St Mirren Bod

This crew have been given an easy ride by many for far too long.

Their stewardship of our club in recent years has been shambolic at best, and verging on negligent.

They could have sold their shares to Gordon Scott - a Mirren supporter - but opted to sit it out for more money. How has that gone?

Cheap, tight, greedy, and arrogant.

Get yourselves to f**k!

Dead easy Drew.

Get your hand in your pocket and do what they did and buy the club out.

Once you've done that pour your pension into players wages and let's see sunny days reign over Paisley.

OR alternatively you could shut the f**k up, man the f**k up and accept relegation with good grace if that's what happens.

Only Celtic could compete with Ross County's recent run.

I think the statement that they "have been given an easy ride for too long" is quite accurate.

I think the fans and shareholders should take some of the blame here.

A blind eye has been turned to McAusland employing his son on a decent wage he doesn't deserve. Managers are forced to play possibly the worst defender in the SPL, its not a great start for them. We should really have made more of a protest when it became clear what was happening.

The stadium issue has been debated plenty, while we could have kept Love Street or not is arguable, but the new stadium is a complete f**king soulless shitehole and I believe in the long run will be the death of the club. I just cant see the next generation falling in love with the club if the matchday experience involves sitting in a crap stadium with no atmosphere being told to sit down and shut up by the stewards. Falkirk and Hamilton managed to put some effort in to their grounds at least. We once again took the lazy option.

The management of the club over the past couple of years has been utterly pathetic. Seems we can afford to pay off numerous useless signings but can't afford to pay one wage to a decent manager?

Clearly the idiot earlier in the thread laughing at the missing letter on the stadium sign doesn't understand the symbolism of it. My business works well because Monday to Friday and many weekends I spend all day there and put my heart and soul in to it. If a giant letter fell off the front of my name on the building I'd have the whole sign down straight away, it would be damaging to our image. How could everyone be showing up to work at "t Mirren FC" and not give a f**k about the image of the club? I can only conclude its because the management don't care about it.

The same approach has been taken to every decision...."ah it will be fine, nobody will notice".

2 million quid for a business that can't make a profit?

The club should have been sold to Gordon Scott at a decent price.

Gilmour and McAusland should indeed get to f**k.

Was going to reply to this jargon then realised its maybe fueld with alcohol and anger.

Yes the board have made mistakes on a grand scale this season on that we can all agree. But the rest is just a pile of smelly keech !

I hate saying it , but next season should be about a new start , and changes should be made with effect from now to create a bit of enthusiasm about a new beginning .

New Ownership , and a clear direction forward would be good

Failing that , a new manager and eleven new signings ( experienced players in their mid twenties ) who along with the players retained can enable us to challenge next season , and give us a wee bit of exiting football to watch.

Dead easy Drew.

Once you've done that pour your pension into players wages and let's see sunny days reign over Paisley.

OR alternatively you could shut the f**k up, man the f**k up and accept relegation with good grace if that's what happens.

To be fair, many of us were willing to pay what we could afford (not all of us own a large profitable business) to try and make 10,000 hours work.

Rightly or wrongly the current BOD put the kybosh on that option.

I'm not going to lambast the board, as I still recognise the good that they've done for the club. However, in the past few years they've made decisions that are making it harder to remember that, overall, they have been good for the club.

Asking Drew to buy the club is just f**king stupid, but not unsurprising, given your track record on posting ill thought out drivel.

Edited by FTOF

I hate saying it , but next season should be about a new start , and changes should be made with effect from now to create a bit of enthusiasm about a new beginning .

Failing that , a new manager and eleven new signings ( experienced players in their mid twenties ) who along with the players retained can enable us to challenge next season , and give us a wee bit of exiting football to watch.

Find it quite amusing that some fans think they can find new owners just by walking into a shop hitting the shop keeper over the head with a soft slap and say YOU ARE BUYING MY CLUB - GOT IT.

The manager for next season should be appointed now on that I agree.

But this is St Mirren so we will wait till the 10th of July to appoint the new manager giving him 10 days to assemble a squad of players before our tour to Dumbarton and Ayr.

In past years players have had a clause in their contracts that they are free to go in the event of relegation so I would think most of the older players will be off with the younger players staying. What does it matter as things are a big mess and wont improve any time soon. We will be down for the best part of a decade.

Edit add

The Championship is a hard league a lot of good teams in there.

On that we need someone who knows the league.

Get Ian Murray in NOW

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

To be fair, many of us were willing to pay what we could afford (not all of us own a large profitable business) to try and make 10,000 hours work.

Rightly or wrongly the current BOD put the kybosh on that option.

I'm not going to lambast the board, as I still recognise the good that they've done for the club. However, in the past few years they've made decisions that are making it harder to remember that overall, they have been good for the club.

Asking Drew to buy the club is just f**king stupid, but not unsurprising, given your track record on posting ill thought out drivel.

Of course it's not f**king stupid. Either pay up or f**k off and give the rest of us peace..

Dead easy Drew.

I signed up for 10000Hours,so was willing to do my bit, within my means.

This tired pish about Gilmour et al sinking money into the club has ran it's course. We are all grateful to them for something very positive they done over 15 years ago, but that is history, they have undone it in recent years.

Would you applaud someone for saving a drowning man only to throw him under a f**king train?

If you want to be a Gilmour groupie, just you carry on. All you will be doing is exposing yourself to be just the mug that he and his pals are taking you for.

Of course it's not f**king stupid. Either pay up or f**k off and give the rest of us peace..

I retract my statement.

It's idiocy of the highest order.

TBH I think the majority on here would rather see you acting upon the instruction in the emboldened statement at the end of your sentence of ill thought out drivel.

Thing is, you're too much of a self important cock to realise that.

Would you applaud someone for saving a drowning man only to throw him under a f**king train?

If you want to be a Gilmour groupie, just you carry on. All you will be doing is exposing yourself to be just the mug that he and his pals are taking you for.

Come back when you stop taking all this personally Drew.

That first line in particular is a disgraceful comparison with what our BOD have done.

I'm no groupie. Not Gilmours and certainly not yours. Accept others see things differently from you and you'll have a happier time on here.

I retract my statement.

TBH I think the majority on here would rather see you acting upon the instruction in the emboldened statement at the end of your sentence of ill thought out drivel.

TBH I couldn't care less what the majority or the minority think about me.

I construct my views without waiting to see what others think first.

Haven't you learned that yet?

That first line in particular is a disgraceful comparison with what our BOD have done.

I'm no groupie. Not Gilmours and certainly not yours. Accept others see things differently from you and you'll have a happier time on here.

That's the funniest thing you've ever posted on here.

I think the club has to be sold before we can make any progress, if it was just one or two board members looking to sell up the others could take up the slack and plan for the future but with the entire board wanting out there can be no long term planning so everything will be done with a view that the club could change hands within 6 months. I wonder if the consortium now regret not taking 10,000 hours up on the deal even with a lesser amount than they wanted as they have been stuck somewhere they don't want to be for the last few years and it is now dragging the entire club down while the value of their shares must be plummeting. With the criteria the BoD have in place for new owners it may be their best option is to get SMiSA round the table and see if some kid of deal on a fan buyout could be considered otherwise we will just keep drifting along until the club is finally sold.

I retract my statement.

Nice one. Oddly,Oaky is beginning to go a bit male-macho, almost as if he's trying to grow a pair. Probably on hormone treatment or something but he'll still never be a normal human being apart from in the lonely little world he occupies.

Taking it personally? You've lost me on that one.

I'm happy to accept that others think differently to me. Indeed, I'm glad they do. You, however, try to belittle people who don't agree with your world-view, and it is neither smart, nor funny. Indeed, you, Sir, are a crashing bore.

We're no down yet.

Need to start fighting for our survival this Season.

Surely if the club gets relegated the value drops by well over 50% and the fans can make a decent bid?

Ask someone like Gordon Scott to run it.

I've been thinking along these lines too but I've no idea what the percentage drop in value might be. Did anyone query the price, or ask how it was arrived at, when 10,000 hours was still alive? As I've said on here before, it's a pity we had no way of knowing the 'sale' would drag on so long. The fans could have created a very workable fund over that timescale but presumably that opportunity is gone now.

Was going to reply to this jargon then realised its maybe fueld with alcohol and anger.

Yes the board have made mistakes on a grand scale this season on that we can all agree. But the rest is just a pile of smelly keech !

Well said Sir.

Excrement could be added to alcohol & anger though.thumbup2.gif

The BOD have let the fans down this season. Of that there is no doubt, in my mind. Terrible managerial choices, awful players brought in and paid off, Kenny McLean sold for a song and a real lack of communication with the paying supporters.

The weekend results really made me think, for the first time, we were going down. The only thing I'm clinging to at the moment is that we go on the sort of run County have, which has been inexplicable given how they were playing. That is has happened once was surprising, the canapés of two teams at the bottom going on this type of run is just not on the cards at all. The absolute best we can hope for now is catching Motherwell and and getting into the shitfest that the two legged playoff final will be.

Here's hoping.

Edited by DLBud

Seems there are still a few posters here who need to get their heads out of the sand.

Relegation is not the end of the world but if we carry on with no leadership, no forward planning and no decision making then it could easily be two relegations in a row.

The board have screwed up too many times now, fallen out with other board members, fallen out with investors, refused to sell to GS, refused to sell to 10,000 hours and still seem to think someone will pay them 2m quid.