny was still in it - is that why he turned it down? Didn't want to be seen as back-stabbing a man already in the job? That notwithstanding, Thompson has watched Danny be replaced with Tommy Craig, assisted by Teale and Goodwin. Then, when Craig was bagged and Goodwin put back on the shop floor, watched again as Teale and the youth team coach took over.

For the sake of accuracy, maybe not 'constantly' overlooked, but certainly not brought into any management role during the last two cabinet reshuffles. If it is true that he was offered the gig while Danny was in his last season, then firstly - source? then secondly, why wasn't he offered anything after Danny then Tommy left? If the BoD saw fit to offer him something back then, why not go back to him when two further opportunities to do so presented themselves?