St Mirren Bod

It's soul destroying stuff this season.

I would say this is undoubtedly one of the weakest top flights in my lifetime and we are finding ourselves rapidly falling out it without so much as a whimper.

Two incredibly ridiculous appointments as managers in the one season is unbelievable. Craig should have been punted long before AGM but board defended him to the hill at AGM but sacked him within weeks. It was obvious within weeks of the season starting that Tommy Craig as manager was a disaster. He should never have been offered the job.

TC and Teale can't be blamed for everything as they were both offered the job but should never have been offered it. Madness!

The sale of Mclean was just so unnecessary given the perilous predicament we were facing. He could have stayed on for 3 months, gentleman's agreement or not, and still got a big move. Chat of 'he fulfilled his end of the bargain' etc were nonsense. Playing well for 6 weeks of thr first 4 months and thats ok jack. We were in the shit and we needed everything we could. Mclean should have been told 'keep it up from now til May and it will be the championship abd £6-£10k a week you will get and not £3k a week at Aberdeen'. Massive opportunity missed. :-(

Sadly very confident we will go down this season.

ffs

the bod saved the club from going bust. They did it with their own cash whilst the supporters ignored the share issue

they managed to swap a ramshackle stadium for a brand new whilst clearing £3million of debt and delivering training facilities

and pozbairds main concern is a missing fecking letter..

:lol:

How much did they pay for control of our club? And how much do they want to sell it for now?

Choice next season of renewing my season ticket or picking and choosing games. Been going to Braehead Clan and would seriously consider a season ticket for there before Saints meaning less money to spend on Saints and picking and choosing may be less than 50%.

After this seasons minging kits I would rather buy a couple of Clan kits for the kids instead next season again less cash for Saints

This season has been one monumental feck up from start to finish.

"How can we get more fans through the door?"

"Hmmmm, we could appoint a Manager whose only permanent appointment at club level was a complete cluster f**k. Indeed, let's give him a two year deal!"

"But, we have all these CV's..."

"Shut up, I bought heart monitors, my son is a legend, one of our own, we're appointing him!"

I think we're all now resigned to the fact we're going down, the more worrying thing is when will the freefall end. A new board is drastically required with ambition, drive and a desire to push the club forward, sadly qualities Mr. Gilmour and his cronies lack. We need only look at our friends from Dungfermline (as has been previously mentioned) to see where we may end up. History tells us Saints don't bounce straight back up, so see you all (maybe) at some of Scottish football's more scenic outposts for the next 5 to 10 seasons.

The BOD are in the main St Mirren fans.

They don't appear to give a flying f**k about the fortunes of the club this season, or indeed last.

We are going down with a whimper, as opposed to a fight.

Why should the fans be overly concerned when those in charge of the club aren't?

I've seen us relegated from top flight before, I've seen worse things happen. Meh...

Sadly for the first time in my 30 odd years supporting St Mirren that's how I feel.

Why should I juggle things in my personal life such as getting babysitters, swapping shifts at work(which I've regularly done before)and ultimately spending money to go and watch the team when I feel that the BOD don't give a shit and sadly it's beginning to look like the players are resigned to the inevitable.

See that wheeler dealer manager we should have had before the last transfer window , well that's the kind of guy we need in place now , to identify potential signings for next season , we badly need 6 or 7 fit experienced player aged between 24 - 29 who can graft in the lower leagues .

I hate to admit it , but I think its relegation for us , and to bounce back up , we should be trying to put together a hard working experienced squad to challenge with effect from now .

Our other main priority is get us playing in a decent strip five black vertical stripes on a white shirt , if we can,t play like Juventes at least we would look like them.

Bring back Danny now that he has learned that you can't have back stabbers like Harkins and Grainger in the dressing room and survive. Danny could get rid of the remaining trouble makers, want to leavers and gutless wonders and we can start playing good football again.

TC, Teale and Goodwin backstabbed him too!

See that wheeler dealer manager we should have had before the last transfer window , well that's the kind of guy we need in place now , to identify potential signings for next season , we badly need 6 or 7 fit experienced player aged between 24 - 29 who can graft in the lower leagues .

I hate to admit it , but I think its relegation for us , and to bounce back up , we should be trying to put together a hard working experienced squad to challenge with effect from now .

Our other main priority is get us playing in a decent strip five black vertical stripes on a white shirt , if we can,t play like Juventes at least we would look like them.

now this made me laugh

cheered me up for a bit ;)

The most important issue facing the club at the moment!

What does GT know about the lower leagues currently - it's over a decade since he left Ayr Utd.

We've got to bite the bullet and go for either Steve Aitken (my choice) or Ian Murray even if GT is still contracted for next season!

I think the statement that they "have been given an easy ride for too long" is quite accurate.

I think the fans and shareholders should take some of the blame here.

A blind eye has been turned to McAusland employing his son on a decent wage he doesn't deserve. Managers are forced to play possibly the worst defender in the SPL, its not a great start for them. We should really have made more of a protest when it became clear what was happening.

The stadium issue has been debated plenty, while we could have kept Love Street or not is arguable, but the new stadium is a complete f**king soulless shitehole and I believe in the long run will be the death of the club. I just cant see the next generation falling in love with the club if the matchday experience involves sitting in a crap stadium with no atmosphere being told to sit down and shut up by the stewards. Falkirk and Hamilton managed to put some effort in to their grounds at least. We once again took the lazy option.

The management of the club over the past couple of years has been utterly pathetic. Seems we can afford to pay off numerous useless signings but can't afford to pay one wage to a decent manager?

Clearly the idiot earlier in the thread laughing at the missing letter on the stadium sign doesn't understand the symbolism of it. My business works well because Monday to Friday and many weekends I spend all day there and put my heart and soul in to it. If a giant letter fell off the front of my name on the building I'd have the whole sign down straight away, it would be damaging to our image. How could everyone be showing up to work at "t Mirren FC" and not give a f**k about the image of the club? I can only conclude its because the management don't care about it.

The same approach has been taken to every decision...."ah it will be fine, nobody will notice".

2 million quid for a business that can't make a profit?

The club should have been sold to Gordon Scott at a decent price.

Gilmour and McAusland should indeed get to f**k.

Edited by Kemp

The BOD have backed themselves right into a corner now and tbh they have no one to blame but themselves. What price for the club now if we go down ? People will lose their jobs and cut backs will have to be made across the board. Watching us struggle v QOS and Raith Rovers isn't very appealing

I think the statement that they "have been given an easy ride for too long" is quite accurate.

I think the fans and shareholders should take some of the blame here.

A blind eye has been turned to McAusland employing his son on a decent wage he doesn't deserve. Managers are forced to play possibly the worst defender in the SPL, its not a great start for them. We should really have made more of a protest when it became clear what was happening.

The stadium issue has been debated plenty, while we could have kept Love Street or not is arguable, but the new stadium is a complete f**king soulless shitehole and I believe in the long run will be the death of the club. I just cant see the next generation falling in love with the club if the matchday experience involves sitting in a crap stadium with no atmosphere being told to sit down and shut up by the stewards. Falkirk and Hamilton managed to put some effort in to their grounds at least. We once again took the lazy option.

The management of the club over the past couple of years has been utterly pathetic. Seems we can afford to pay off numerous useless signings but can't afford to pay one wage to a decent manager?

Clearly the idiot earlier in the thread laughing at the missing letter on the stadium sign doesn't understand the symbolism of it. My business works well because Monday to Friday and many weekends I spend all day there and put my heart and soul in to it. If a giant letter fell off the front of my name on the building I'd have the whole sign down straight away, it would be damaging to our image. How could everyone be showing up to work at "t Mirren FC" and not give a f**k about the image of the club? I can only conclude its because the management don't care about it.

The same approach has been taken to every decision...."ah it will be fine, nobody will notice".

2 million quid for a business that can't make a profit?

The club should have been sold to Gordon Scott at a decent price.

Gilmour and McAusland should indeed get to f**k.

You make a lot of good valid point's, but the highlighted bit is completely unfair and untrue, he

isn't even the worst defender at the club never mind the whole SPFL....

Personally I think we missed Cheesy yesterday, he may not be the greatest but as captain he

plays with a passion and some fire in his belly, he certainly shows more desire than yesterdays

captain who looked as if he just didn't want to be on the park at all, fighters is what this club needs

from now till the end of the season, Thompson Gow and Kelly need dropping, there performances

are pure powder puff...

As for the BOD your correct, the sooner they GTF the better....

Edited by scrappy coco

How much did they pay for control of our club? And how much do they want to sell it for now?

My understanding was they guaranteed the debt of £650k, so spent no money. However one of the board (not Mr Gilmour) continually paid the players wages on the friday waiting until the monday to receive his money back.

I have said before if they were what they profess to be, they would have sold the club to 10000 hours for £1 leaving the remaining £999,999 to be used as investment or working capital.

I have said before if they were what they profess to be, they would have sold the club to 10000 hours for £1 leaving the remaining £999,999 to be used as investment or working capital.

Quite right, if the situation was that they had personally put 2m quid and need to get it back then fair enough. I don't believe this to be the case.

They are a bunch of chancers.

They could have left as heros, working to set up a fan ownership model that works and handing the club over for free with the cash raised by the support going in to the club.

Instead they hang around for half a decade asking a price that nobody wants to pay and then try to sell us to some dodgy South American mob that could potentially liquidate us once they have got whatever they need.

These people are no longer St Mirren supporters. It is heartbreaking to watch the video on the other thread of Gilmour when he took over the club, clearly full of energy and passion for the club, and compare it to his behaviour now.

Every Stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere in it if we were the Home Team and we we weren't winning.

When we are winning , a 3000 Crowd in the present Stadium is far louder and more atmospheric than a 3000 Crowd at Love Street.

Sitting in the Main Stand at the old place the singing from the North Bank was barely audible.

Cheesy is a St Mirren Legend .

Kemp isnae and is having a bad morning.

Every Stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere in it if we were the Home Team and we we weren't winning.

When we are winning , a 3000 Crowd in the present Stadium is far louder and more atmospheric than a 3000 Crowd at Love Street.

Sitting in the Main Stand at the old place the singing from the North Bank was barely audible.

Cheesy is a St Mirren Legend .

Kemp isnae and is having a bad morning.

Don't agree one but that fans are louder in new stadium. Even 2000 saints fans at love st generated has a decent sing song and atmosphere

Don't agree one but that fans are louder in new stadium. Even 2000 saints fans at love st generated has a decent sing song and atmosphere

Naw it didnae.

2000 in a Ground that size was a joke.

Couldnae hear the " choir " from the Main Stand.

Unless we were challenging for promotion or playing Morton, the atmosphere and singing was pish.

I go to games when I can afford it but this season I have hardly went. I also usually buy two of each strip but this year I only bought 1 home. I like going to a few away games but have only managed Thisle away and two pre season games. Seasons like this drive fans away. I'll be back next year and try to forget this one.

Naw it didnae.

2000 in a Ground that size was a joke.

Couldnae hear the " choir " from the Main Stand.

Unless we were challenging for promotion or playing Morton, the atmosphere and singing was pish.

Agreed.

I used to think it was noisy in the north bank until I moved my digs to the main stand and noticed that you couldn't hear them.

Was at Perth yesterday. Hadn't seen Saints for a few months. Couldn't quite believe what I was watching...

McGinn looks a different player and possibly in need of a rest,

Mallan never got a look in all day and is easily nudged off the ball because he is lightweight,

Thommo seems resigned to not getting the delivery he needs to score (though I didn't see him try to rally the team as you would expect a captain to do),

Gow is slow,

Kelly & Tesselar look nervous,

and Goodwin looks a shade of the player he was the season we won the League Cup.

The team struggled to string two or three passes together in the first half. Hopeful long balls punted to Thommo is not attractive football, let alone winning football.

Knowing what was at stake following Motherwell's win on Friday night, I am not sure why the team didn't come out with a more aggressive, passionate mentality. I may have been wrong to expect a few tough tackles and seeing the players rallying one another and vent their frustrations. Sadly, I didn't see any of that...

I am not sure that Gary Teale is to blame for the current state of affairs. I am not even sure if Tommy Craig is to blame to be perfectly honest. I believe this has been coming for years - and as other members have posted - it may be due to the cost cutting by the board and some poor appointments.

If the board do nothing, I am sorry to say that we will likely go down.

Was at Perth yesterday. Hadn't seen Saints for a few months. Couldn't quite believe what I was watching...

McGinn looks a different player and possibly in need of a rest,

Mallan never got a look in all day and is easily nudged off the ball because he is lightweight,

Thommo seems resigned to not getting the delivery he needs to score (though I didn't see him try to rally the team as you would expect a captain to do),

Gow is slow,

Kelly & Tesselar look nervous,

and Goodwin looks a shade of the player he was the season we won the League Cup.

The team struggled to string two or three passes together in the first half. Hopeful long balls punted to Thommo is not attractive football, let alone winning football.

Knowing what was at stake following Motherwell's win on Friday night, I am not sure why the team didn't come out with a more aggressive, passionate mentality. I may have been wrong to expect a few tough tackles and seeing the players rallying one another and vent their frustrations. Sadly, I didn't see any of that...

I am not sure that Gary Teale is to blame for the current state of affairs. I am not even sure if Tommy Craig is to blame to be perfectly honest. I believe this has been coming for years - and as other members have posted - it may be due to the cost cutting by the board and some poor appointments.

If the board do nothing, I am sorry to say that we will likely go down.

What about the keeper.If an epidemic was going through the club he widnae catch it.Kello must start against Celtic.