St Mirren Bod

Seems there are still a few posters here who need to get their heads out of the sand.

Relegation is not the end of the world but if we carry on with no leadership, no forward planning and no decision making then it could easily be two relegations in a row.

The board have screwed up too many times now, fallen out with other board members, fallen out with investors, refused to sell to GS, refused to sell to 10,000 hours and still seem to think someone will pay them 2m quid.

As has been wrote many times , the board have made mistakes this season which will probably see us relegated.

Personally I see them having saved the club for that will always be grateful and will never forget.

The board tried to raise funds to help us stay at Love Street - Did the fans respond - No

10,000 Hours was started up for fan ownership - did the fans respond - No not enough signed up

The board has had the club up for sale for years now trying to hand over to safe hands - you cant force someone to buy a football club.

If the board thinks its worth A and you think its worth B - Tough shit its worth what the owners think its worth not you.

While I am frustrated and disappointed as the next fan I certainly appreciate the hard work and hours spent trying to run a club with a limited support and funds. If I won a hundred million never in a million years would I want to own a football club even one I love. Though I would hand over a donation.

If we are relegated or if we stay up we need rid of the board!

I recognize what they have done in saving our club but for the last 2 years they have made terrible decisions!!

1 Not renewing Danny Lennon's contract!

2 Appoiting Tommy Craig as manager on a 2 year contract!

3 Selling our best player to another spl team 6 hours before transfer window shuts!

4 Not interviewing for the Managers job AGAIN!

5 Appointing Garry Teale!

6 Taking to long to appoint a manager!

7 COST CUTTING even when in trouble!

8 The way they handled the Bid process!

9 The lack of communication with there customers (ie me and you the fans!)

10 The Strips!!

These 10 bad decisions are the reason we find our self in this position!

I wish we had taken the English Bid more seriously! As for the Argy bid smoke screen to justify cost cutting!

Take the past out it and the only conclusion I can come up with is...This board will not bring us back up if relegated!.

As has been wrote many times , the board have made mistakes this season which will probably see us relegated.

Personally I see them having saved the club for that will always be grateful and will never forget.

The board tried to raise funds to help us stay at Love Street - Did the fans respond - No

10,000 Hours was started up for fan ownership - did the fans respond - No not enough signed up

The board has had the club up for sale for years now trying to hand over to safe hands - you cant force someone to buy a football club.

If the board thinks its worth A and you think its worth B - Tough shit its worth what the owners think its worth not you.

While I am frustrated and disappointed as the next fan I certainly appreciate the hard work and hours spent trying to run a club with a limited support and funds. If I won a hundred million never in a million years would I want to own a football club even one I love. Though I would hand over a donation.

The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Spot on IOB Saint.

The St. Mirren supporters are to blame.

They stood by and were prepared to allow the club to die.

It was the BOD who saved us.

I would buy the club if I won big bucks but only to get closely involved in turning it over to fan ownership once I was persuaded that there was a professional, realistic business plan and as near as i could be sure, a board with some experience and nous to succeed. It's a pipe dream. Could we get a thousand Saints fans to put a fiver a week into a fund and buy a couple of thousand tickets in Euromillions?

Rubbish.

It was not the "ordinary fan" that caused the failure of 10000hrs.

Find it quite amusing that some fans think they can find new owners just by walking into a shop hitting the shop keeper over the head with a soft slap and say YOU ARE BUYING MY CLUB - GO.

The club was very close to being sold at Christmas , and the interested party was that disappointed the sale fell through , he chose to share it on this forum , there has been interest in the club , and it could be argued that the price has now dropped significantly due to our current situation , which in itself might create more interest .

My feeling is that there may be those within the selling group , who may chose to take an offer now , rather than see how things pan out over the next three years..

We certainly need something to kickstart enthusiasm in watching Saints

So I think there is a strong possibility that the club will be sold by the end of the year .

I would buy the club if I won big bucks but only to get closely involved in turning it over to fan ownership once I was persuaded that there was a professional, realistic business plan and as near as i could be sure, a board with some experience and nous to succeed. It's a pipe dream. Could we get a thousand Saints fans to put a fiver a week into a fund and buy a couple of thousand tickets in Euromillions?

Has the club been actively marketed at any time? The Board have let it be known that they want out and have been patient with 10000 hours and a couple of other consortiums but has a KPMG or whatever really tested the market? Did we follow up the Phoenix Sun's guy when the new Rangers told him to naff off? 5 years on the market maybe suggests either the club is worth hee haw or change the marketing.

Rubbish.

It was not the "ordinary fan" that caused the failure of 10000hrs.

What kind of numbers are we looking at that could be called hard core. Lets take a minimum figure of 2,000.

How many actually signed up for fan ownership :

Yes some had an agenda with RA for that reason not signing up.

But we cant get away from the facts - two attempts have been made to raise cash.

For saving the club which fell well short resulting on the board putting houses and pension against raising the necessary funds just to keep the club afloat. Even then the club was in danger of closing but thanks to lady luck and a lot of hard work from the board Paisley council stepped in with planning permission. Up to that point the board had no idea if they would lose their houses and pensions. That's die hards who go beyond the call of duty.

As has already been pointed out, if you want to sell something for 2m quid and nobody wants it then "tough shit", the club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I recall the fans paid for the East Stand to be built at Love Street. I don't recall any great fundraising drive from the board to save the stadium, just a lot of claiming that if we didn't move we would die.

Plenty of fans responded to 10,000 hours, the board rejected it and insisted they still want 2m pounds.

The club is going down the pan because of their greed and lack of interest in running things properly.

As has already been pointed out, if you want to sell something for 2m quid and nobody wants it then "tough shit", the club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I recall the fans paid for the East Stand to be built at Love Street. I don't recall any great fundraising drive from the board to save the stadium, just a lot of claiming that if we didn't move we would die.

Plenty of fans responded to 10,000 hours, the board rejected it and insisted they still want 2m pounds.

The club is going down the pan because of their greed and lack of interest in running things properly.

I don't remember the fans paying for the east stand think you are wrong there.

Why do you think the share issue was put to the fans but failed. Remember this was long before moving the stadium came up.

The fact at the moment - twice money has been tried to be raised through the fans for the bigger picture and failed.

Fan club put the money up for Jackie Copland but that was a loan.

The club was very close to being sold at Christmas , and the interested party was that disappointed the sale fell through , he chose to share it on this forum , there has been interest in the club , and it could be argued that the price has now dropped significantly due to our current situation , which in itself might create more interest .

My feeling is that there may be those within the selling group , who may chose to take an offer now , rather than see how things pan out over the next three years..

We certainly need something to kickstart enthusiasm in watching Saints

So I think there is a strong possibility that the club will be sold by the end of the year .

It was also revealed that just one of the board put the blocker on the sale as that person wanted more money

I'm still in the belief that not all the board wants out

I don't remember the fans paying for the east stand think you are wrong there.

Why do you think the share issue was put to the fans but failed. Remember this was long before moving the stadium came up.

The fact at the moment - twice money has been tried to be raised through the fans for the bigger picture and failed.

Fan club put the money up for Jackie Copland but that was a loan.

The East Stand was built on the proceeds of a raffle and it was Fans that bought the tickets.

Jackie Copland?You're talking 1976......what has that got to do with the current situation?

If we are relegated or if we stay up we need rid of the board!

I recognize what they have done in saving our club but for the last 2 years they have made terrible decisions!!

1 Not renewing Danny Lennon's contract!

2 Appoiting Tommy Craig as manager on a 2 year contract!

3 Selling our best player to another spl team 6 hours before transfer window shuts!

4 Not interviewing for the Managers job AGAIN!

5 Appointing Garry Teale!

6 Taking to long to appoint a manager!

7 COST CUTTING even when in trouble!

8 The way they handled the Bid process!

9 The lack of communication with there customers (ie me and you the fans!)

10 The Strips!!

These 10 bad decisions are the reason we find our self in this position!

I wish we had taken the English Bid more seriously! As for the Argy bid smoke screen to justify cost cutting!

Take the past out it and the only conclusion I can come up with is...This board will not bring us back up if relegated!.

When your heart isn't in your work you make mistakes and eventually get caught out. Wish the BoD had left 2 years ago with a thoroughly deserved legacy.

Wonder if relegation would lead to a sale. On the one hand there's a hell of a lot of income lost in terms of TV, crowds etc but on the other the value would surely have to drop. It may then become affordable to someone, or it could be someone else is willing to pay the smaller price because it gives them more to throw at the club.

If we have the same board and go down I would not be at all surprised for Teale to remain as manager. He has another year on his contract and they won't want to pay that off. Personally I think whoever comes in - be it a novice, an up and coming manager or an experienced hand - should have no connection to the club unless it's someone who left a long time ago.

Spot on IOB Saint.

The St. Mirren supporters are to blame.

They stood by and were prepared to allow the club to die.

It was the BOD who saved us.

No No No. According to Drew and FTOF and a myriad of others they did EVERYTHING it was possible for them to do.

They got off their collective fat arses, emptied their bank accounts, re-mortgaged their houses, covered the shortfall in wages, talked to the banks about the debt and negotiated terms, organised the sale of the ground,tried to organise a vehicle for other investors to step in and help when their own money ran out......

....er hang on. Am I confusing them with some other people like REA and our current board?

The fact is that the world is polluted by the likes of Drew - fair weather fans who pay a paltry couple of hundred quid a year and think that gives them carte-blanche to verbally abuse and discredit more those who stood up to be counted - our BOD.

I'd take one tired and fed up Stewart Gilmour over a million Drews, FTOF, pRicks and the rest any day of the week.

Talk is cheap as the latter prove on a daily basis.

When your heart isn't in your work you make mistakes and eventually get caught out. Wish the BoD had left 2 years ago with a thoroughly deserved legacy.

They will leave with a well deserved legacy.

Every time a Drew and his band of merry tits pops up to bash their gums they'll find at least one person prepared to remind him that whilst Gilmour walked the walk whilst they did nothing.

It clearly is cos you won't stop fecking bleating about it. :lol

It clearly isn't. It is (as I had to explain to 'another shite alias' in a subsequent post), an indication of the apathy within our boardroom. Kemp also explained this in his post about his own business. It is not difficult to understand...

Unless of course you fall into the 'fcuking idiot' category on here.

Edited by pozbaird

No No No. According to Drew and FTOF and a myriad of others they did EVERYTHING it was possible for them to do.

They got off their collective fat arses, emptied their bank accounts, re-mortgaged their houses, covered the shortfall in wages, talked to the banks about the debt and negotiated terms, organised the sale of the ground,tried to organise a vehicle for other investors to step in and help when their own money ran out......

....er hang on. Am I confusing them with some other people like REA and our current board?

The fact is that the world is polluted by the likes of Drew - fair weather fans who pay a paltry couple of hundred quid a year and think that gives them carte-blanche to verbally abuse and discredit more those who stood up to be counted - our BOD.

I'd take one tired and fed up Stewart Gilmour over a million Drews, FTOF, pRicks and the rest any day of the week.

What a rant and a bit personal too. Look, while the board have been praised for their stewardship if the club, they are not beyond repproach and are accountable at the end of the day for where we are. Like any business, you accept the credit for success but also the flak when things go bad. There are a number of reasons why we are where we are and mismanagement cannot be ignored and the board exempt from any blame because of previous positive stewardship of our club. The fact that the board are silent on our current state does not help. Edited by nedflanders123

You do know that AA is completely on the wind up?

Obviously you don't, which makes your post even full of pish than they usually are..

You're fast becoming point and laugh material.

Edited by FTOF