Should We Sack Gary Teal

In all honesty I see us picking up zero points from 9 in the next three games as the fight seems to have gone from us. Teale is clearly out of his depth and his reliance in a clearly unfit forward line of Gow and Thompson, a poor excuse of a player in Kelly, a waste of space in Wylde and a daft wee boy in Reilly (who he thinks will make a difference from the bench) will seal relegation for Saints and ensure any chance he ever had of managing Saints has gone, although if the present board are still in control next season he'll probably remain, BECAUSE HE'S THE CHEAP OPTION !!!!!

he should never have been appointed in the first place. His first management gig is having a few months to keep a struggling club in the top flight was always going to be a very tall order - especially having your best player sold in the last day of the transfer window. TC was an abysmal appointment as well, so answer to who the blame lies on a post card pls….

Fitzpatrick was basically in charge of kids when was sacked. He had us 5th in a league that was very competitive. We weren't great but our team was v v inexperienced. Tony in the dugout helping Gary would be better than what we have at present which is two guys in the dugout neither with any experience at all.

I think we should call on the Bod to get Butcher in till the end of the season to beast us to safety. The cost-v-benefit analysis would surely be worth it in pounds saved by not being relegated and the huge financial hit that would follow.

Failing that, if he doesn't fancy the gig get Lennon back in till the end of the season, no promises of future contract, healthy bonus paid if we stay up.

Anyone one think since we finance the club we should make a formal approach to get it sorted by the end of the week?

I know how much the Bod like saving/not spending cash, surely they could see the desperate need to make a hard headed business decision to avoid huge losses? Bod fellas imagine the gate receipts if we had Butcher managing us in a play off against Hibs? The place would be packed and season tickets wouldn't be valid..... Kerching..!

I think we should call on the Bod to get Butcher in till the end of the season to beast us to safety. The cost-v-benefit analysis would surely be worth it in pounds saved by not being relegated and the huge financial hit that would follow.

Failing that, if he doesn't fancy the gig get Lennon back in till the end of the season, no promises of future contract, healthy bonus paid if we stay up.

Anyone one think since we finance the club we should make a formal approach to get it sorted by the end of the week?

I know how much the Bod like saving/not spending cash, surely they could see the desperate need to make a hard headed business decision to avoid huge losses? Bod fellas imagine the gate receipts if we had Butcher managing us in a play off against Hibs? The place would be packed and season tickets wouldn't be valid..... Kerching..!

I'm sure Shull would give you a free ride down to St Mirren Park so you can go in and tell Mr Gilmour how to run his business. I'm sure the fact you have pumped so much money in to the club he will be happy to hear what you have to say.

Agree we should start planning for next season by appointing a manager. The board however will stick with the status quo when mathematically there is still a chance to stay up. That's my view

Too late I'm afraid.

I do feel slightly sorry for Teale as he had the rug pulled from his feet somewhat with the last minute departure of McLean which left him scrambling around looking for free agents. If Kenny had gone maybe even 2 or 3 days before the window closed he might have had a fighting chance of getting in some better replacements.

I think GT might turn out to be a good manager given a proper summer to wheel and deal, but whether or not we can afford to risk a rookie in the Championship is going to be a question for the board, or any new owners, to seriously consider. Worked out well enough for Hearts but Neilston had Craig Levein to help.

I think we should call on the Bod to get Butcher in till the end of the season to beast us to safety. The cost-v-benefit analysis would surely be worth it in pounds saved by not being relegated and the huge financial hit that would follow.valid..... Kerching..!

Terry Butcher ? The one who took Hibs from safety to relegation and the one who took ICT down too ?

I'm not sure that's the CV you are looking for at times like this.

Too late I'm afraid.

I do feel slightly sorry for Teale as he had the rug pulled from his feet somewhat with the last minute departure of McLean which left him scrambling around looking for free agents. If Kenny had gone maybe even 2 or 3 days before the window closed he might have had a fighting chance of getting in some better replacements.

I think GT might turn out to be a good manager given a proper summer to wheel and deal, but whether or not we can afford to risk a rookie in the Championship is going to be a question for the board, or any new owners, to seriously consider. Worked out well enough for Hearts but Neilston had Craig Levein to help.

Div is a take over still possible with the Argies -

Anything doing for the up-coming Ross County game :

Terry Butcher ? The one who took Hibs from safety to relegation and the one who took ICT down too ?

Thats him! The manager that got them promoted,featured regularly in the top six, and who has scouted several gems from down south to bolster the squad and fetch good sell on revenue. Aye that's the fella.

I would say having watched them that it was the Hibs players who took themselves down and ended up being shipped out en masse. Something we seem destined to copy unless the slide is arrested with a critical intervention. Whats your suggestion then, or are you happy with the increased moaning opportunities watching a poor St Mirren team provides?

Or, on the flip side, the manager that got ICT promoted after one season down, that picked up a number of great players, and built a team that finished regularly in the top 6.

He's been there and done it, probably what we need. Although I don't see him managing in Scotland again, sure he's moved back down to Ipswich area.

Thats him! The manager that got them promoted,featured regularly in the top six, and who has scouted several gems from down south to bolster the squad and fetch good sell on revenue. Aye that's the fella.

Steve Marsella was the man who brought the lower league players to ICT.

Terry Butcher was an undeniable success at ICT but he was a disaster at Hibs, Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney and Brentford.

I don't think you can just gloss over the fact that he has been sacked five times.

Terry Butcher was an undeniable success at ICT but he was a disaster at Hibs, Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney and Brentford.

I don't think you can just gloss over the fact that he has been sacked five times.

All of the old lags we might consider are gonna have a few failures against their name but yeah Butcher seems to more miss than hit - of the old lags that might be in our price range Jimmy Calderwood (who applied for the Ayr Utd. job earlier this year ) seems the best.

As I've said on more than a few occasions - Steve Aitken would be my choice.

The big question is what to do with GT if he still has a year left on his contract..................

This thread is comical. When was the last time we attracted any manager who had previously managed at this level....... eh struggling,/......... hold on..... oh yeah . David Hay, gee he was good won 10 games in 2 seasons, Alex Miller???

Its what we do, recently. J Coughlin, TF, DL , GM, RM, TH, lets face it, once a guy has finished at Saints their career is also finished, apart from strangely enough David Hay and Alex Miller. , Also Terry might cost more than the pittance the BOD offers.

A couple of years down , get some young players some game time, stop taking on dreadful signings and we will be better for it

I think that's fair comment Div.

TB got my vote back in December when Craig got the bag, however that was predicated on his track record at both Inverness and Motherwell, and, significantly, him being in place for the January Transfer Window.... my feeling was that with his playing and managing history he would be able to unearth a nugget or two. I also figured he would have learned from his mistake at Hibs where he seemed to ignore (largely) the opportunity of the January window in favor of what he had. Doubtless that was based on Hibs being relatively safe at that point! But yes, with 8 games to go, including Friday night at home against Celtic, I don't think TB would be top of the list even if the BoD had a whip round.

It's probably worth saying right enough that some fans might be getting a wee bit ahead of themselves. I can imagine Butcher currently polishing off a lobster bisque at the Country Club, a Big Bang repeat on the wide screen (with Kaley in a particularly tight and raspberry revealing strappy top), and the golf clubs at the ready. His mobile fires up, the caller display says S Gilmour..... whistling.gif

I would say having watched them that it was the Hibs players who took themselves down and ended up being shipped out en masse. Something we seem destined to copy unless the slide is arrested with a critical intervention. Whats your suggestion then, or are you happy with the increased moaning opportunities watching a poor St Mirren team provides?

If we were to approach someone experienced to try and save us til the end of the season it should be Calderwood.

His last 2 jobs in Scotland highlight his capability to make a short term impact on struggling clubs.

Dunfermline - 38% win ratio

Aberdeen - 41.% win ratio

Over 400 games in charge between these 2 clubs

Took over Killie in January who had won 16% of their games.

Win ration of 30% after this and kept them up.

Took over Ross County mid Feb when they had only won 3 games all season (12% win ratio)

40% win ratio for the rest of the season.

Edited by davidg

How did he fare at Motherwell? And why do clubs keep offering him jobs? He puts out teams that are feckin hard to break down, and muscle in the goals. We don't look like we could punch our way out of a wet McMillan's roll bag at present. If the Bod sit on their hands we will be the automatic relegation team.

I see no point is removing him as manager now but I would like to club to advertise the position asap for next season, and Teale can also apply if he want to waste his time. I would like the new guy to start right after the season end regardless what league we are in so give him a chance to watch us before the season finish, so he can decide what one of our gifted footballers he would want to keep huh.png