Should We Sack Gary Teal

I'm assuming that Teale, like the contracted players, will have a large pay cut in the form of a relegation clause and that will no doubt appeal to the board when planning for next season however in reality very few managers survive a relegation season. Teale and Longwell always appeared stop gap to me so I hope for a fresh start from the top down.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

there will be no change anytime soon

That's what's wrong Chris. Remember '88 when we cleared the boards and stayed up? If they really cared and wanted to give it a go , they should have gutted the place after Perth , put Thompson and Goodwin in charge temporarily , a la Fitzpatrick and McGarvey , and waited to see if they got the same reaction .

I'm assuming that Teale, like the contracted players, will have a large pay cut in the form of a relegation clause and that will no doubt appeal to the board when planning for next season however in reality very few managers survive a relegation season. Teale and Longwell always appeared stop gap to me so I hope for a fresh start from the top down.

The wage cut combined with the fact he's already here and under contract for another year means it's a no brainer for the board. No need to do anything difficult like look for a replacement, no need to pay him off. Longwell will probably stay as his assistant (while still expected to do his youth academy duties) to help with the transition of the influx of under-18s/under-20s that have yet to play for the first team.

Surely Teale's contract is in a playing capacity.As he appears to be unfit as a player then U would assume he is default of his contract.

It may well be a player contract but he'll still need to be paid off. He was quote somewhere a few months back as saying he'd still be at the club in some role next season as he has a contract. He'll almost certainly be manager.

The wage cut combined with the fact he's already here and under contract for another year means it's a no brainer for the board. No need to do anything difficult like look for a replacement, no need to pay him off. Longwell will probably stay as his assistant (while still expected to do his youth academy duties) to help with the transition of the influx of under-18s/under-20s that have yet to play for the first team.

If that's the case,they better appoint another head of development then

I know a few parents who are unhappy the way the development is going

It was up with the best but recent times has seen it slip

This is an area we really need to get right

Whatever happened to this wheeler dealer manager we were getting? If you equate our situation to that of Hartlepool (who bring in Ronnie Moore and give themselves a fighting chance of staying up) it pretty much shows that a novice manager was another error made by the board this season.

billyj. I actually had a discussion with the Chairman last August when I expressed my concern at the direction of our beloved Football Club.I dare not post his reply.

Along the lines of "we'll be fine knickerwetter , Tommy Craig is the greatest coach I've ever worked with ?"

Whatever happened to this wheeler dealer manager we were getting? If you equate our situation to that of Hartlepool (who bring in Ronnie Moore and give themselves a fighting chance of staying up) it pretty much shows that a novice manager was another error made by the board this season.

Bit hard to interview someone when you are over in South Africa

this is a crappy thread and i am surprised it is still running.

there will be no change anytime soon, and i am guessing that GT got a 2 year contract at the same time as Craig so no change next season either.

So why not just get behind the team instead of the carping?

Normally, I'd agree. Pre-season is the time to take stock, look at where it went oh so badly wrong and appeal for change. But since we're around 95% certs for the drop I don't see the issue in people conducting the post-mortem of this season so early.

I don't feel it's a case of carping to be honest. Relegation for a club like ours is part and parcel of life, we've no divine right to be in the top league and if you'd said to me way back in 2005/06 that we'd get a 9 year stint at it, I'd have been delighted. My (and many others) issue is that there is a genuine concern for the direction the club will take next season...Do I expect us to come straight back up? It's possible but not probable, at least not as champions...Do I expect us to at least be in the hunt for a promotion play-off place? Absolutely! I don't think at least challenging for 4th in a 10 team league is asking for very much, given that almost half the league are part time.....Do I think we'll be in a promotion play-off hunt if the actions of this season are allowed to continue for another 12 months? I think we'll be in a play-off hunt, but unfortunately, it'll be a hunt to avoid the ones that would potentially see us drop to League 1.

This is a genuine long-term concern bud. If I felt we were going down but would have the fresh impetus and direction that clubs like Hibs (even though they're in the process of fecking it up for themselves) and Hearts have had this season, then I'd be all for a couple of seasons in the Championship and coming back a more solid and stable unit. Unfortunately unless major changes are afoot, I can see it being back to the bad old days of the 90s.

As soon as the "baw is officially burst" then Teale should be informed we're going in a different direction and the search for a new manager should start in earnest.

We'll know what division we're playing in and, once the playoffs are done, we'll know what clubs will be filling (or otherwise) the away end so we can crack on identifying targets and getting the squad ready for next season.

It's been an absolute shambles of a season and just about everyone involved should be released or hounded out. There is a stinking, losing mentality about this place and it will take a long time to lift it.

I've been rather apathetic about the whole thing recently but found myself very angry last night. Clearly this will take a while to get out of our collective systems.

If we go down, he should be relieved of his duties and replaced with a wheely bin.

I think that's what SG said St Mirren needed in the manager's office, the last time he spoke to anyone about anything. I might have picked him up wrong, it was so long ago.

Edited by pozbaird

If we go down, he should be relieved of his duties and replaced with a wheely bin.

I think that's what SG said St Mirren needed in the manager's office, the last time he spoke to anyone about anything. I might have picked him up wrong, it was so long ago.

At least 'wheelie bins' empty oot the rubbish regularly :P

I'm for your idea :)